League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 25

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Why north American People hates Latinos? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=664867)

Lassx 04-15-2011 08:36 AM

Why north American People hates Latinos?

HI, Guys!

Well i bring this Thread to talk about this annoing thing that happen to me a lot when i play Lol with other friends....

First of all, im not from USA or Eu, im from SouthAmerica, Argentina to be more expecific... Im learning english and trying to do the First Certificate Exam, And my biggest wish is to live in USA and work there too as a Game Disinger...(im saying this first cuz i want to whoever read this Thread to understand my feeling and dissapoint about this)

I play 2 or 3 games per day, since im working and i have a lot of work right now, but always thouse 2 or 3 games ended with me feeling bad or sad... and this are the reasons:

1st- Thouse games that i play per day, i usually played with one of my friends that lives here in Argentina, and of course we,mostly of the time, talk in Spanish, and this is the problem .... when i said some word in Spanish, most of the other summoners started talking in All saying something like "Taco" or "Burrito" or some stupid non-sense words like that one.... i said something like "Im not from Mexico, Im from Argentina", and the guys keep trolling at me....

2nd- When i was reading the "Jobs Page" in LOL site,there were a lot of Communities but there werent anyone about Spanish or LatinoAmerica communities, why would u ignore us? At least 20%, more or less, of the ppl who play this game, talk or are from some countryes who talk in Spanish, this make no sense at all, in my oppinion....

i dont know if there is another Thread about this or not, and i dont rly care about, i just want to express what i feel in this moment, cuz i rly love USA, i want to leave there but mostly of ur ppl treat us like scum, or even less that that, and i want to know why?

I want say more for now, if u want to critic or say something about this, then do it, i will read it and talk again soon...

Ultramerican 04-15-2011 08:44 AM

I can only speak for myself, but the frustration mostly comes from playing with people who don't speak your language, which happens to be the #1 language of trade for humans, in a team-based, cooperative game. There is a penalty for leaving games, and even a time penalty for leaving the champion select screen, so we are penalized if we don't play games with people who don't speak our language and generally don't contribute or end up feeding heavily. A lot of people enjoy getting "serious" with this game from time to time, and losing consistently because of teammates from a certain region of the world makes people unhappy with that country/region.

Another reason is that AAUUEHEHUEHUEHUHUHUEHEUHEUEHUE is like nails on a chalkboard to everyone that doesn't speak Spanish/Portuguese natively.

Why do Spanish-speakers refuse to learn English, then go into places where English is spoken and demand to be catered to? It boggles my mind.

idioSyncr4zy 04-15-2011 08:44 AM

I can only respond in regards to the players that troll...

It's a complex issue that boils down to ignorance, intollerance, prejudice, stereotypes and a general lack of good manners. Americans who play this game aren't even friendly to each other for varius reasons: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/

But it is magnified when there is a clear difference between people, and in a game where chat is the only way to give indentifiers, speaking a different language is a biiiiig flag saying "Hey! I'm different!" which then makes people react like even bigger jerks...

Personally... I don't like those players who are just saying things to be jerks either... usually I just ignore them.

Lassx 04-15-2011 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultramerican (Hozzászólás 7941338)
I can only speak for myself, but the frustration mostly comes from playing with people who don't speak your language, which happens to be the #1 language of trade for humans, in a team-based, cooperative game. There is a penalty for leaving games, and even a time penalty for leaving the champion select screen, so we are penalized if we don't play games with people who don't speak our language and generally don't contribute or end up feeding heavily. A lot of people enjoy getting "serious" with this game from time to time, and losing consistently because of teammates from a certain region of the world makes people unhappy with that country/region.

Another reason is that AAUUEHEHUEHUEHUHUHUEHEUHEUEHUE is like nails on a chalkboard to everyone that doesn't speak Spanish/Portuguese natively.

of course if u cant understand my languege, i can also talk in english too, but the problem is that i feel like they are excluding me off the game in fact... i dont know if im expressing every well... i feel like there is a big poster in the Wall that says "SPANISH NOT ALLOWED" or something like that...

Gankattk 04-15-2011 08:53 AM

Everyone has had instances of teamplay falling apart due to lack of communication. People arent trying to hate, but people have come to expect English as the language of the game, and other languages can seem a bit disruptive. You also have to look at it from the other point of view, sometimes summoners flat out dont communicate in english but still do so in other languages.

Lassx 04-15-2011 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy (Hozzászólás 7941350)
I can only respond in regards to the players that troll...

It's a complex issue that boils down to ignorance, intollerance, prejudice, stereotypes and a general lack of good manners. Americans who play this game aren't even friendly to each other for varius reasons: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2004/3/19/

But it is magnified when there is a clear difference between people, and in a game where chat is the only way to give indentifiers, speaking a different language is a biiiiig flag saying "Hey! I'm different!" which then makes people react like even bigger jerks...

Personally... I don't like those players who are just saying things to be jerks either... usually I just ignore them.

i ignore them too, but then i thinking that "Whats the meaning of a Global Online Game?" and the reason is the treat, the communication with other ppls in other countries, and the game is much more fun if we treat everyone the same as the others than jerk or troll to just be the funniest in the game...

Esaru 04-15-2011 08:56 AM

Don't speak any language other than english in game chat. If you want to speak your language, do it in vent. If you don't speak english in chat, you're going to get flamed for it, and for good reason. People don't know what you're saying, you aren't communicating with your team, and it's kind of rude.

idioSyncr4zy 04-15-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esaru (Hozzászólás 7941601)
Don't speak any language other than english in game chat. If you want to speak your language, do it in vent. If you don't speak english in chat, you're going to get flamed for it, and for good reason. People don't know what you're saying, you aren't communicating with them, and it's kind of rude.

What if they don't have vent, or any of the other voice chat programs? If you didn't have a voice chat program and were playing a game with a bunch of people who spoke Polish with a friend who also spoke English... you wouldn't try to communicate with them by speaking english in chat because you wouldn't want to be rude to the Polish speaking majority?

Lassx 04-15-2011 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gankattk (Hozzászólás 7941516)
Everyone has had instances of teamplay falling apart due to lack of communication. People arent trying to hate, but people have come to expect English as the language of the game, and other languages can seem a bit disruptive. You also have to look at it from the other point of view, sometimes summoners flat out dont communicate in english but still do so in other languages.

ill give u a example of that... there is an MMORPG from Argentina calls "Regnum Online", was made in Argentina and Lots of ppl play that game, expecial USA... and we dont treat thouse who play an Spanish main languege different, we treat u the same, of course there are some cases that we jerk, but in this game mostly of the time, ppl are acting like jerk

Esaru 04-15-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idioSyncr4zy (Hozzászólás 7941692)
What if they don't have vent, or any of the other voice chat programs? If you didn't have a voice chat program and were playing a game with a bunch of people who spoke Polish with a friend who also spoke English... you wouldn't try to communicate with them by speaking english in chat because you wouldn't want to be rude to the Polish speaking majority?

The point is that LoL is an American game, and the primary language used is English. The game also requires a high level of communication for successful play. If you can't speak any english, expect to get flamed for it. If you can, and you continue to speak a foreign language, then shame on you.