League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Janna, The Wind Warrior (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=8969)

Vangu 09-03-2009 10:03 PM

[Guide] Janna, The Wind Warrior

Masteries
Sorcery - 3% cooldown reduction 3/3
Archaic Knowledge - penetrates 15% of the targets magic resistance.
Intelligence - 6% cooldown reduction 3/3
Perseverence - 4% total health and mana regeneration 3/3
Expanded Mind - Increases mana by 5% of your maximum mana 4/4
Meditation - Increases mana regeneration by 1 per second. 3/3
Haste - 1/1
Blink of an eye - 1/1
Presence of the master - 1/1

Skills to increase when you can
Zephyr
Howling Gale
Eye of the storm
Monsoon

They are in order of what you should increase when it is possible. This is the order I go in but if you feel you need the shield more do that instead. I use howling gale to stop people when I gank them and the more the damage on it the better..even though it is not needed.

Items
Chalice of harmony
Frozen Heart
Boots of Speed
Zhonya's Ring
----------------
My games have ended there every time

Runes
6% cooldown reduction
Mana per level runes

What I do
I get most of my kills/assists when I partner with someone else who has a stun. Works best with Blintzcrank though....

Other then that you need to remember you are best a support class not a nuker...the game may say you are one but you are not...

You can however have great fun toying when melee champions. I have soloed Malphite by slowing him with zephyr then putting him in the air with howling gale. This works with any melee but most (if they are smart) will either run away or have a way to stop this combo. Granted if they do try to run away they wont get far without some help.

You can also use Monsoon (ult) to get some easy champion kills. Pushing someone into or past your turret then slowing them almost always gives you a kill or two. Also remember Monsoon heals as well as pushes anyone around you a decent distance. So if you don't need to heal use it to cause chaos on the enemy team. If they are doing a five man push find a way to get in the middle of them and spread them apart. This has caused my team to win those fights even if we would have normally lost.

*List of all my guides http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=18804

Disclaimer
This is not the only viable way to play Janna and is only how I do it and I am not forcing others to play this way. If you do not agree with a certain part of my guide/playstyle please post it in a mature manner and write exactly what you dislike. Also I am not looking for others to post their playstyle/guide in my guide if you wish to do so please make your own thread.

Firefly 09-03-2009 10:53 PM

Good guide Vangu
Maybe be a bit more in depth about how you play the game might help some players :D
-Firefly

Vangu 09-04-2009 12:18 AM

I never really go that in-depth in my guides. I honestly think if you go that far the term guide no longer fits...but thats just me. I actually added the "what I do" part to try and explain more on how I play her. Honestly if you play this game and are decent at it you don't need more then a little push on what is a good way to take a certain character...well that may not be true because I can follow word for word on a guide to play a tank (any tank) and I still seem to die like I am made of paper. Anyways I can try to explain a little more on how I play.

I play her as a support class and this means I do not go running into battle or try to pretend I am a nuke. As Janna you normally wont get the last hits on champions unless you are specifally going for that and if you are then you do not seem to understand what a support class is. You are there to make others have an easy life and survive a little longer. Assists are just as important as actual kills and do not think otherwise. If I see someone have 30/0/0 that is great for them but if I see someone have 1/0/30 I have more respect for them personally. While it is true both helped the cause of winning the game it really comes down to the person with no assists was the one ganking solo and not helping the team push..the thing that could have caused the game to end about twenty minutes ago. Not many champions should have that many more kills then assists...imho.

Okay I seemed to have went off on me explaining on how I play her but I still think it applies so I will leave it. You are a support class over everything else as long as you don't kid yourself into thinking you are a nuke and you lane/group with someone (I prefer melee) that has a slow or stun the odds are you will be doing well. All this applies if you follow my guide. I personally have not went pure AP with Janna as it seems her spells don't have the best AP scaling so I think the Nuke part of her class is a joke. I also don't mind not doing great damage as I think if she did anymore pepople would complain that she has a stun and nuke all in one spell..and that is a little strong imo..and one that hits tons of people at that.

Umm if that is not what you meant just ask a question and I will answer :D

Edit; I just read another guide and noticed that people seem to like the 1-3 what to do things...okay. I will give it a shot

1-2
Me and Blitzcrank kill a champion or two in our lane.

we kill them again if they fall for the ol' in the bushes slow, power fist, grab trick
(Janna) (BC) (BC)...skill use in order.
We kill them yet again for falling for the trick

4-5
I move to another lane because no one is defending the bottom anymore
they usually move to the middle

BC and I come around the north side of the water and he grabs them, I slow, we hit, if they get away any or if I think they can get away I use my ult to push them back and they die from more pain.

