League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jarvan IV Guide (DEMACIAAAAAAA) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=920329)

Havoc209 07-03-2011 01:34 PM

Jarvan IV Guide (DEMACIAAAAAAA)

2 Attachment(s)
Introduction: Jarvan IV is a great champion, extremely dominant. He is very tanky, and he can dish out some DPS while not taking any damage. He has a knock up that's on roughly about a 10 second CD at level 18 (when you max his Demacian Standard and Dragon Strike.) Jarvan IV can shut down a carry in a team fight, with Cataclysm, (his ulti) and if you have another really AoE champion on your team, (ex: Fiddlesticks, Karthus) Cataclysm is great to trap their whole team in.

Runes: (Picture in Thumbnail)
Red: 9x Greater Mark of Desolation (+1.66 Armor Penetration)
Yellow: 9x Greater Seal of Resilience (+1.41 Armor)
Blue: 9x Greater Glyph of Shielding (+0.15 Magic Resist per level)
Quintessence: 3x Greater Quintessence of Desolation (+3.33 Armor Penetration)

Explanation: I like this rune build because it allows me to get gold per 5 items (Heart of Gold, Philsopher Stone) while still dealing a ton of damage. The Armor and magic resist are so you don't take as much damage early game, while not having to get a ton of magic resist late game.

Masteries:
(Picture in Thumbnail)
I go 21/0/9 on Jarvan IV, picking up 2% Critical Strike in offense, Cripple, (Improved Exhaust) 3% Cooldown Reduction, 2% Attack Speed, 15% Magical Penetration, 6 Armor Pen, 3 Attack Dmg, 10% Increased Critical strike Damage, and Havoc, All in the Offensive tree. In the utility tree, I get 10% Reduced time dead, 2% Health and mana regeneration, 5% experience gained, and 1 gold every 10 seconds.

Explanation: Going down the Offensive tree, gives you a ton of extra damage, you become a monster early/late game, while late game, when you start building tanky, you dominate the enemies. The reason I go 9 down the Utility tree, is because 10% reduced time dead can be a lot of time if you just got aced and you need to defend a tower, the health/mana regeneration one, is just so you can go to the experience tree, which, you can out level your lane if they do not have it, so it's very good. I get Greed (1 gold per 10 seconds) because it synergizes with my GP5 (Gold Per 5) Items that I already get.

Summoner Spells:

I take Exhaust / Flash on Jarvan IV.

Explanation: Flash is a great get-away spell, and you have 3 gap closers on Jarvan, Exhaust is just a great spell for shutting down a carry on the opposing team, or going head-to-head early game with a champion.

Item Build: Starting Items: Regrowth Pendant / Health Potion. Build the Regrowth Pendant into a Philsopher stone.
Early Items: Heart of Gold, Philosopher Stone, Mercury Treads.
Heart of Gold makes you tanky while still getting Gold Per 5,
Philosopher Stone gives you some great early mana/health regeneration while giving gold per 5.
Mercury treads are great for melee because you can easily be CC'd (Crowd Controlled, stuns, slows, blinds.)
Core Items: (In order of how I get them)
Warmog's Armor: It gives you a ton of health (1370) and some very nice regeneration. I usually rush this after I get my Mercury Treads.
Atma's Impaler: Very great item with Warmog's, you get a lot of damage, critical strike, and most importantly, the armor on it is very nice.
Force of Nature: Ton of magic resist, movement speed, and the health regen is very nice.
Trinity Force: This is a must, movement speed, critical strike, slow, all of it you need very badly.
Randuins Omen: Turn your heart of gold into this, unless you are getting dominated by magic champions (Vladimir, Annie) If you are getting dominated by them, pick up a Banshee's veil instead. Randuins slow is very nice if you are chasing somebody, or if you are in a team fight and you use it in the middle.

Skills:
Passive: Martial Cadence: Jarvan IV exploits his target's opening, dealing a % of the target's current HP as magic damage. This effect cannot occur on the same target for 6 seconds.
Explanation: Great passive, lets you kill tanky champions, as well as non tanky champions, gives you the ability to last-hit minions very well.

Q: Dragon Strike: Jarvan IV extends his lance, dealing 70/120/170/220/270 (+110% of attack damage) physical damage and lowering the Armor of all enemies in its path by 10/14/18/22/26% for 3 seconds.
Explanation: Allows you to harass champions very well, max this ability out first, as it does the most damage. Combined with Demacian Standard, it's a very nasty combo, and effective with the knock up.

W: Golden Aegis: Jarvan IV forges a 50/90/130/170/210 (+20/25/30/35/40 health for each nearby enemy champion) health shield for 5 seconds, which slows surrounding enemies by 15/20/25/30/35% for 2 seconds.
Explanation: Max this ability second, it's a great way to get away from enemy champions slowing you. The shield is also clutch if you are ignited and have almost no HP.

E: Demacian Standard: Passively grants Jarvan bonus attack speed and armor. Active: Throws a Demacian flag, dealing physical damage and granting passive benefits to nearby allies.
Explanation: Max this ability last, but get it first at level 1. The armor and attack speed help you in lane, but the damage isn't that great, meaning you won't notice it if you level it up first.

R: Cataclysm: Jarvan IV heroically leaps at an enemy champion, dealing 200/325/450 (+150 of attack damage) physical damage and creating an arena of impassable terrain around them for 3.5 seconds.
Explanation: Use this ability on one of their carries, in a team fight, if you have a lot of aoe, try to use it on their whole team and keep them trapped inside the wall. Keep in mind this ability is bugged, if you use it while they flash, you will be right next to them after they flash.

