League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Practice games should have all Champions. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=66786)

Wolamute 02-26-2010 03:00 PM

Practice games should have all Champions.

Why not let us get a preview of the Champions that we want to play as? At least then we could get an understanding of characters and would give newer players more incentive to use the practice game feature rather than mess up a good game for those of us using tier 3 runes....

Just a thought.

What do you guys think? (yes i realize they make more money letting us find out the hard way.)

Remunial 02-26-2010 03:26 PM

I'm sure it would make a lot of people happy but I don't see it happening. I'm willing to bet there are plenty of people who buy a champion before trying them out (especially new champion releases). If they were to let people try those champions out first then most of them probably wouldn't like them as much as their most played champions (meaning they won't pay Riot to buy that champion).

The 10 free champion rotation that they use now is probably the best bet for a company running a free game but still wants/needs money. It makes their players happy by letting them try new champions but also allows those same players to buy the other 35ish champions if they want to use a champion whenever they want. Also, ever notice the most expensive (both IP and RP) champions are rarely on the free rotation? Someone like, say, Twitch will be there and not show up again for a very long time. This makes people who don't want to wait another 2 months to try out Twitch end up buying him.

smithz 02-26-2010 03:37 PM

I just want to be able to play against every hero, I am fine with only having a select few to play, but then again I own almost all the heroes.

Count Yoda 02-26-2010 03:54 PM

Well, although I disagree with allowing you to play as every champion, I would love to see them add some more champion bots to play against.

RiotChris 02-26-2010 04:08 PM

We considered this, but one issue is that unlocking all Champions in practice will drive more people into practice mode and split our player base. More players in MM means shorter queues and better matches. Practice mode is not the best way to experience our game, and we shouldn't make that the superior mode.

- RiotChris

HeyJon 02-26-2010 04:09 PM

^ what he said

02-26-2010 04:10 PM

I think the champion rotation thing is probably your best solution to letting people test out champions, Chris. Thumbs up to whoever suggested that.

02-26-2010 04:21 PM

It would be good to be able to play against all the heroes though :D

Sazabi02 02-26-2010 04:26 PM

How about all champions for solo practice mode?

Demosthenes 02-26-2010 04:57 PM

Ditto for all champs in SOLO practice games. Shouldn't take a ton of programming. Solo really can't hold anyones interest for long regardless of how many heroes are available so it shouldn't be any concern of lost profit or splitting your player base. But it would be a great way for people to try out heroes before buying them.