7+
repeat 2-6

That may sound like a sarcastic way and I did kind of make it like that but in all honesty that is how a game normally goes for me when I bring my brother along (the guy that plays BC)

That little level thing above may sort of be rushed because really I am still in the bottom lane by level 6 and that is when they give up on the lane or try to bring more people to the lane to stop us from killing them. But this fails on them for two reasons...one being they just left a lane alone and this gets pushed by my team. And two all this gets them is a push to our bottom tower and this by itself get us about two more kills. They push to tower ol' BC grabs them in I slow then ult...they get pushed behind tower and try to run out...I stop them with howling gale and slow them down if I can again..and they die.

Foreshadowed 09-04-2009 12:39 AM

Lol....zonya's ring?.....

You should consider fixing the guide or taking it down.

Vangu 09-04-2009 12:44 AM

Yes Zhonya's Ring if you play her as support as she is meant to you have no reason to die. Also the mana you gain helps over the long battles you can stay in with her. While you generally wont run out of mana at level 18 and with the extra mana from the ring the only time you should be going back is to the shop.

And this is a guide on how I play not how she must be played. If you don't have any real comment about the guide that is helpful don't post at all.

Edit: You are however allowed to post what item you would get instead of the ring. But then I will disregard and call it a bad idea and that you should delete your account for suggesting it.

Dementum 09-04-2009 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vangu (Hozzászólás 92538)
Yes Zhonya's Ring if you play her as support as she is meant to you have no reason to die. Also the mana you gain helps over the long battles you can stay in with her. While you generally wont run out of mana at level 18 and with the extra mana from the ring the only time you should be going back is to the shop.

And this is a guide on how I play not how she must be played. If you don't have any real comment about the guide that is helpful don't post at all.

Edit: You are however allowed to post what item you would get instead of the ring. But then I will disregard and call it a bad idea and that you should delete your account for suggesting it.

I don't understand what Zhonya's ring has to to anything with her beeing a support char. I normally stack all the - cooldown items to harass as much as possible with Zephyr and slow.

Merovinge 09-04-2009 09:05 AM

Zhonya's Ring with basically no other AP is almost always a bad deal, as you are really paying for the +%25 passive on the item, which is what foreshadowed is pointing out.

Anansi 09-04-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Merovinge (Hozzászólás 93347)
Zhonya's Ring with basically no other AP is almost always a bad deal.

This.

I use a very different build, but I don't think it deserves a guide since I doubt her E spell will scale that well for long. At the moment it is 1:1, which becomes really strong with a full "Force" rune page (78AP atm).

I max E first to harass. Q when possible, with 1 point in W for the bumping tornado of doom. Here is my item build:
- AP book. It's like she never has mana problems if you stay in lane for the duration of a TP cd.
- Into Sheen.

Get some kills. You should be able to because she is just THAT good. :)

- Catalyst the protector
- Into... depending on nuker or full support role... Rod of Ages or Banshee's Veil.
- AP boots (although I've been tempted by boots 4/2, but diminishing returns probably kick in)
- Lich bane.
- Zhonya's if you go down the caster route and the game is long enough.

09-04-2009 05:32 PM

Just posted this on one of the champion feedback thread and I think some people will also find it useful-

"Been playing her a lot , got to say shes probably my new favorite champion , hard to find more versatile champ.

Riot did an amazing job creating a champ with set of abilities that every single one of them can be used both offensively and defensively in countless different situations.

IMO Eye of the storm with low cost,great scaling and the +dmg is one of the most overlooked yet one of the most powerful powers in the game , amazing early/mid game for some easy turret diving kills just lane with a good physical dmg champ and you'll see why ;-).

Not the mention that along with zephyr your a great solo laner, cast EotS on yourself ->land a hit or two->zephyr at this point you'll probably get hit with the enemy champ nuke (exactly what you want to happen, EotS will absorb all the damage) so not only you took a nice chunk of his HP you also made him waste his mana!

If you happen to lane alongside Alistar , his +% damage to turrets + EotS damage bonus and absorption leads to some extremely fast turret kills.

Thats just a few examples to show just how diverse and powerful she is when you play smart, I can really see her in a lot of high level games."

Foreshadowed 09-04-2009 05:36 PM

Building Jana for anything other then Support is ineffective...