League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mana Bar on Target (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=6754)

Shadowclaimer 08-26-2009 12:02 AM

Mana Bar on Target

Just a minor suggestion, just shrink the health bar size slightly and add a mana bar underneath, for some heroes its good to target players with more mana, and for others its ideal to avoid heroes with full mana.

08-26-2009 12:05 AM

I already commented this idea with some friends, IMO implementing mana bars its like feeding with your house meat an African level 99 assassin lion.

LoL already lacks some player skill characteristics (maybe implemented later?) like denying, you should at least be fast enough to make a fast strategy in the middle of the battle, if you need, check manas, and do your game. Of course, IMO, some PRO things must be preserved for us, the hardcore queens.

Lollerman 08-26-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profeta (Hozzászólás 69538)
LoL already lacks some player skill characteristics (maybe implemented later?) like denying

Why does spamming S/H repeatedly and letting go to last hit require skill? Last I checked, dota has denying because heroes have high HP relative to the damage they do early game, so denying can be seen as another dynamic for early game... such a feature would be pointless in LoL, where level 1 kills are not only feasible, but both encouraged and frequent.

Adding a mana bar doesn't really give any definitive value in mana, it doesn't actually take away the benefits of diligent players actively scouting out enemy status. If anything, it'll widen the gap between regular casuals and so called "hardcore queens" (as you put it), as players who rely on the mana bar won't be able to accurately deduce if opponents have enough mana to cast certain spells, etc. You might chase down Ryze with 1/3 mana, only to find his 1/3 is your 100%?

I would be in favour of this suggestion if our HP bars stopped showing the silly "brackets"; Makes it way too easy to tell exactly how much HP somebody has.

loveinabottle 08-26-2009 09:12 AM

Signed

EightMegsOnly 08-27-2009 07:17 PM

+1 for adding a mana bar for heroes

Digitalneo 08-28-2009 08:28 AM

Yea, mana bars makes sense.

/signed

raWr CUHz 08-29-2009 05:28 PM

Mana bars for the win.

ERazER 08-30-2009 12:20 AM

I would prefer the option to have numerical values for both health and mana, instead of bars.

Ukjen7 08-30-2009 02:50 AM

If you hadn't noticed....

1. You can click on enemy heros and still controll your hero. Which leads to 2.

2. If you click the hero you'll see his mana.

3. If you click on any hero, you'll see his mana+health pool with numbers.

Digitalneo 08-30-2009 07:15 AM

Ukjen7, they are talking about always visable mana bars on enemy (and ally?) champs.