League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Yorick, complete garbage. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=880490)

ItsOnlyTheSmell 06-22-2011 11:04 AM

Yorick, complete garbage.

So here's my thoughts on Yorick. I purchased his bundle today and i thought he was going to be really good at trinity tanking. Unfortunately, it turns out that he is far less powerful than i expected. To start, his passive does nothing for his minions, because they are so fragile and only server the purpose of giving gold to the other team. Also, the 5% dmg buff per minion does not help because they are always dead.

His Q is alright in terms of the additional dmg for next hit that it gives, but the minion, like the others, dies so fast, you cant take advantage of its buff.

His W is bad after the inital slow. I find that the minion is slow to react to chase enemies and slow them down. It stands around for a couple seconds, and then dies before it can even try to harass/slow down your enemies.

His E is pretty good besides the fact that the minions are fragile. It can heal you pretty well, but it cant last long enough to actually protect you from harass, while harassing at the same time, which is what i think the spell should be for.

His ultimate is great, besides the fact that when the champion comes back, they die instantly thanks to focus fire, not to mention, they're already in the middle of the enemy team. Kinda works like a guardian angel but you die after 10 seconds. Get corpse camped.

I think his spell damage overall is ok, considering he's supposed to be a tanky dps, not a caster. He's pretty tanky, and can dish out some good damage late game, but it takes a while for him to take off.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts on Yorick, all feedback is appreciated, and don't feed the trolls.

Pandabomber 06-22-2011 11:12 AM

General consensus that I've seen says that he's okay, but just okay; well-rounded, not excelling in any particular role. I only played in one game with someone on my team using him, but it didn't look like he was doing anything fantastic, seemed average at best.

He reminds me a bit of Morde, just without a shield and sacrificing raw damage for some utility.

ChrIsAStud 06-22-2011 11:25 AM

well at first his minions couldnt survive **** but i when i was lvl 7 or 8 i was chasing cait (who had around half health) and udyr came out of the bushes and started attacking. I used all my abilities including my ult and got a double kill but then died cause ur ult wont save u permanently. SO i decided that its better to use your abilities after initiating so that the team is already focused on you and your ghouls can do their thing. Instead of using them to absorb dmg to keep yourself alive i used myself to keep them alive and it seemed to drastically increase my dmg output

xSaintx 06-22-2011 11:27 AM

I'd say give it more games to really see how he can do. I see champs get scrutinized long before people really have become proficient with the champ and the items they can build. With that said, Riot will probably alter him a bit if people agree on the slow starts.

Hawk 06-22-2011 11:28 AM

this poll is very unreliable if u have anyone voting overpowered or balanced. Thats a joke. Anyone who actually plays yorwick will know he lacks in alot of things

Kashaku 06-22-2011 11:35 AM

As I said in another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kashaku (Hozzászólás 10355503)
His ghouls are a joke. If your target runs, then your ghoul hits him at most 1 time, which is like 30~40 damage. Most annoying is that after your Q Ghoul has been summoned, he first stands still for a second, then it realizes that it has to move, and before he reaches your target he has 1~2 seconds of life left.

The only way his ghouls can do some damage is if your target doesn't move.

I think solo lane is the only lane he can do decent in. But even then, there are way better picks. The only reason why I would choose him, is to have the free Morde ult for a few seconds on your ranged carry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kashaku (Hozzászólás 10356476)
My overall experience about him:

Ghouls are incredibly weak and their lifetime is way too short. Even, if it was possible, 6 Ghouls couldn't outdamage Malzahar's voidling. And they hit your opponent at most 1 time, which is like 20~40 damage at the cost of 40 ~ 80 mana each time.

The range of his W is too short. You cannot slow your opponent without practically hugging him.

The movement speed buff on his Q is NOT a gap closer. You need to hit something first before the movement buff applies.

So, the only reason why I would suggest you to play him, is if like to have 2 ranged carries for 5~10 seconds. And if you like Yorick's playstyle, go Trundle. His kit is way better and he can actually jungle and gank like a boss.

ItsOnlyTheSmell 06-22-2011 11:36 AM

I agree with taking time to learn to use him, but he starts off way too slow, and with this gp5 nerf, i cant even get heart of gold to help his farm

pavante 06-22-2011 11:42 AM

I would say boost the ad ratio for his ghouls from .3 to like .5 or something. Then reduce the loss of hp over time for the ghouls by half. Then have his E steal health according to yorick's max health, giving him some more health scaling and encouraging some tanky builds. Thats about it.

ikillutwice 06-22-2011 11:53 AM

his minions giving gold is unfair to him

Generous Lover 06-22-2011 12:05 PM

scaling entirely off AD and HP leaves little in the way of itemization choices.