League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gangplank Advice? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=721190)

Fenixborn 05-06-2011 05:23 AM

Gangplank Advice?

I've always felt like playing Gangplank was just like using his ultimate; a complete success or utter failure. Gangplank was my first 3150 champion and my first main; so I always was interested in any patch changes to see a much needed buff/rework.

With the recent change I actually believe he was nerfed, the 1 second cooldown on parrrley does not make up for it's lowered damage, and he seems to have mana problems early game.

I try to build Gangplank very tanky early to be able to run in and auto attack, because most Gangplanks I see just shoot their parrrley and are literally useless until it is off cooldown, and does very little damage because they get crit chance instead of armor pen runes.

Mainly, how do I become a useful team member as Gangplank and not get completely outshined by some superior carry/fighter champion such as Xin Zhao or Ezreal?

crzyazn1 05-06-2011 05:53 AM

building gankplank is one strat but playing him is another and i find the most crucial because even if u did have the wrong items for him which u could, but still pwn other players. but i would recommend these items:
1. Executioner's call
2. Avarice blade-Youmuu's ghostblade
3. Infinity
4. Phantom Dancer
5. Shurelya's Reverie or u can rush this item for more hp n mana regen

crzyazn1 05-06-2011 05:54 AM

many people underestimate Executioner's call but it's like a mini ignite that does 4 damage over time each hit plus gp's passive is very usefull and u can active the sword's skill dont forget that

Jlutin 05-06-2011 09:16 AM

Taking his deny away took the biggest reason I considered him. He went from hard to play, but interesting to... just hard to play.

DethSlave 05-07-2011 02:52 AM

build critplank ..

boots of swiftness first and then nothing but avarice blades till maxed.

this strategy is good cause your crit hits for like 200 early game and even mid game its still strong while your banking cash.

after you get all 5 and get enough money get

infinity edge
phantom dancer
executioner calling

and then from here its w.e you think to base off of the team your playing.

atmas impaler is good for alot of dps
or go frozen mallet to freeze them with your parley.
this strategy is very good due to the flexibility and base your items off your enemies with the high ammount of money.

Fenixborn 05-07-2011 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DethSlave (Hozzászólás 8606062)
build critplank ..

boots of swiftness first and then nothing but avarice blades till maxed.

this strategy is good cause your crit hits for like 200 early game and even mid game its still strong while your banking cash.

after you get all 5 and get enough money get

infinity edge
phantom dancer
executioner calling

and then from here its w.e you think to base off of the team your playing.

atmas impaler is good for alot of dps
or go frozen mallet to freeze them with your parley.
this strategy is very good due to the flexibility and base your items off your enemies with the high ammount of money.

Wouldn't the avarice blades take too long to pay for themselves? And what about survivability issues with nothing but boots and 5 avarice blades? This build seems a bit too glass cannon for too long and I'd rather not just have my Parrrley and be useless when it's on cooldown.

zxlkcf 05-07-2011 03:26 AM

New Method to attracting idiots -

Ask for Gangplank advice.

Nekrocow 05-07-2011 09:12 AM

Crit builds early are useless without increased Crit Chance runes. It is better to first build damage, lifesteal, then crit.