League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to slow creeps (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=7616)

nitrox 08-29-2009 04:22 AM

How to slow creeps

In DOTA, one of my strategy was to slow creeps at the beginning of the game. The reason is to begin the battle near a touret and to first blood. I though that is too hard to slow my creeps. And you ? what do you think about creep's AI ?
Thx
(Sorry for my language but I'm french... Not so easy.)

nitrox 08-29-2009 04:31 AM

Hm sorry I put this message in the wrong part of the forum...

Vindico Atrum 08-29-2009 07:02 AM

You arent supposed to be able to slow creeps.

JC0226 08-29-2009 07:20 AM

Think he means slow as in creepblocking, as in putting your hero in the path of the creep, so they'd be hindered and that the meeting point of the creeps would be closer to your tower than theirs, allowing you to harass the enemy easier. As to how well this works in LoL, I couldn't say, but I would assume it would be harder simply because the reason creepblocking works in dota is when a creep runs into you in WC3, it would stop momentarily and repath, slowing it down significantly

Lolex 08-29-2009 08:27 AM

Yeah, the creeps in LoL do have a much better AI then those in Wc3 and DotA making them harder, if not impoosible, to creepblock.
This, next to many other things such as denying, makes it a much simpler game to play.

Vindico Atrum 08-29-2009 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC0226 (Hozzászólás 78471)
Think he means slow as in creepblocking, as in putting your hero in the path of the creep, so they'd be hindered and that the meeting point of the creeps would be closer to your tower than theirs, allowing you to harass the enemy easier. As to how well this works in LoL, I couldn't say, but I would assume it would be harder simply because the reason creepblocking works in dota is when a creep runs into you in WC3, it would stop momentarily and repath, slowing it down significantly

Yeah I know. And I told him, you arent able to do it.

randomboy 08-29-2009 01:40 PM

Also: why can't we deny creeps?

Fatwa 08-29-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by randomboy (Hozzászólás 79026)
Also: why can't we deny creeps?

Here:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zileas
Denying
The lack of denying is a major change in LoL from DotA. Denying existed in War 3 as a method to destroy your own units in case you got stuck in a food cap situation. A few ladder players used it once in a while to deny XP, but it really was not intended for competitive play. DotA stumbled upon this, and kept it because it added actions for players to perform in the early game, and offered subtle techniques of lane control to optimize tactical situations related to ganking.

We are opposed to creep denying because:

1. It enlarges the early game imbalance between ranged and melee Champions, and we think it is more fun for all Champions to be at least somewhat competitive at all phases of the game.
2. It denies enemy players of their satisfaction on an extremely frequent basis, preventing them from having incremental rewards.
3. It leads to passive play, and slows down the game. We feel that high-activity, high-action faster games are more fun. Team fights more than anything else are what make this genre fun, and faster games mean more team fights.
4. It is weird. Killing your own guys?

We are opposed to tower denying because:

1. Tower pushing is a team objective – it requires teamwork to do effectively, and we have made towers reward ONLY to a team in LoL. Having deny reduces the frequency of team rewards, and thus, reduces teamwork. We feel that teamwork is the #1 thing that makes LoL fun.
2. It skews the clarity of game objectives. Towers are meant to be protected and can easily trigger a team fight… and it is wonky when you have a giant DPS cannon defending you, and you instead sit behind it timing a last hit rather than defending.
3. Similar reasons to the creep denying issue.

How we are remedying:

1. In LoL, spellcasting in the early game can be done far, far more frequently than in DotA. I think anyone who has played it will agree on this point. This adds significantly more skill-differentiating actions to perform.
2. LoL has far more individual creeps than in DotA, giving you a similar number of attack actions – but your attack actions are all last hit attempts now.
3. Tower kills award huge gold and experience awards to your entire team. This incents offensive early behavior, which creates team fights (which lead to a lot of skill differentiation and fun). This in turn reduces the desire to play defensively, and the need for lane control.
4. Early game ganking has slightly lower rewards in LoL than in DotA, which de-emphasizes the need for hyper-defensive play via denies to stay competitive in certain Champion matchups. If you get ganked a few times in the early game, it sucks, but it’s not nearly as punitive as a team fight loss later, and not nearly as punitive as in DotA.

08-29-2009 07:03 PM

Well, if you feel like wasting a point on Anivia, she can. :/ Not for long though, and it's not really worth the lost skill point.

Isan 08-29-2009 07:28 PM

theres a thread in the general chat

http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=60&highlight=zileas

that goes over loads of choices like deny and creep blocking and so on. Bare in mind the date that that thread started, its better to read the later pages as LoL has changed so so SO much in the last few months.