League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Baron at 15min in. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=8394)

Golly 09-02-2009 07:50 AM

Baron at 15min in.

This thread is to discuss the strategy of killing Baron as fast as possible in order to end the game in under 20 minutes.

So far this is my team's record. I know other people out there have at least thought of it.

The general thought behind this strategy is regardless of slight differences in skill, a team slightly underskilled or with a typically sub-par team setup can still dominate the game fairly early.

Our setup:

Siver (me)
Taric (jpg420)
Kayle (Sajuuk)
Ashe/Trist (Twisted)
Scion (Steally)

Our thought was stacking as much team-based auras/abilities as possible. As Siver, I will typically solo a lane until level 12 (at least I used to) until I have farmed enough for a starks.

edit: My item build is: Chalice, dodge boots, Starks, phage. (I don't generally have time to finish phage.)

Until recently, we thought we had to have a starks in order to go into Baron at lvl 10. But this doesn't really seem to be the case. With my ult, taric's ult, rally and Scions ult, we generally don't need it. So potentially youcould be going into Baron at 12 minutes or less.

The game up until then generally consists as a normal game does with the exception of ganks. If a lane we are vs'ing likes to tower dive we will generally adjust our lane assignments to be able to continually get xp and gold. This is the primary focus and not killing enemy heroes. We sometimes still do, but only if people do something stupid.

Even if one of us dies to a gank early game or a mistake, as soon as everyone is around level 10, we can Baron. (Siver will be around level 12 and either have or is very close to a starks)

After baron, it really doesn't matter what happens... Even if opposing team is pushing a lane. We all blue-pill... buy up, and pick a lane to push. With the team aura/ult synergies/Baron buff we can kill outer-lane turret, inner-lane turret, outer-base turret, inhib, both inner -base turrets, and base in under 2 minutes.

Even if people blue pill or try to stop us... with the synergies we run them over. If they all know what is happening and blue pill immediatley they can ssometimes stop the base-kill, but not before we destroy most of everything... we will always at least get an inhib.

At that point we just wait for res, then port into that lane again and end it.

We generally laugh after the game and wonder if the other team is saying "wtf", but I can deffinitely see a problem with the Baron buff in general. As it stands now, it seems so powerful and is begging to be exploited.

Anywho... Thought I'd throw this out. Get some discussion going on the Baron buff or even creep buffs in general..

But as a strategy, we've found it is the most effective.

HowlingKommando 09-02-2009 07:54 AM

That sounds awesome. I don't think it's imba either. If the opposing team is careful, they should spot that you're all MIA as you go for Baron and they gank you there.

Golly 09-02-2009 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HowlingKommando (Hozzászólás 87008)
That sounds awesome. I don't think it's imba either. If the opposing team is careful, they should spot that you're all MIA as you go for Baron and they gank you there.

We had a couple repeat teams who were onto our strat, but instead of baron'ing we just set up a gank for them. It's not our team's strong suite for big team/team confrontations, but we can time our ults to set up a gank like that, even against a really organized team.

And, typically if a team see's we are all mia they assume we are either setting up a gank or at dragon. Very rarely does the other team assume we are on Baron if they've never played us.

To be fair, we had some disasterous attempts early in our strat-building. But after we got it down, it became fairly routine. It's funny, around the 10-12 minute mark, all you hear over vent is "Baron soon, no one die, let them take your tower if you have to."

Jpeg 09-02-2009 08:42 AM

the screen shot i have has most of us at level 8-9 whilst sivir is 11-12. cna't remember now. i'll post it when i get home.

and @ howlingkommando, i'd wait to be on the receiving end of this before i made that kinda decision about imba :D.

we seriously pushed from outside tower to nexus in under 2 min. the other team started out trying to out push us in the opposite lane (we where top, they where bot). we got to their base whist they only got 1 tower. by they time they blue pilled we where on the inhib.

this is just one example we have been working on this the last few nights and it's pretty seriously out of control.

Playing taric i can say without a doubt that his ulti needs nerfing. i found the best way to pull this off is to get the golem buff before you baron. so you can have your ulti up for the whole fight. with your damage output when combined with sivir's ulti, you don't loose much mana at all. when the fight is over you and your allies will need to go refill/buy. everyone teleport to a lane and push. I am able to turn on the ulti at the first tower and never turn it off again i just have to keep attacking.

If anyone come to try to stop you, taric and sion each have 2+ second stuns which is enough time to focus 1 person without any resistance. we made the mistake the first few times of as soon as we got the baron buff we ran in suicidial like so be patient and work as a team. vent is your friend!

Once sivir gets the starks i'ts GG.

Evilpigeon 09-02-2009 09:59 AM

You been ganked properly yet trying this tactic? Just wonderin (I'm gonna be claivoyancing Baron from now on:P)

Twisted 09-02-2009 10:01 AM

You ass hat!!! we were keeping this a secret!

Jpeg 09-02-2009 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilpigeon (Hozzászólás 87313)
You been ganked properly yet trying this tactic? Just wonderin (I'm gonna be claivoyancing Baron from now on:P)

not properly, they have ran on one at a time ninja movie style.

however it really doesn't take that long to take baron maybe 20 seconds.

Nyoko 09-02-2009 10:11 AM

1 cv > your strategy

Evilpigeon 09-02-2009 10:15 AM

Well god forbid I get on the opposing team then O.o
If this works as well as you say though it'll get nerfed soon.

Twisted 09-02-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilpigeon (Hozzászólás 87374)
Well god forbid I get on the opposing team then O.o
If this works as well as you say though it'll get nerfed soon.

It may be I will be interested to see how, acutaly came up with an improved strat today and cant wait to try it out tonight.