League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Item Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   [Suggestion]New Tenacity Items (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=745024)

Omni 05-13-2011 10:14 AM

[Suggestion]New Tenacity Items

First thing, can you please add the 3 new tenacity items to the item list on the website? Some of us would like to start coming up with builds outside of the game that use them and we're being forced to log into game to know how much they're worth and what items are in the recipe to make them?

Secondly, don't they feel really expensive for items that may only be used early-mid game? They're main use is for their tenacity % while their secondary buffs aren't that great to make you keep the item until late game. I only see a few people using them, most people are still buying merc treads(and not experimenting with other boots) and these items are almost as expensive as merc treads are...

Thirdly, don't you guys think it would be smarter/more efficient if the 3 Doran's items would actually upgrade into these tenacity items? Everyone has always been asking "when are doran's items going to be able to upgrade into other items?" And I think with the release of these 3 new items there's a great opportunity to blend the two groups. Of course I do realize some balancing/restating on the items and a price increase would take place if this was implemented, but think about it, Doran's items would have a stronger role and would give players more variety in item builds.

Merc Treads are the most popular boots on most champs because they're 1 item with 3 great buffs, increased move speed, magic defense and 35% cc reduction. Most players don't buy other boots because they benefit more from just this one pair and it only occupies 1 slot. If what Riot was trying to do with these new items was to increase the interest/use of other boots by making these cc reduc items available you're still making players buy 2 items in the long run. 1 item for cc reduction(you always need cc reduction in most serious games) and the other item for mobility(which is also needed in most serious games). But since almost everyone likes to buy Doran's items at some point in the game you'd be giving them the option to upgrade and get some cc reduction, not as much as merc treads but better than none at all. Yes you would still be buying 2 items but now the cc reduc item would have more substantial buff benefits coming from the Doran item. These would almost become core items for any build.

Eleisa's Miracle + Doran's Shield in mix
+33 Health Regen per 5 sec (25+8)
+20 Mana Regen per 5 sec
+25 Tenacity
+10 Armor
+120 Health

Moonflair Spellblade + Doran's Ring in mix
+65 Ability Power (50+15)
+25 Tenacity
+5 Mana Regen per 5 sec
+100 Health

Cloak and Dagger + Doran's Blade
+20% Attack Speed
+20% Critical Strike Chance
+25 Tenacity
+10 Attack Damage
+3 % Life Steal
+100 Health

Also another good suggestion for the site is to incorporate something like the mobafire's Item/Mastery/Rune Planner Tools so that the site can have its own in-house planners. Also maybe a more elegant way for players to share builds with each other by actually showing pictures of the items/masteries/runes as opposed to text on the builds forum...

axesandspears 05-13-2011 11:59 AM

No, bad idea. No upgrades to Doran's items.

psymunn 05-13-2011 12:35 PM

doran items are balanced around not being upgradable. they are extremely efficient simply because they are top of their tree. in a similar vein, so are the tenacity items
interestingly, i find the tenacity items work best on two types of heroes:
ones that use speed boots (of speed or mobility) and ones that have slot efficient items like trinity force
been getting speed3 boots and cloak and dagger on ad poppy, and mobility and miracle on alistair and been pretty happy with both. i imagine eve would also receive a similar benefit

Omni 05-13-2011 01:39 PM

Well my biggest problem with these is that you wind up buying up 2 slots of items for mobility and cc reduction while merc treads does both...unless u farm like a beast u fall behind on your build since boots and these items are pretty expensive. Now id those items gave me better buffs they would be worth the gold but the current buffs are just ok...

SMG Ace 05-14-2011 04:24 PM

Doran's items are not meant to have upgrade paths, because they are far more efficient than other starting items. I would not mind some new tenacity items (Seriously, do the math on Moonflair Spellblade, it's awful), but not connecting to Doran's items.

SonicTheHedgedawg 05-14-2011 04:31 PM

you know... I normally would not support dorans items having upgrades, but this seems great, actually.

Omni 05-16-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicTheHedgedawg (Hozzászólás 8873352)
you know... I normally would not support dorans items having upgrades, but this seems great, actually.

I do too, I don't think the final overall buff is too high to complain about but helpful enough to get and it lets u have more room for more items...

Nekrocow 05-16-2011 09:29 AM

Moonflair Spellblade sucks very, very hard.

Escher77 05-16-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoleEater (Hozzászólás 8873180)
Doran's items are not meant to have upgrade paths, because they are far more efficient than other starting items. I would not mind some new tenacity items (Seriously, do the math on Moonflair Spellblade, it's awful), but not connecting to Doran's items.

I disagree with the Math on Moonflair being awful. If you are calculating pure AP yes. However, for less than a needlessly you are getting 5/8th's with 25 tenacity. Tenacity is a pretty valuable for allot of casters off boots. It is really hard to lose spell penn so not going sorcerer's boots for merc's is not usually possible. This being said most caster's are pretty soft so getting 25% less on stun's is huge because in general a stun on a gank can me death unless your flash/ghost is up. However, I do think their is a major issue with Moonflair but the early worth is not that. This comes late game when you are near full on items. You now have this useful earlygame/mid game item. That simply is not worth a final game item slot. If you could combine it with a needlessly large or something to add some AP maybe. However, having a item that has 0 survivability, that only gives you 50 AP late game, is not really good. Selling an item is quite a waste of money if it is not gold per 5 item. I rarely use this item now because of this. Caster's IMO currently have midgame item issue. AD people have phage, brutalizer, sheen, zeal, and others that are great mid game items that can later be changed into bigger items. Phage for instance gives you some AD and some life that you can get early game, then wait until late game to make it a frozen mallet. You also gain a nice bonus effect. Casters you have fiendish codex, but this gives no survivability and very poor AP amount. Hextech revolver is alright but the AP again is pretty nominal and IMO spell vamp is only useful midgame on a few champs. For instance not sure I would every get a hextech revolver mid game on Annie or Veigar or Anivia. It costs to much to be super early for laneing. By the time you can get it you might as well take a catalyst for a rod of ages. So unless your vlad or swain who can get big uses from the spell vamp you don't have many mid game choices. This is why I also see many AP champs rushing deathcap, or rylias which are very expensive items. Not saying this should not be a viable strat but now it's kinda forced. Where as on AD carry BF sword item rush is not rare, but it is also not unlike to see a Urgot/EZ with manamune, or someone with brutilizer or a phage.

Dues Pater 02-18-2012 01:29 PM

Nice but i dont think doran items should be upgradeable they are very viable the way the yare