League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   <MOST UNDERPLAYED in each role??']][p; (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=651562)

kenjou5 04-12-2011 07:44 AM

<MOST UNDERPLAYED in each role??']][p;

who is the most underplayed :
TANK
DPS
MAGE
SUPPORT

Cayten Shift 04-12-2011 11:18 AM

I'll give you three of each since it seems to vary from week to week.
Tank: Alistar, Mao'Kai, Galio.
DPS: Kog'Maw, Pantheon, Sivir (from what I see)
Mage: Swain, Kennen, Cassiopeia (also Gragas depending on what you count him as)
Support: Sona, Kayle, Karma.

KPloggz 04-12-2011 11:22 AM

Kog'Maw is not really a DPS, but I agree with the rest. Whether Kog builds attack speed or ability power, he is primarily magic damage.

Cayten Shift 04-12-2011 11:31 AM

DPS doesn't have to be AD, y'know. =)

TheOmnipotentone 04-12-2011 11:59 AM

Tank= Janna, and yes i've done it mass AP and CDR and her shield creates a tank out of anyone

DPS= Every single mage in the game, never seen a DPS ryze for example

Mage= Cho'gath no argument there, caster build on him is hilarious

Support= Almost any DPS carry hero, Caitlyn, Ashe, Etc.

Slechero 04-12-2011 05:56 PM

Tank - Urgot, I know he isn't a tank normally but one week when he was free Riot had him listed as one of the free tanks for the week...I still refuse that he is a tank, his ult makes him tanky for a few seconds...but thats it.

DPS - Nasus, This guy with a trinity force can dish out some heavy damage but usually he gets delegated to being a tank.

Mage - LeBlanc. I personally have only played LeBlanc once but on one match in particular in a 3v3 she ended up three shotting a slightly fed Kat... it frightened me and I've only seen about one other one that was remotely as amazing.

Support - definitely Kayle. She's pretty good at what she does, she has a heal/haste and a slow then an invuln.... whats not to love? Apparently a lot since I rarely see them =(

Fazalite 04-12-2011 06:17 PM

I dont see tanks period these days, aside from the occasional rammus/shen/amumu... everything else is really w/e

Enix Krynvalus 04-12-2011 06:21 PM

Reasons included

Tank = Urgot(cause he CAN tank if you build him that way), Gragas, Galio, Why? Urgot because no one thinks a ranged character can tank, when he does it quite well if you build him for it.(ill post something on it later), Gragas because he is physically unappealing to a lot of people. You build him tanky hes a crazy good tank. Galio because he needed help, now hes stuck with the stigma he sucks until good players bring him up.

DPS(Carry) = Kog'Maw because he doesnt look as nice as many of the others since there are soo many options, hes also very expensive IP wise. ALso, he takes a large ammount of skill to shine, but once he's shining well, he tears things apart faster than most.

Mage(Nuke) = Leblanc, by far the most underused but my god i can't for the life of me get why. She takes some skill to get used to, but her burst is the highest I think of any character. She can drop most champions in under 2 seconds, even if they are fed once she has a little bit of gear and is at least level 11. I play her regularly now and it's terrifying how fast she tears down even tanks in only a few moments.

Support = Kayle, Kayle is BOTH support and Carry ,but unlike a lot of other characters, she grows into her Carry status, and for the beginning of the game needs to be conservative and play a purely support role until late game. Once she has her gear she is terrifyingly high damage. And her ult is just pure gold. However, I think she might be the hardest character I have ever played

Something Snazzy 04-12-2011 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enix Krynvalus (Hozzászólás 7846612)
Reasons included

Tank = Urgot(cause he CAN tank if you build him that way), Gragas, Galio, Why? Urgot because no one thinks a ranged character can tank, when he does it quite well if you build him for it.(ill post something on it later),

Tankgot ftw. +MR/armor ult that is a grab somewhere between Singed and Blitz? Passive that reduces damage? Decent shield that causes attacks to slow 40%? Area attack that reduces armor 20%? And he still does decent damage and can do okay solo.

Hellfire777 04-12-2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slechero (Hozzászólás 7844632)
DPS - Nasus, This guy with a trinity force can dish out some heavy damage but usually he gets delegated to being a tank.

DPS is how I build Nasus, and it works great. Lifesteal passive makes him heal excessive, any type ov runes with AP glyphs stack with triforce to add another % onto his ult, which is perfect for him as a DPS. Increases dmg, deals % dmg per second, and adds HP so he can tank more... What more do you need? Wither slows their attack speed and move speed by a whopping 35% plus 15%/second at max level. Siphoning has like a 1.1 ratio with his damage and stacks when you get minion kills, and his e reduces armor... Perfect dps.

Sorry about the rant, but back to the point.

Tank - Gragas, he is usually a tank, mostly because ov how the only other way to build him is hybrid, because that's what his skills call for, and hybrid are frowned upon by many LoL players.

DPS - Nasus ov course lol. Don't see why, I guess people just like him as a tank

Mage - Karthus, never see him much, probably because he's a squishy mage who's skills call to be in the heat ov battle, but you sure as hell can't run from him. Hit's insanely high damage, and his ult is great for getting Mejai's stacks though, just like his e.

Support - Definately used to be Soroka, but as soon as the bots began to spam her AOE everyone just kinda started playing her. Now, I guess it would probably be Sona, because I haven't seen her played in a couple weeks