League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Riot Games is hiring a System Administrator (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=77799)

Phreak 03-19-2010 07:45 PM

Riot Games is hiring a System Administrator

Riot Games needs a System Administrator in our Culver City, CA office to establish and maintain a high performance, highly available game service infrastructure. The role involves working with the a team of Super Amazing Systems Admin (SASA) group and development teams to design and implement all aspects of production environments, development environments, and general systems needs. If you're awesome and want to prove it to us and the rest of the world, then buckle up, put on a helmet and read below.

Job Description
  • Assist with Systems Administration of production and development environments
  • Share 24/7/365 on call production systems critical problem responsibilities
  • Help troubleshoot and solve issues with hardware, applications, and network components
  • Evaluate and implement hardware and software technologies to improve game efficiency and performance

Requirements
  • B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
  • Experience working with Linux (RHEL4/5, CentOS4/5, Ubuntu)
  • Experience with some or all of the following: Netfilter, HA – LVS, Apache (httpd, tomcat, activeMQ), mysql, PXE, snmp, monitoring (nagios, cacti), dns, dhcp/bootp, nfs
  • Scripting and programming skills (shell, awk, perl, php)
  • Strong background/interest in application and infrastructure design
  • Excellent verbal and written communication skills
  • Experience working with high-capacity, internet-based infrastructures

Preferred
  • Experience working with distributed caching solutions and data grids, most specifically Oracle Coherence
If you are a top-notch system adminstrator who wants the opportunity to innovate with a creative and talented team and have a positive, “can do” attitude, we want to hear from you!
To apply, please send completed questionnaire (click to download), résumé and cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to:
programming@riotgames.com.

Riot games is paying salaries that are competitive with the enterprise software industry.

** Resume submissions missing the title of the position in the subject line WILL NOT be considered. **

If you refer someone to Riot for any of the above positions, and we end up hiring them, we will add 100,000 Riot Points to your League of Legends account 90 days from the date of hire. Just have them mention your summoner name!

Microscope 03-19-2010 08:29 PM

What's the age requirement?

StratosphereKroK 03-19-2010 08:47 PM

Do you get paid in Riot Points? because i got a B.S. degree in awesome and i do own a computer. I'll give a look at your problems but i can't promise you anything :D

Azing 03-19-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Microscope (Hozzászólás 864324)
What's the age requirement?

If your asking that question, chances are you don't have the requirements filled.

Commodore Frank 03-19-2010 08:56 PM

Sadface, I want to be a system admin someday, but alas, I still have much college work to go. This would have been a dream job :)

Berkley 03-19-2010 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StratosphereKroK (Hozzászólás 864390)
Do you get paid in Riot Points? because i got a B.S. degree in awesome and i do own a computer. I'll give a look at your problems but i can't promise you anything :D

if he gets the job I referred him.

Cyst 03-19-2010 08:59 PM

The thing he doesn't show you is he really sucks 99.9% of the time
(talking about phreak not ezreal)

I have played with and against him several times...

The funny thing is with him he fed like a 1/10 about

and against him He went mid against me on TF and I got first blood at level 1

Than continued to gank the rest of his team

Corrupted Veigar 03-19-2010 09:23 PM

Requires
'a B.S. in'

I see wut they did thar

Downfaller 03-19-2010 09:39 PM

I just graduated with my B.S of computer science today. It is in the field of Media Arts, and Animation...so if you need 3d models or something. I could probably help better. (also, I blame my lack luster reel on you, and my poor ability to not play your game)

Sanvar 03-19-2010 11:03 PM

Salary range

"Top-notch", "can do attitude" System Administrators are already employed, by in large. Posting the Salary Range and benefits package may help attract qualified candidates, like myself, more than just the *shazam-wow-cool* factor of working for Riot Games.

*shrug*