League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Ranked games (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=969361)

Ebay Account 07-14-2011 06:17 PM

Ranked games

Hi guys,

I'm a new level 30 ( about 180 normal wins, got to level 30 today ), and I'd like some advice on how to do well in ranked games. I'm confident in my last hitting skills, i can play AP caster, jungler and tank and i have 2 complete rune page ( one for AP caster and one for jungler/tank ), i have a decent map awareness ( when i recall and have enough gold i always buy some wards too ).

I can play really well:

Jarvan
Nocturne
Anivia
Annie
Malzahar

I can play well:

Teemo
Vladimir
Irelia
Cho'gath
Ashe

I played about 5 normal games since i hitted level 30, and no one was warding/last hitting etc, i don't want to get matched up with this kind of person and end up at 900 elo after 10 games. And i don't believe i'm still good enough to carry a team... I'd like some advice on how to win at least the majority of my first game to make full use of the x2 bonus for those ...

Thanks for your help.

Nowitsfair 07-14-2011 06:21 PM

1. Play annie
2. Press R
3. ????
4. Win games

tsarr 07-14-2011 06:24 PM

honestly. just dont die. keep your kda high, and your cs high, and always prioratise helping ure team mates

mr seeker 07-14-2011 06:45 PM

my advice for you is don't be greedy, play during a time where you won't have to disconnect,call Mia's and go back when on low health don't get greedy^, other then i hope you have a good first rank game, be polite to Ur teammate's and Ur elo will raise P.S if you got ward's use them on baron and dragon, i dunno how many games Ive won by catching the other team out on baron.

Warrrrax 07-15-2011 07:32 AM

You need to be a High Contributing member in order to carry the scum that you are partnered with. A 20% just doesnt cut it.

Ways to do this:

a) Jungle, but DONT SIT IN JUNGLE FOREVER. A WW who disappears till 10 is useless. You want a jungler with a good gank like Nunu or Xin, who can go to the lanes that are failing and help them out.
A few good ganks can really make a difference, even if you just pull their flash/ghost.
Ive personally won many games with Nunu by helping a failing solo top and feed them some kills. All it takes is about 2 kills to give that player a big XP advantage over the enemy (plus gold) and turn it around so he can dominate.
You also cover towers that your idiot teammates abandon.
Jungles are usually carries too which can make a big contribution later on.

However, dont get discouraged. Ive played junglers and helped my team off to a 10-2 start and they STILL manage to find a way to lose....even when they got most of the kills due to me letting them 'KS'. I feel better knowing that even tho we lost, if I had NOT jungled, they would have gotten absolutely destroyed quickly, instead of starting off losing.

b) Carry mid. Play a good carry and focus on ganking sidelanes to support the losers so they dont feed. Same concept as (a). You MUST help your **** to not feed.
Can be either AP or AD.

1Y 2M 20D 11-16-2012 01:12 PM

1: Kartus
2: Press R
3: Win game

Bagel Arms 11-16-2012 03:54 PM

1. Ward-if your support can't/won't, don't hesitate to pick up a pink ward in order to check for enemy wards so that you can gank or pick up dragon (and later, baron). Once you clear the ward, wait a few minutes and make sure your lanes are pushed before you pick up dragon.

2. Don't tell your team that it's your first/second/etc ranked game, they will likely put you off as bad and blame you if you guys are losing.

3. Stay cool. If you make a mistake, admit it and remember it and try not to make it again.

4. Keep your objectives in mind. Control of towers, dragon, baron, red buffs, blue buffs, map control. Gold is an important factor, so dragon and baron and kills are helpful, but don't suicide 1v4 while they're at dragon because that will just put you further behind. Take a second to think about who is MIA and whether or not you can win before you dive people. Don't chase bait.

5. Praise your team for doing well. Even just a "nice gank" can go a long way in making people feel comfortable.

6. If you're mid, remember to gank and help your team or they might fall behind. If you jungle, make sure to gank and help your team or you WILL fall behind (though with the new Season 3 changes this may change). If you are top, know whether or not you can kill the enemy, make sure to farm and then help your other lanes, because you will have a lot of gold. If you ADC, make sure to farm and control dragon, killing an enemy only gives as much gold as 13-14 creeps, so you can win the earlygame just by out-farming them. If you are support, WARD WARD WARD. Philo Stone for supports, and prioritize wards over items in general. Pink wards allow you to take out enemy wards, so watch where they ward (especially if they buy pinks because you want to put yours down after them to kill theirs first). Pink wards and other wards wards wards wards on dragon and baron. If you are purple team, a ward right in the opening to dragon will let you see if they warded inside his nest. (Or, as blue, in baron's nest.)

7. Take a break after every game to stretch, make sure to stay well-fed on a balanced diet and hydrated so that you are mentally able to think about the game.

And last, getting better will come with time as you learn how to build in different situations and learn more about the strengths and weaknesses of all 107+ champions in the game and how to outplay and win against them!

And have fun, psh, that too.

MĂ­ley Dyrus 11-16-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iLuvCheat (Hozzászólás 11438271)
Hi guys,

I'm a new level 30
Thanks for your help.

Don't play ranked.
Also, ward.

AlexDnD2 11-16-2012 06:14 PM

Tips:

1. If you see a teammate make a mistake. Call them on it. They will appreciate you helping them learn.
2. Follow pick order rigidly. If you want top and your first pick - you get top. As a side note - never assume your team will follow-through on a swap. Too many trolls.
3. Use pings. And I don't mean PING. I mean PINGS. With an S. One ping is ignored, you need to use multiple pings to get people's attention.
4. If your jungle isn't ganking, yell at them.

AlexDnD2 11-16-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterTangerine (Hozzászólás 31507648)
Don't play ranked.
Also, ward.

Why shouldn't he play ranked. Its what separates the boys from the men.