League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why are there no Corkis? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=96062)

Ashcarr 04-19-2010 06:40 AM

Why are there no Corkis?

Scrolling through the champion screen after buying both champion bundles, I seen Corki. Who I had never seen played in my roughly 100 games played, counting practice. I figured I'll just run a practice game with him against bots.

He doesn't seem so horribly bad that nobody would play him. So what's his deal? No stun or slow on him sure, but that doesn't seem like enough to get people to just outright ignore this guy.

Delirium Tremens 04-19-2010 06:58 AM

Corki is played quite a bit in higher level competition. You don't see him much in low ELO games because

a) he's expensive

b) he's not easy to play

Corki is horribly squishy and has potential for some amazing damage. The problem is that his ultimate is a directional attack with a really narrow range for error. It gets creep blocked often, it's easy to miss with, etc.

When you run into a pro corki you're in for some hurt. They know when the big one is up and they'll hit you with that ult constantly.

TL;DR Corki is awesome, he's just not nub friendly.

OmniOblivion 04-19-2010 07:10 AM

Cause the Valkyrie bombs everyone's FPS.

gun fu panda 04-19-2010 07:50 AM

Corki is hard to solo queue with. He needs a coordinated team with solid CC/tanks to set him up for his AOE ownage. He is fantastic in arranged teams though.

IceGiants2 04-19-2010 08:02 AM

Yah, Corky is equal to or better then most of the carrys in the game. But like others have said...

1. He seems really hard to play when you are just starting out.
2. He costs 6000IP
3. You need some group coordination, though not as much as Anivia.

Just play him, lose 30 games learning how to play him and then watch people rage quit when you blow up the other team with all your aoes.

He is a rewarding hero to learn.

KeVoN xD 04-19-2010 08:08 AM

I think the real problem is that someones got him for free, and many as me think that its not worth to buy a 6k ip champ, wich some got for free.

Sry for my english

SAludos

Spoing 04-19-2010 08:10 AM

He's free, you got him some time ago with the ufo skin.
But you need a good team, he has NO slow or something. And Valkyrie is for escaping, and not really good for chasing.
And most go for AP corki or for hybrid corki, and thus failing horriously. With full AD (no AS) and sheen you RAPE everyone with your gattling gun (that thing is almost OP). And with your ulti you can proc your sheen making them cry as you gun them down with crazy damage.
But that doesnt work if they run away and you have noone to stun them

rikrokola 04-19-2010 08:15 AM

I solo que all the time, and even though I tryhard, Corki is really hard to play. I end up getting more assists than kills.

I'm also thinking that Corki is best with all runes on a rune page and all masteries completed under a tree.

Sarcon 04-19-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoing (Hozzászólás 1076794)
He's free, you got him some time ago with the ufo skin.
But you need a good team, he has NO slow or something. And Valkyrie is for escaping, and not really good for chasing.
And most go for AP corki or for hybrid corki, and thus failing horriously. With full AD (no AS) and sheen you RAPE everyone with your gattling gun (that thing is almost OP). And with your ulti you can proc your sheen making them cry as you gun them down with crazy damage.
But that doesnt work if they run away and you have noone to stun them

Agreed. Gatling Gun with 'Sheen' is awesome. I've also wanted to try out the Gatling Gun with 'Tiamat' to see how well the splash damage works off of it.

cats 04-19-2010 08:35 AM

I play Corki on occasion and he is not as bad as he looks infact he is fantastic and once you learn how to play with him it will become easy.

He has a vision+35% blind aoe skill!!!
An AP dmg ot + dash
Gatling that removes armor per hit
Ult that can hit enemies from your range of vision every 4th does extra dmg!!
If you are really good with your aim and timing you can use the ult to scout as well

Depending on the enemy team you may put some skills about others, but is usually Gatling gun is your main. He helps dps teams and hurts dps teams. He even gives a ton of hurt from where they cant possibly hit you with the ultimate.