League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Area 51: Do you believe? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=84222)

Gopher 03-31-2010 01:32 PM

Area 51: Do you believe?
 
I was using stumbleupon today and came across this really cool story. http://www.thestar.com/news/world/ar...-alien-silence

Do you believe this is true? What conspiracies do you believe?



Personally I believe the article. Bigfoot is ballocks.

Sedon 03-31-2010 01:35 PM

Nah, best put together consipracy ever is 9/11. I still don't know what to believe. I've seen, heard, and read both sides, yet I can't make up my mind. I will say that both sides have done very well at defending their argument.

WhitemageofDOOM 03-31-2010 08:40 PM

The nearest star to earth is about 3 light years away.

The fastest you could realistically expect to get is about half the speed of light.

So a six year journey to get to our nearest neighbor, which has no life bearing planets.

Who the **** would be dumb enough to do that? Where do you get the BUDGET for this ****? And once you got there why just piss around instead of doing something?

Geekweezul 04-01-2010 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedon (Hozzászólás 933479)
Nah, best put together consipracy ever is 9/11. I still don't know what to believe. I've seen, heard, and read both sides, yet I can't make up my mind. I will say that both sides have done very well at defending their argument.

If you're talking about Loose Change then there's nothing to believe there. They base everything they say on movie physics basically. They have no idea what they're talking about.

Quae 04-01-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sedon (Hozzászólás 933479)
Nah, best put together consipracy ever is 9/11. I still don't know what to believe. I've seen, heard, and read both sides, yet I can't make up my mind. I will say that both sides have done very well at defending their argument.

My personal belief is thus:

If 9/11 was a hoax, it would have taken way more people to implement than if it was actually a terrorist attack. More people means an increased chance of someone blabbing. After this long, do you really think someone with that big of a secret could keep quiet? It would have gotten out somehow, and not just with circumstantial evidence.

Furthermore, if it was a hoax, people would be working harder at keeping the conspiracy theorists quiet about it being a hoax.

Human nature. Love and hate it.

Sedon 04-02-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quae (Hozzászólás 940569)
My personal belief is thus:

If 9/11 was a hoax, it would have taken way more people to implement than if it was actually a terrorist attack. More people means an increased chance of someone blabbing. After this long, do you really think someone with that big of a secret could keep quiet? It would have gotten out somehow, and not just with circumstantial evidence.

Furthermore, if it was a hoax, people would be working harder at keeping the conspiracy theorists quiet about it being a hoax.

Human nature. Love and hate it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geekweezul (Hozzászólás 938476)
If you're talking about Loose Change then there's nothing to believe there. They base everything they say on movie physics basically. They have no idea what they're talking about.


Good to hear. (yes I'm talking about Loose Change) I hate the idea of them being behind it, so I really hope you guys are right.

AmyOverlord 04-02-2010 12:37 PM

I believe in Area 51, Bigfoot, and 9/11.

>.>

Kodoku 04-02-2010 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhitemageofDOOM (Hozzászólás 936310)
The nearest star to earth is about 3 light years away.

The fastest you could realistically expect to get is about half the speed of light.

So a six year journey to get to our nearest neighbor, which has no life bearing planets.

Who the **** would be dumb enough to do that? Where do you get the BUDGET for this ****? And once you got there why just piss around instead of doing something?

The current record for spacecraft speed is 0.000234 times the speed of light, and that's with a massive gravitational boost (the fastest speed without such a boost is about 1/5th of that). There is promising research into a very novel propulsion mechanism which could attain speeds of 0.00028 times the speed of light.

Case in point, even if we had this theoretical technology now, it would take at least 10000 years to reach the nearest star.

juhnk 04-02-2010 05:34 PM

We'll just have to travel faster than light--some phenomena already do (i.e. Entanglement--check it out). The time space fabric will be folded like a napkin by the time we're done with it.

WhitemageofDOOM 04-02-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juhnk (Hozzászólás 951394)
We'll just have to travel faster than light--some phenomena already do (i.e. Entanglement--check it out). The time space fabric will be folded like a napkin by the time we're done with it.

Entanglement doesn't allow information to travel FTL, if it did the next generation of cellphones would be able to call people in the past.

FTL isn't bending the laws of physics, it's breaking them. And seeing as how humanity are physical phenomena.......

And even if you could break the laws of physics like that, where do you get the budget for it, and why the **** would you want to?


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:05 PM.


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc