League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Tribunal: Reward all its own (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=838443)

Roxabellum 06-14-2011 12:38 AM

Tribunal: Reward all its own

I've been reading some of the threads, and listening to some of the players concerned about the IP they are receiving to doing the Tribunal.

How in the heck can you complain?

You've been asking for a better community. Guess what guys...YOU ARE THE COMMUNITY. Riot has pretty much allowed you input and giving some power back in their players and YOU'RE complaining about the IP you get for it? I would do it without the freaking IP just because it gives me an opportunity to help clean up OUR community, because in the end its really us that profit by this creation. Don't forget that. This is for us. How many other game companies can you say have given their players that type of power/input?

While the process and or results is slow, and you don't see the immediate results of this new implementation think about how its going to work in the long run. Eventually players are going to be weeded through for their offenses. EVENTUALLY everyone is going to learn that it is actually working. Come on be realistic, its going to take a few months for this thing to really get rolling and for it to become a noticeably effective tool.

Have faith Summoners ;)

Good things come to those who wait.

EatCrayons 06-14-2011 12:42 AM

TLDR: Crowd sourcing isn't always quick but has potential for great benefits. Also, take your IP as a bonus and not as an incentive.

Jeff
@EatGamer
eatgamer.com

Haljegh 06-14-2011 12:56 AM

I actually pardoned 4 players today. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELOVED TRIBUNAL!?!?!?!

mad schnitzel 06-14-2011 12:59 AM

How many other game companies can you say have given their players that type of power?

i dont like this sentence...
they get the community to do THEIR job ... wow how nice this company is

and which power? its just an illusion.. the illusion that he will be PUNISHED cuz i press this button...
for real there is a riot-worker who'll decide if he will be punished and how
its about feeling satisfied by pressing the punished button

its for us? yes maybe. we should do it even for no ip at all? yes maybe.
will it be done for 5 ip per case? no. never ever. all of the people i know stopped doing smth @tribunal after they saw the rewards. thats reality.
this thing wont succeed this way.

Tamat 06-14-2011 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haljegh (Hozzászólás 9914808)
I actually pardoned 4 players today. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY BELOVED TRIBUNAL!?!?!?!

That's going to be more common over time as the worst offenders are eliminated from the system. I can't wait to see the changes that will occur over the next couple of months. :)

fuzzysquirrel 06-14-2011 02:03 AM

I totally agree, we wont know if something is working until we give it time to grow. I think its a great thing, and I feel like the games I have played have less and less trolls by the day. Riots community spanks the pants off of any other gaming community I have played in, so summoners less qq more pew pew!

Siduakal 06-14-2011 02:13 AM

I'm just waiting for when I have to judge a guy who is reported for 'being mean and zoning me out of xp'.

But seriously, the Tribunal is great.. people cried for it for months, now that it's here you're crying that we have it? I don't get this community at times.

Mr Scorpio 06-14-2011 04:22 AM

Quote:

How in the heck can you complain?
I think the main complaint about Tribunal is that it's actually "work" to go through 10 cases a day [thoroughly] for peanut pay-wages. Should it be our responsibility to clean up the streets? Frankly I just want to play the game without people clowning around and ruining my personal time. Now I have to deal with these people both in-and-out of game.

10 ip per case correctly assessed should be the compensation. That's 100 ip per day, which seems reasonable.

Also, the more cases Riot allows to be evaluated per day, the more likely you get people shaving corners and simply waiting for the minute timer to click Punish. If people are taking cases seriously and spend a few minutes evaluating most of the games, there could be a serious amount of time invested in this system. Eventually people will be OK rushing through cases because no one wants to sit here for an hour+ reviewing the same types of cases over and over.

Birdmus 06-14-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Scorpio (Hozzászólás 9917456)
Should it be our responsibility to clean up the streets?

No... It is not a responsibility. It is an offer to make the world a better place.

You can volunteer your time to improve your surroundings and be compensated for it.

You make it sound like you have to do 10 cases before you log in everyday.

zubey 06-14-2011 05:53 AM

+1 OP. Agree completely. But I still appreciate the IP. :)