League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Avarice crit stack. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=7856)

08-30-2009 11:27 AM

Avarice crit stack.

Hello all. Theres a very simple way to build any character, from teemo to jax, to a critting monster, with 90-100% crit chance and over 800 damage per crit.
I like to pick teemo for this because of move quick (so that you don't need boots really)
The idea is to just stack avarice blades, as you get more you will get even more of them quickers because of the gold bonus. Once having 6 of them (or 5 and boots) you can either go for infinity edge (which will only take minutes to get because you will be getting mad gold) or warmogs. And after that the item that you didnt get. After that you should be pretty well suited and should probably get a cleaver.

ps; this is not an in depth guide as you can see, just to explain that you can just spam avarice blades and be an effective 1v1 killer

DeAdLiNe 08-30-2009 02:37 PM

Yeah I saw some1 playing gangplank today with this strat ,and I've tried it myself two games.It's great for melee champions.

Vindico Atrum 08-31-2009 01:03 AM

And I saw a Gangplank doing it, he had 4 avarice blades, boots 1 and 18% crit thing, at 25 mins. Moral of the story, sure it works, but so does just buying normal items along the way.

randomboy 08-31-2009 01:54 AM

Does cleave work with Sivir's bouncing attack? I noticed that the damage reduction item works on all creeps that are hit by the bounces...

AtlasNR 08-31-2009 03:50 AM

This was once a very common strategy but is now only occasionally seen since they lowered the sell-back value of avarice blades A LOT. Nothing new here.

DirtyJenkins 08-31-2009 05:07 AM

Also with this strategy you need to hold onto the avy blades for a while ( I think it's like 20 minutes) before they pay for themselves. And in that time you could have built towards better gear and been more effective to your group in ganks and such.

08-31-2009 05:17 AM

I use this strategy all the time. By the 25 min mark you get infinity. Within 3-4 minuts later, you can get a 2nd major item. I think it helps a ton, personally. After the first main item, I always fly right down my list.

Buddha Belly 09-14-2009 06:49 AM

I don't think its so much that you need them to pay for themselves, because you can stack crit damage runes and get your kill income coming faster. The g/5 is just nice.

edit* sorry its an old thread. Was doing gangplank search and it came up.

ERazER 09-14-2009 10:21 AM

You really shouldn't make more than 3. They take a while to repay themselves and if you sell one of them less than 12.5 minutes after buying the last, you'll actually lose gold.
If you can last hit well and with a hero like Ashe you can farm up more than 16k gold in 35 minutes, which will be enough to fill up your inventory and not enough time to make more than 3 blades worth it.

Shirokuma 09-14-2009 10:35 AM

I saw a gangplank try to do this today. He had a Soraka spamming heals / mana regen on him while he farmed Avarice blades with Parrrley. I got stuck randomly with pirate as well, and with a Chalice, Phage, and Sheen, I stomped both of their faces in. Sure, some people think it works, but I'll stick with what's getting the job done for me.