League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Blue Side Favored (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=77801)

Anivionics 03-19-2010 06:47 PM

Blue Side Favored

Anybody who plays a long range caster knows the situation. On blue side, you can see very far upwards towards purple side.

However, on purple side, the view and camera angle make it so you cannot see as far down, with the camera locked, while blue can see you and then some. I find myself being forced to play a melee class while on purple side, when my real love is for Anivia.

I will post some images to help illustrate my point in a day or so.

Does anybody else feel the same way I do?

***UPDATE: I now play with camera unlocked. It is a godsend, and I can now play Anivia on both purple and blue side equally as bad! But still, for the people out there that do play with camera locked, a simple change like this should be implemented.

Sanvar 03-20-2010 12:39 AM

Yes, I can't stand being on Purple team and it definitely effects my in-game performance.

EDIT: The easy fix is to allow the interface to be inverted with commands on TOP, or do it automatically for Purple team players. The interface blocks valuable screen space when your perspective has the enemy on the bottom of the screen 90% of the time.

Schn 03-20-2010 12:40 AM

It'd be interesting to see the win rates of blue compared to purple.

Skarvo 03-20-2010 03:38 AM

Actually, this question was posed on the General Discussion Forum, and Zileas checked the stats.
Apparently, Blue wins 2-4% more often (not practice games, so no its not cause its host team).
They are currently trying to discover the cause of this.

I would link to that thread, but I'm too lazy to find it right now.

Anivionics 03-22-2010 10:05 AM

Bump for great justice.

and:
*******http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/998/range.png********

Look how my main spell (Flash Frost) is not even on the screen. If im looking down anywhere on the screen there is a massive disadvantage. Im forced to play with my camera unlocked while on purple side. Such a disadvantage.

Joco 03-22-2010 10:24 AM

I totally agree.

Any champ with long range abilities is tougher to play when on the purple team. Likewise, playing against enemy champions is tougher to deal with when you're on the purple team.

I really hope the Riot staff don't have the mindset of "learn 2 play, unlock your camera".

lawlblue 03-22-2010 12:16 PM

its true its possible to unlock ur camara, but when im on blue side i never need to, and its just more relaxing and more comfortable to not have to unlock ur camara, and be able to see everything perfectly...

Anivionics 03-22-2010 01:30 PM

The inverted view while playing purple seems like a fairly easy solution, but then again I have no idea how programming it would work.

Seems like with inverting it, theres no graphical change, merely a function to "invert" the opponent's movements to reflect their viewpoint also. With this view you'll always see the opponent coming down from the top, but they'll view it as approaching from the bottom.

A response from a team member would be greatly appreciated in this matter! :D

Joco 03-22-2010 02:48 PM

The problem with the 180 flip is that you'd have confusion over what's "top" and "bottom".

There are so many ways to fix this; is this issue really not high priority? This is some low-hanging fruit, Riot.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf 03-23-2010 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joco (Hozzászólás 880308)
The problem with the 180 flip is that you'd have confusion over what's "top" and "bottom".
There are so many ways to fix this; is this issue really not high priority? This is some low-hanging fruit, Riot.

If the map is flipped for everyone, then everyone has the same top and bottom.

Camera lock is much more sensible than a free camera in a game where you control one hero, at least 99% of the time (ofc you have to unlock it to peep into another lane) but it is completely worthless in LoL because of this issue.

Even HoN (which has no official camera lock feature but a bug-on-command that does more or less the same thing) has a better unintended camera lock than LoL's intended camera lock.