League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Mana Regen runes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=76888)

Jedo 03-18-2010 06:15 AM

Mana Regen runes

which heroes work well with mana regen runes (both flat and per lvl)?

wildfire393 03-18-2010 07:23 AM

Most besides Kat/Mundo/Trynd/Morde. Most heroes need mana to stay in lane, and investing in a set of Seals or Glyphs can get you out of having to buy a regen item (freeing you up to start with survivability like a Doran's item or something like a Mana Crystal to build into a key item sooner).

Slide 03-18-2010 07:25 AM

Woohoo super broad questions FTW!

As mentioned, anyone that has mana can use mana regen runes.

Quick note: Per levels equal out the potency of flats at level 5 (for mana regen anyways) so its ALWAYS better to get per levels for this stat.

TheMountainGoat 03-18-2010 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE (Hozzászólás 854393)
Quick note: Per levels equal out the potency of flats at level 5 (for mana regen anyways) so its ALWAYS better to get per levels for this stat.

brb, re-purchasing my entire rune page :(

Slide 03-18-2010 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMountainGoat (Hozzászólás 854731)
brb, re-purchasing my entire rune page :(

Your own fault for not doing the very simple math dude.

wildfire393 03-18-2010 09:02 AM

Honestly, I disagree. I play a lot of Sivir, and she's most mana-hungry for the first few levels (after that you get a Chalice and everything is fine). I'm willing to have less regen post level 5 (when you have items to pick up the slack) rather than gimping my early game.

Fbsunny 03-18-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildfire393 (Hozzászólás 854880)
Honestly, I disagree. I play a lot of Sivir, and she's most mana-hungry for the first few levels (after that you get a Chalice and everything is fine). I'm willing to have less regen post level 5 (when you have items to pick up the slack) rather than gimping my early game.

I agree with this, I take mana regen runes on Shaco and I really need that mana at levels 1-3 to be able to get early kills.

RHINO Mk II 03-18-2010 09:52 AM

You wouldnt NEED the chalice if you got Mp5/level in the first place :P

SmecssRaege 03-18-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RHINO Mk II (Hozzászólás 855154)
You wouldnt NEED the chalice if you got Mp5/level in the first place :P

On sivir...yeah....yeah you do >_>

I play with 28mp5 from RUNES alone @ 18, and i STILL need to buy a chalice on sivir to survive mid game mana regen issues >.< (unless i dont have a teammate who can better use golem, then its no problem, but i like to leave it up for casters)

Slide 03-18-2010 10:25 AM

Yeah Chalice is a must for Sivir.

As to wildfires comment, I think your nuts. Sivir goes OOM no sooner then when she can buy chalice. even just running per level runes. Most of the time I only go OOM when I have enough for chalice and boots. If Ive gotten a kill or two its chalice boots and scepter. Usually by level 4 no later then 5. Stop using ricochet at these early levels and youll be fine.

Early game we are talking about an absolutely PITIFUL difference in mana regen between the two. Its just that from level 5 on, per levels give more. A LOT more. This makes chalice doubly effective as its passive effects your runes.

Late game with Sivir you can indeed sell the chalice if you have the per level runes. Of course, if your playiing sivir properly, the game should be over before you get to this point!

In any case, Im a FIRM believer in the per level mana regen over flat. The difference early game is TINY, evens out VERY early (I think its actually level 4 where they are on par and level 5 the per levels are better) and from then on are far more powerful.