[Advice] League of Legends Window Disappears
League of Legends badge shows up, then disappears.
League of Legends disappears after hitting 'Play'.
Multiple known, some unknown.
- Windows Updates
- System Restores
- Firewall/Antivirus issues.
1) Try right clicking the League of Legends launcher and going to 'Run as Admin' (Windows Vista/Seven)
2) Ensure you are logged into an Administrative account on the computer
3) Try disabling User Account Control. Go to Start --> Control Panel, and search for User Account Control. Disable this temporarily. (Windows Vista/Seven)
4) Ensure you have ALL Windows updates, including the optionals.
5) Try uninstalling and reinstalling Internet Explorer 8
6) Try repairing League of Legends: http://126.96.36.199/Guides/Repairing%...%20Legends.zip
7) Disable any Antivirus or Firewall software you have. Note that some software may actually need completely removed, as disabling isn't enough. This is only temporary of course, but try uninstalling and testing LoL - and reinstall after you've tested.
8) Delete the folder: C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_launcher
Re-open LoL. During this time the badge will show as it redownloads the files. Please do not click the badge until it either disappears of LoL opens.
8.1) Similar to 8:
Try the following:
- everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\downloads
- lol_air_client and lol_air_client_config_na inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects
- everything inside C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions
After deleting ,restart your computer. When restarted, run League of Legends in Administrator Mode.
9) Full Clean Reinstall
This one is slightly annoying due to what is required, but fixes this a majority of the time.
How this differs from a normal reinstall:
- Uninstall League of Legends from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Adobe Air from Add/Remove programs
- Uninstall Pando Media Booster from Add/Remove Programs
- Delete any traces of LoL left behind
- Run http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner and clean any registry issues
- Delete any and all traces of LoL left behind
If anyone has further suggestions of what could be causing this or how to fix it, it's very welcome! :-) Also I'd appreciate if you mentioned in the poll what fixed it for you (if anything) to get an idea of the main fixes. Thanks!
Thank you! After trying soo many things, step 8 finally worked 'w'
Are there any traces not found in the expected paths when uninstalling LoL? Meaning... anything outside of the Program Files directory?
Not usually, unless you've put them there yourself :-)
Trying #6, and have attempted everything before it except uninstalling IE 8 - that thing does NOT want to be uninstalled without a fight.
Edit: #6 Worked!
Thanks for feeding back everyone - it's hard to gauge whether these steps are successful without feedback - not only for us both other players might come in and think "Pfft it doesn't work, nobody says it does!" So thanks for dropping by and letting me/us know what worked :-)
You better not lie Eambo! and the others! Spent my whole day waiting to play T-T (Edit) OMGAHD 8, and 8,1 worked for me im so happy! (Edit) Ehh its not working too good now
iAndo, what's the issue now?
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 10:31 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc