League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Dante, The Witch Hunter (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=889701)

Extra Joker 06-24-2011 04:16 AM

Dante, The Witch Hunter

3 Attachment(s)
Lore
Being an orphan on the streets of Noxus was a constant struggle. Dante would steal and fight just to survive and probably would've died at a young age if not for a mistake that changed his life. Thinking it an easy task Dante tried to mug a priest for his collections box...

When he regained consciousness he was in a monastery. Running down the corridor looking for escape he spotted the priest practicing the sword in a courtyard full of men training with all manner of weapons and firearms. Seeing the boy the priest stopped and began talking with him "This monastery is a training ground for the White Flame, a society of priest, warriors and hunters made to seek and destroy corruption all around Runeterra." Since that day Dante trained and became one of the White Flame's most skilled hunters earning him the right to carry Spell Slayer, a mystical blade that not only protects one from harmful magic but can also stop one from using magic.

Now with all conflicts being settle on the field of justice the society sees the League as an opportunity to gain insight on new magic and ways too defeat the dangers even the Institute of war doesn't know of. The Witch Hunter was chosen to infiltrate the institute and observe the summoners' matches and study the magic users of the league. However after only a few months Dante, in a drunken rage, accidentally set fire to a tavern with fire magic awakened in him from his exposure to the fields of justice. At first compromising his cover and revealing their existence angered the society but when the Institute of War expressed their interest in Dante's skills the White Flame leaped at the invitation.

In his initial testing there were difficulties, Dante was unable to recreate what he did at the tavern despite fire magic being clearly present in him, this was ratified by Heimerdinger. The inventor took Dante's sword and revolvers and modified them so now Dante can channel his fire magic into them.

"Through blade and shot I will burn evil from this world"- Dante

Appearance: Dante is a middle aged, medium build man with a five o'clock shadow, Brown hair grey at the temples, a scar slanted down his right cheek and grey eyes, wares a brown wide brimmed hat, duster, linen pants, a dull chest plate, gauntlets and shin guards over his boots, wields a straight saber with decorative hand cage and carries a 19th century revolver in his belt holster.

Stats
Damage 50(+3.7)
Health 490(+90)
Mana 250(+40)
Move Speed 315
Armor 14.5(+3.5)
Magic Resistance 30
Health Regen 4.5(+.75)
Mana Regen 6.5(+.7)
Range: 110
Attack Speed: 0.685

Type:Melee, Support, Fighter

Skills

Passive: Spell Slayer- Dante gains 3.5 MR per 10 AD, Dante's physical attacks silence enemy champions for 1.5 seconds, (can't proc on same target for 6 sec)

Q: Revolver- Dante shoots in a straight line dealing 30/60/90/120/150(+0.5 AD) physical damage to enemy units(reduced by 5% each unit it passes down to 50%), procs on hit effects including Zealot's Flame, Dante loads a shot in the cylinder once every 10 seconds and can have up to 2/3/4/5/6 shots loaded at a time.
Range:650 Cool down:1 sec Mana cost:25/30/35/40/45
note: targeting- due to the fast pace in combat when activated the bullet will automatically be shot in the direction of the player's mouse to simulate shooting on the draw

W: Judgement- Dante throws a shrapnel bomb containing the same enchantment as his sword silencing all enemies in the blast for 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 sec. and inflicting 60/100/140/180/220+(50% of his MR) magic damage
Range:550 Cool down:10 sec Mana cost:60/65/70/75/80

E: Zealot's Flame- Passive: Dante's physical attacks inflicts 6/12/18/24/30(+0.05 bonus AD) magic damage per second for 3 sec, continuous attacks restart the burn timer.
Active: Dante surrounds target ally champion with holy fire protecting them from x% of spell damage and returning it to caster for y sec. (like a thornmail for abilities)
Passive lost during cool down
Range:550 Cool down:20 sec Mana cost:40/45/50/55/60

R:Sanctuary- Dante blesses an area for 5 seconds shielding the area from outside attack for up to 500/700/900(+.50 Dante's MR) damage (ranged abilities and attacks) and enemies in area do x/x/x% less damage
Area reach: 750 Cooldown: 120/100/80sec Mana cost:100/150/200

Dialogue (Dante's voice is old and gruff like a veteran soldier)
Upon Selection:
Shouting "Light the torches and bare your steel, enemies approach."
Attacking:
"Taste my steel"
"Silence fiend"
"I'll hunt you down"
Attacking with Zealot's Flames' Passive:
"Need a light?"
"Burn fiend"
Using Revolver:
"Dodge this"
"Open fire"
Moving:
"Moving"
"Forward men"
"To the front line summoner"
"I smell foul magic"
While below 20% health:
"I'm wounded"
short of breath "I require...aid"
Taunt:
Grimly "The world may end, but you won't live to see it."
While sharpening his blade "With this sword your spells are but hollow words"
Joke:
"Which kind of witch are you? HAHA hehe...(annoyed) well I found it funny"
Upon death:
"This isn't over"
"My mission's not complete"
Upon killing LeBlanc:
"Pay for your crimes witch"
Relations
Witch Hunter for The White Flame

Heimerdinger, the Revered Inventor supplied Dante the techmaturgal modifications for his weapons

Believes that Nocturne and the entity named "Brand" are close descendants of the beings let loose by the first rune war and has asked the summoners permission to examine and question them several times, each time he has been denied.

Invited Roland the Spell Knight into the White Flame after discovering his talents

Sketch by Lordkyleshores
Attachment 886399

Darkrapeage 06-24-2011 04:35 PM

You might wanna change the entire lore the first part was awkward in itself and he sounds alot like vayne unfortunately so lower chance of it being an actual champ

Extra Joker 06-24-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkrapeage (Hozzászólás 10477406)
You might wanna change the entire lore the first part was awkward in itself and he sounds alot like vayne unfortunately so lower chance of it being an actual champ

Noted but what about his abilities, are they original enough so people won't think he's a copy of other champs?

Naitavi 06-24-2011 06:42 PM

I can't decide whether his innate passive is op or up...

It's too op for casters who need to spam (cassiopeia, leblanc, akali...) but too unreliable and be of real help in teamfights.
Silence, in my opinion, should be removed so that he has only the damage reduction but have a lower spell count (7/6/5 to 6/5/4) or make a different mechanic (time limit on his spell shield maybe?) so that Dante must have skill to silence those burst mages and make their lives living hell.

His W doesn't seem to need a coodown for each target, the damage is quite low and comparing it to the other champion's dot, it's rather UP.

I don't really like his ultimate. It's cool and flashy, but doesnt' really fit with his other abilities, his role, and would much rather fit a dps champ than a tanky MR based champ... but that's just me :/

Nice work btw, keep it up!

camoasa 09-03-2011 01:34 AM

I like this guy. instead of doing AP AD and MR make is AD AND MR alone because it would be really hard to build him.( the complete opposite of Rammas)

wtf574 09-03-2011 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camoasa (Hozzászólás 13887990)
I like this guy. instead of doing AP AD and MR make is AD AND MR alone because it would be really hard to build him.( the complete opposite of Rammas)

That would be Galio but anyways, I like the concept seems fun

Krainz 02-04-2012 12:23 AM

Must be in the league. That smartcast shot looks to be overwhelmingly fun.

Thlander 02-23-2012 05:23 AM

Seems extremely op to me.. but all of riots new champs are.. good idea overall though

yajeed 03-15-2012 05:11 PM

great idea i would buy him when i could he would be a good champ to play.

3pitaph 03-15-2012 05:42 PM

only a couple notes i can think of. this is a well structured champion that is true the core character.
1 proofread. a few passages made me doubletake.
2 if this were to be made a champion i have a feeling that Q would be E, E would be W and W would be Q. reasoning: E is the best place for clutch skills as that is our strongest finger (besides R) and W is the best place for more passive skills because that is our least articulate finger.
other than all that it's really a numbers game and yours seem solid. (riot messes with them every patch anyway)
thumbs up