Skill Order: E(Demacian Flag) -> Q(Dragon Strike) -> Q -> W(Golden Aegis) -> Q -> R(Cataclysm) -> Q -> W -> Q -> W -> R -> W -> W -> E -> E -> R -> E -> E

Early Game: You really just want to farm, maybe go for a kill here or there, but if you can't get a kill, don't risk it. Once you get your gold per 5 items, you want to just sit back farming, becoming as tanky as you can possibly get.

Mid Game: You want to try and gank the enemies as much as possible. You will be doing a lot of damage to them, while also getting a lot of gold from your Heart of Gold and Philosopher Stone.

Late Game: This is where you shine! You will be very tanky while still doing a lot of damage, you will be unkillable if you build him right, while they try and kill you, your team is killing them. If you are getting in a team fight, you should try and trap their whole team in your wall, if you can't, just try and trap their carry and kill him yourself.

If you need help with Jarvan, Friend me in-game and I will help you out.

Chaoticon 07-03-2011 01:36 PM

I use tank runes with armor pen and 9/21/0. Then I go mid and build AD items. People are always caught off-guard and dominated.

Xenodyne 07-03-2011 02:37 PM

Have a bump for DEMACIAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

The Panda Mayne 07-03-2011 03:30 PM

in light of the recent nerf to Philo stone. Do you still think it is viable? I mean it seems like a waist of money to me. Why not just save regen pendant for warmongs skipping philo all together? When I play jarv I get at least decent farming, e-q auto auto auto. Fairly easy minion combo making 2 gold per 5 unnecessary. Also, I assume you only go FoN when there are 2 damaging casters on the enemy team, if not, do you still get it for the regen and move or would you go thornmail if they have dps? Another question, have you tested 3 hp quints instead of armor pen? That is what I usually use. But, I can see where getting the pen keeps you from having to get lw or something like that. Another thing, why run mr per level runes when your getting merc, and FoN and possible banshees? Wouldn't it be better to go cdr, mana regen, or even flat mr for early game. These would provide obviouslly faster combos/ the mana regen you get from philo making it, once again unnecessary/ help out with the early game casters and let you items cover late game casters. Your thoughts and answers will be greatly appreciated. Good job on the guide, Short but with enough info to definitely make me try this build and ask questions =) Thanks!

Havoc209 07-03-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cool Gamer Mike (Hozzászólás 10847450)
in light of the recent nerf to Philo stone. Do you still think it is viable? I mean it seems like a waist of money to me. Why not just save regen pendant for warmongs skipping philo all together? When I play jarv I get at least decent farming, e-q auto auto auto. Fairly easy minion combo making 2 gold per 5 unnecessary. Also, I assume you only go FoN when there are 2 damaging casters on the enemy team, if not, do you still get it for the regen and move or would you go thornmail if they have dps? Another question, have you tested 3 hp quints instead of armor pen? That is what I usually use. But, I can see where getting the pen keeps you from having to get lw or something like that. Another thing, why run mr per level runes when your getting merc, and FoN and possible banshees? Wouldn't it be better to go cdr, mana regen, or even flat mr for early game. These would provide obviouslly faster combos/ the mana regen you get from philo making it, once again unnecessary/ help out with the early game casters and let you items cover late game casters. Your thoughts and answers will be greatly appreciated. Good job on the guide, Short but with enough info to definitely make me try this build and ask questions =) Thanks!

Yes Philosopher stone is still very viable, the mana regen and health regen is very noticable in-lane. You don't notice the gold per 5 too much, but it helps a lot. You will get roughly 5/10s. That's about 30 gold a minute, 300 gold per 10 minutes, it adds up, sometimes when I'm fighting, I survive with barely 50 life, and when I was fighting, my Philosopher stone kicked in, and it gave me some nice regen, so thanks to my philo stone, i was able to live. If you are getting owned by lets say.. ashe, or gangplank, you would technically want a thornmail, my build that I said to go is just to go very tanky, as you would want to do on any char, to change a build if you're getting owned, you can get different items, they're just my preference.
I have not tested 3 hp quints instead of armor pen, I used to run HP quints on diff. characters, but I find they're just noticeably early game, I prefer armor pen because it helps with all of your moves except your shield.
MR is harder to get than armor because armor items, you really want to get them all because they're all so good. I run MR/Level because it's kind of preference based, you can run flat MR, and it'd still be good. I guess my preference is because I'm really passive early game, and when it starts to become mid game I get really agressive.
Thanks for your thoughts on my guide:) Please, ask anymore questions if you need too. Have a good day.

Dogblaze 07-03-2011 04:27 PM

Nice guide, just a question, why do you take Exhaust instead of Ignite?

Tup4c 07-03-2011 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogblaze (Hozzászólás 10849248)

Good question.

Havoc209 07-03-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogblaze (Hozzászólás 10849248)

I like Exhaust far more than Ignite, it's really personal preference though. I like to shut-down carries in teamfights and it's interesting to 1v1 people who do no damage to you, while you own them hahaha.

Havoc209 07-06-2011 09:23 PM

Bump Back to the top!

Aregionius 07-11-2011 06:45 AM

Nice guide!

I'd like to see a little more work on the formatting to make it easier to read (spacing, more selective underlining) and a little more in depth explanations and early/mid/late sections.