League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [GUIDE]Veigar, Lord of AP (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=79491)

HeLLs666 03-23-2010 04:25 AM

[GUIDE]Veigar, Lord of AP

1st guide i made so it'll be average i suppose?
anyway, heres veigar's basics.

-----[Hero Stats] (Taken from Official Page):

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stat..................|Level 1|...........|Per Level|............|Level 18|

Hitpoints...........|355|.................|82|.... .................|1831|
Mana.................|250|.................|55|... ..................|1240|
Armor................|10.5|................|3.5|.. ..................|73.5|
Magic Resist......|30|...................|0|............ ...........|30|
Attack Damage..|46.5|................|2.63|.............. ....|93.8|
Crit Chance.......|2.2%|...............|0.25%|......... .....|6.5%|
Health Regen....|0.9|..................|0.11|............ .....|2.88|
Mana Regen......|0.88|................|0.08|........... ......|2.32|

Also:
Movespeed: 310
Range: 525
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----[Abilities]
(Taken directly from in-game)

*BALEFUL STRIKE* [Q]
Unleashes dark energy at target enemy dealing x(+ AP*.6) Magic Damage. If a unit is killed, Veigar gains 1 Ability Power for a minion or 5 Ability Power for a champion.

Rank..........|Damage(x)|........|Cooldown|....... |Mana Cost|

1)...............|80|......................|8s|... ...............|75|
2)...............|125|....................|7s|.... ..............|75|
3)...............|170|....................|6s|.... ..............|75|
4)...............|215|....................|5s|.... ..............|75|
5)...............|260|....................|4s|.... ..............|75|

*DARK MATTER* [W]
After 1.6 seconds, dark matter falls from the sky to the target location, dealing x(+ AP) Magic Damage.

Rank..........|Damage(x)|.......|Cooldown|.......| Mana Cost|

1)..............|120|..................|12s|...... .........|100|
2)..............|180|..................|12s|...... .........|110|
3)..............|240|..................|12s|...... .........|120|
4)..............|300|..................|12s|...... .........|130|
5)..............|360|..................|12s|...... .........|140|

*EVENT HORIZON* [E]
Veigar twists the edges of space around the target location for 3 seconds, stunning enemies who pass through the perimeter for x seconds.

Rank.........|Stun Length(x)|.....|Cooldown|......|Mana Cost|

1).............|1.5s|.....................|24s|... .............|90|
2).............|1.75s|...................|22s|.... ............|110|
3).............|2s|........................|20s|.. ..............|130|
4).............|2.25s|...................|18s|.... ............|150|
5).............|2.5s|.....................|16s|... .............|170|

*PRIMORDIAL BURST* [R]
Blasts an enemy champion, dealing x(+ AP * 1.3) Magic Damage plus 25% of the target's maximum Mana. If Primordial Burst deals a killing blow, Veigar regains (y) mana and gains a bonus 5 Ability Power.

Rank........|Damage(x)|........|Cooldown|........| Mana Cost|...|Mana Returned(y)|

1).............|200|...................|130s|..... ..........|200|..............|500|
2).............|300|...................|110s|..... ..........|300|..............|1000|
3).............|400|...................|90s|...... ...........|400|..............|1500|

*ENTROPY* [Passive]
Veigar steals from each nearby enemy champion 20% of their Ability Power. The amount stolen per target cannot exceed five times Veigar's level.

PRE-GAME SETUP

-----[Summoner Spells]

Summoner Spells can vary depending on personal taste. I'm going to rank them into tiers based on what I recommend for Veigar.

*Definitely worth it*: Teleport, Exhaust, Ignite, Cleanse (I use Teleport and Exhaust almost exclusively, but I see a lot of people using ignite with improved nowadays, also cleanse is so imba atm.)

*If you really want to*: Ghost, Flash (Not my personal recommendation, but I can see these too)

*If your team needs it*: Clairvoyance, Rally, Fortify, Promote (Team support skills, get them if you must)

*Don't*: Heal, Smite, Revive, Clarity (Pointless, You will only ever kill golem, have no farming problems, clarity is not as useful as other skills because the mana regen it gives is minimal and easily covered with items, and you shouldn't be in the middle of a fight enough to use heal)

-----[Runes]

Alright, finally. Done with learning background information and ready to...get ready. First set up you'll want to make is what runes you'll use. Insight runes are now red primary, so there is really only one way to go. However, yellow runes are separated.

