League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 21

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My Ranked Solo Queue Saga (I need help) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=822004)

Myslead 06-08-2011 02:06 AM

A Series of Unfortunate Events (My Ranked Solo Queue Saga)

I need help.
I used to have a pretty even sheet (+3 or something) in term of victories and losses in solo queue and I decided on Monday that I would actually go on a marathon and try to raise it.

I have been failing miserably since Monday and I keep playing in hope that I can turn it around, but I am now -14 games and my ELO is barely 1000. I am in no way saying that I belong in the +2000, but I am defintiely not a low tier player. I presume that I should be residing somewhere the 1500-1600. At least, I'd be satisfied there. I mean, I'm doing good in 5v5, but in solo queue it's been hell.

So I need help, tips, advices on how to get out of this hole. I mean, there's either a guy going 0-15 at the 20m mark, someone who never played Garen and decides to play him in Ranked and then don't even know how to use his ult properly, or just someone leaving. How did you get out of ELO hell ? I just don't understand why people subject themselves to other players when they don't even want to at least take it a little bit seriously.

I will also be posting games replays and summaries to gather infos.

Edit : I got a stream going up

Channel : http://www.own3d.tv/myslead

edit#2 : I rarely have it up; my fps in game gets cut in half while I stream :(

have fun !

Reality9 06-08-2011 02:15 AM

I try to get my team into a Ventrilo, so we can communicate better.
Just play whatever role you're good at, and hope for the best. That's pretty much anyone can say.

paShadoWn 06-08-2011 02:33 AM

My friend, Elo's an amazing (i do not have even a scant full image of how it works) that puts everyone... somewhere.

The Newton's Laws of Motion

I. Every object in a state of uniform motion tends to remain in that state of motion unless an external force is applied to it.

III. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

If you require clarification on these fundamental truths, after you think yourself, post question here; most likely i would be around still.

Oh, and how about to get out of this hole: quit playing LoL. It, i presume, should work "just fine".
Besides, an ultimate hint is in name of game itself, LoL.

Myslead 06-08-2011 02:48 AM

Game #1 (Akali / Defeat / now -15)
http://i.imgur.com/EzuHl.jpg

Xin and Vlad could not hold top lane vs Malphite and Nocturne... which snowballed everything into a defeat.

oh and call me crazy, but I am way too stubborn to just pack and leave. I know what I am capable of and 1000 elo just isn't cutting it, yet I can't seem to elevate myself and four strangers at the same time.

Myslead 06-08-2011 03:45 AM

Game #2 (Orianna / Victory / now -14)
http://i.imgur.com/cU1LD.jpg

Well this win was unexpected as it started with a Nasus that kept disconnecting early game. Making early teamfights 4 v 5 for the most part. But he eventually came back and caught up in levels and farm. Malphite ult + Galio Ult + Orianna, all that in the middle of Nasus Ult destroyed their team. Also the fact that Nasus was AD and his Q was hitting for like 1000.

hydrogencar 06-08-2011 04:01 AM

Build Deathcap over Rageblade on Akali.

Play hard carries only, Vlad, Vayne, WW whenever you can get them. Carry hard.

Gunflame 06-08-2011 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Myslead (Hozzászólás 9713576)
I need help.
I used to have a pretty even sheet (+3 or something) in term of victories and losses in solo queue and I decided on Monday that I would actually go on a marathon and try to raise it.

I have been failing miserably since Monday and I keep playing in hope that I can turn it around, but I am now -14 games and my ELO is barely 1000. I am in no way saying that I belong in the +2000, but I am defintiely not a low tier player. I presume that I should be residing somewhere the 1500-1600. At least, I'd be satisfied there. I mean, I'm doing good in 5v5, but in solo queue it's been hell.

So I need help, tips, advices on how to get out of this hole. I mean, there's either a guy going 0-15 at the 20m mark, someone who never played Garen and decides to play him in Ranked and then don't even know how to use his ult properly, or just someone leaving. How did you get out of ELO hell ? I just don't understand why people subject themselves to other players when they don't even want to at least take it a little bit seriously.

I will also be posting games replays and summaries to gather infos.

Have you ever played at 1500-1600 elo?

How do you know you belong to that range?

Did you know that less than 5% of the players belong to that range?

Did you know that if you belong to that range you are supposed to BEAT 95 out of 100 players that play the game?

Do you really believe you are good enough to beat 95% of the players in this game?

Did you know that to get from 1500 elo to 1000 elo you need about 40-50 CONSECUTIVE loses.... not a single win?

Did you know that if you lose 40-50 consecutives times, it is probably not your team's fault, but yours?

Read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways... personally the moment I start boosting out my Chogath I start boosting my elo UP. Technically speaking my Chogath is about 1500 elo, the rest of my champions are much lower than that (my Evelynn is probably 1400 elo same with my lane Renek, the rest only take me to 1300-1350). Though I have played Chogath so much that I don't want to keep using it that's why I haven't been able to bump up my elo to the 1450 range.

SilverAye1 06-08-2011 05:51 AM

I see no jungler in your team. That's quite a fail imo… So you may deserve your ELO.

Tha Dynamite 06-08-2011 07:09 AM

You simply shouldn't go on marathons. Things from previous games ALWAYS carry over to the next.

Suppose your previous game was a complete flop. You'll feel at least a bit disheartened. It carries over.
Suppose your previous game was so close but your team messes up. You'll probably feel pissed. Again, carries over.
Suppose you dominated in your previous game. You might go into the next game thinking you'll also dominate and underestimate your opponents.

And so on.
Take maybe 20 minute breaks in between each game. Eat something. Drink something. Then go back.

I was actually in the same spot you were. The lowest I got was 1054. The way I got better was through trial and error. I played a bunch of normal games to figure out the roles I play the strongest and weakest. Then out of those roles, I figured out which champions that I do best with.
For example, I figured that I'm a strong jungler (in my ELO). So I played through Nunu, Warwick, Udyr, Trundle, Olaf, Yi, Xin, etc etc until I pinned down two or three of them as the ones I do best with.
I figured I was also decent with ranged DPS. Same process.
And finally, I figured that I was absolutely awful with low damage tanks. So I just avoid them like the plague (even though I have so many T.T).

And I just play these champions over and over. Sometimes, I'll find a champion that I got better with and add it to my set.

So don't play a whole bunch of champions you know you can play but don't know for certain that you'll do well with 100% of the time. There is a reason why all the highest ELO players have one champion that they played for over half their ranked games and have 70%+ win rates with it.

Myslead 06-08-2011 11:05 AM

Game #3 (Vayne / Defeat / now -15)
Great early game, but Vladimir thought he was god and always getting into outnumbered fight which led to our demise and Malphite using ult for 1 person when their whole team was coming along. Their team had Fiddle, Nocturne, Rammus, Olaf and Malzahar.

forgot to take a screenshot, I went 8-8-8 as Vayne which isn't really great. got a good early game, but was stomped after.

I have not played 1500-1600, I got up to 1350 in 10 games in 5 v 5 and things are going smoooooooth as a baby skin.
and I came from HoN where my rating was 1850, so yeah... the main difference I see between the two games, is that one single hero cannot change the outcome of the game as much as it can in HoN. This is a team game, yet nobody wants to play as a team.