League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Pantheon's Ult (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=928197)

Skither 07-06-2011 01:02 AM

Pantheon's Ult

Is it some form of joke or something? Someone called it OP too (Pretty sad).

Anyhow, his ult is a disgrace. It takes a very long time to start up and a long time to land. It's like, what's the point of coming in with it if it's almost a guarantee that they'll be gone before you even start charging it up?

Meleney 07-06-2011 01:14 AM

I would completely agree. With the amount of time between cast and the time you land a few things can happen.
1. All the enemies clear because they're not idiots, big angry circle should be avoided. Duh.
2. Maybe 1 isn't paying attention.
3. Your team actually coordinated it and cc them until you land, but Panth would have been more useful there the whole time in most situations.
Then even if your ult manages to hit someone it does about .. what is it guys 3-4 damage? I mean, it barely even phases me and I always play squishies.

Raziel256 07-06-2011 03:23 AM

Got the chance to play him today with the free champion rotation. I agree its cast then landing takes forever and anyone with half a brain cell can avoid it.

Zephoid 07-06-2011 05:36 AM

you can always do the funny trick of jumping into a bush so the enemy cant see the ring if they arent in the bush. but yeah, its pretty bad.

lbgsloan 07-06-2011 05:38 AM

Heh, I remember saying this exact same thing to myself after trying him in a bot game. I takes a good 7-8 seconds to land after hitting the button, more than enough time for everyone to avoid it completely. I ending up using it to farm large minions waves since it was useless against anything else...

GalacticFlame 07-06-2011 05:46 AM

Farming minon waves? I found it not good enough for that, to be quite honest.

Curry 07-06-2011 05:52 AM

Mandrop is epic and isn't UP or OP.
You can use it in many ways.

-cut the way of the enemys. as you said the circle must be avoided what if you can't ?

-kill champions it takes about the same guessing you need to ashe arrow over the whole map.

-farming

and yeah its still awesome you can't make it shorter cast unless you wanna hear again "OMFG OP PANTHEN...:" cuz you would have an easy placed "1k teleport hit" which is obviusly OP.

just my 2 cents

thecoyl 07-06-2011 06:26 AM

If not shorter then put no ring. You cant have a 8 sec timer to do something and then a huge sign that says "look im coming run away" then even if they stay in it you do your 1000 magic damage which gets reduced alot by magic resist Then you cant put any dps out because panth doesn't do any dps.

Belthasar7 07-06-2011 06:59 AM

Pantheon's ult is certainly OP. It's why he as a champion was made fairly weak with his most recent nerfs. He can go anywhere on the map, this makes split pushing a constant threat, and just like Shen, he can turn the tide of a fight. It takes a bit of coordination, and players who are bad with him will miss a lot, but the enemy only sees the targeting circle for 1.5 seconds, and with a moderate amount of forethought, it's usually pretty easy to predict where someone's going to be if they're pushing, or easy to hit people in a team fight. Ults like this (and TF's) are just OP by nature.

Best Atheist NA 07-06-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belthasar7 (Hozzászólás 10949826)
He can go anywhere on the map.

Going anywhere on the map would be amazing if he was actually able to kill with his QWE. His ult is a joke in its current state. They might as well remove the damage component from it, because you rarely hit an emeny champion with it. When the ring appears on the ground, people need to be slowed to make it viable, imo. Much like GP's ult. Or have spears start raining down on the targeted area right before it lands.

Even with the poor state of his ult, his main issue is with his stun and HSS.