Blue Force: All force is obvious for blue. Total is ~27 AP at level 18. Reasoning for this is more AP is always good (Duh). AP helps out with last hitting, and is a bulk of your damage.
HOWEVER: I have been running cooldown lately in order to counter people with banshee's and flash. Getting extra spells off is very useful too, so choose your runes here depending on who you're against. If you play people that don't hard counter you often, ap can be good, otherwise I'd stick with -cooldown runes. The ones that scale with level are cheaper iirc.

~~~~Tip: While Potency runes are more alluring than Force runes early, they do not scale well at all. IIRC Force runes are equal to potency runes around level 5. Since there won't be much action before then, just go force. HOWEVER, Quints scale differently. Force Quints don't catch up to Potency until around level 12-13, so that is a personal choice of if you want to sacrifice a few ap early game or mid/late game.

Red Insight: Insight is now red primary so the magic pen is the obvious choice for this slot. If tooltips are correct, insight gives around 7.5 magic pen. This is a decent damage boost and stacks well with the new magic pen options in the game.

Yellow ????: Yellow is where it is really personal taste on what you get. You can go for a primary stat that gives a little more, like health or evasion, or you can go force for another ~16 ap at 18. I've used both force and evasion personally.

Quint Force/Potency/Insight: This is another personal choice. As I said before, quintessences scale differently so potency are actually better than force until around level 12-13. Personally I'm using potency atm. Insight is also nice because magic pen is a good stat, however I don't use them in quints because there is a ton of magic pen options in game now. What not to do: Mana regen, Reduced cooldown, pretty much anything else except for health is a big no-no. Force and Insight do a ton and other "wants" can be compensated for. For instance, you may think you need more cooldown reduction, but with utility spec, elixir of brilliance, and golem buff...it's useless. Mana regen is another thing that may seem like a good idea, but isn't. Any issues with mana are handled by items masteries and teleport.

-----[Masteries]

Masteries are much more versatile than skill build for maximum effectiveness. You can really bend the rules here depending on your personal tastes. A 21/0/9 build isn't bad, but here is my favorite mastery spec:

~~~~Tip: As you're levelling, I'd probably try and get the mana talents from utility first, along with the cripple from offense. (Perseverance, Expanded Mind, Meditation)

9/0/21
(9) Offense

(1) Deadliness
(3) Archmage's Savvy
(4) Sorcery
(1) Archaic Knowledge

(21) Utility

(1) Good Hands
(3) Perseverence
(4) Expanded Mind
(3) Awareness
(3) Meditation
(3) Quickness
(3) Intelligence
(1) Presence of the Master

SKILL BUILD
1) Baleful Strike
2) Event Horizon
3) Baleful Strike
4) Dark Matter (Or swap with 14*)
5) Baleful Strike
6) Primordial Burst
7) Baleful Strike
8) Dark Matter
9) Baleful Strike
10) Dark Matter
11) Primordial Burst
12) Dark Matter
13) Dark Matter
14) Event Horizon
15) Event Horizon
16) Primordial Burst
17) Event Horizon
18) Event Horizon

ITEM BUILDS
Early at start:
Sapphire Crystal + 2 Health potion

Sapphire Crystal--->tear of the Goddess

Next get Mejai Soulstealer and Sorcerer's Shoes

Then get Rod of Ages and turn the tear of the goddess to Archangel Staff

After this, it's ur choice to make the Lich Bane or Zhonya's Ring 1st
If u have too much gold get a brilliance elixir, as it helps u with the cooldown, but i do this rarely anyway.

Xtra: In case u want to make 1.1k AP, get Zhonya's Ring, and for the last item get another Archangel Staff. Usually by the time u get this, u'll have massive amount of mana and the staff will be worth it.

Playing Veigar:
Try to last hit creeps and heroes . It gives u 1 or 5 extra AP per kill, which will be worth it at the late game.
Use Dark Matter for easy creeping, but use it after u have nice amount of AP damage. Its not that good early
Stun is area, but only stuns at the edge. Use it for group fights and trap them so they cant run from area ultis like Nunu or Amumus ulti.
Although Veigar's Primordial Burst is powerful, without high AP it wont deal too much so it'll be hard to kill a tank without help, especially a non-mana tank.

Thx to Roku, as i took parts of ur guide for this.