League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Tiamat: Who fits it best? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=648718)

Planarian 04-11-2011 11:57 AM

Tiamat: Who fits it best?

I've been wondering which champs can take advantage of Tiamat the best to get the most out of the AoE effect. It's a stupidly cheap for a +50AD item and that's probably because finding a way to really utilize the AoE is problematic. Specifically, the AoE with on-hit effects like Trist's explosive shot. While Tiamat doesn't proc on the explosion AoE from Trist (thank god, that would be so OP), does it proc on other champ area-type attacks that are actual attacks like Nocturne's Umbra Blades? Never tested it so no clue there.

Who are some good champs to abuse what I think is a very underrated item?

Munzta1 04-11-2011 12:00 PM

Gangplank

Isolated 04-11-2011 12:04 PM

No one.

Planarian 04-11-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artemis Apollo (Hozzászólás 7776365)
No one.

I don't have that champ.

*blink*

As for the Gangplank suggestion a post previous, for a non-GP player, why?

TGTheProdigy 04-11-2011 12:09 PM

tiaplank is the only..viable? option. 5 tiamat+wriggles. But tiamat is terrible, don't get it.

Teldin 04-11-2011 12:11 PM

Tiamat is fun on gangplank only as a sort of "joke" build, but it's still fun nevertheless. His Parrrley ability (a short-ranged gunshot) procs on-hit effects such as Tiamat so you can hit people out of range with it for surprisingly high damage, especially if it crits.

Link Zeppeloyd 04-11-2011 12:12 PM

Am I wrong about Malphite?

With 3 Tiamats he would be getting over 200% splash with +150AD. So assuming with his natural he gets around 250AD, the splash dmg would be dealing over 500.... so..... how is this not awesome?

AreYouReady2Die 04-11-2011 12:19 PM

Crit damage runed gangplank with 2 Tiamats, IE, Phantom Dancer, executioner calling is pretty LOL..

Got me a triple kill once off one parrley that crit for 285% damage and killed all 3 caster/carries that clumped up.

Its also decent on caitlin especially since her ult shot procs it.

Planarian 04-11-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teldin (Hozzászólás 7776546)
Tiamat is fun on gangplank only as a sort of "joke" build, but it's still fun nevertheless. His Parrrley ability (a short-ranged gunshot) procs on-hit effects such as Tiamat so you can hit people out of range with it for surprisingly high damage, especially if it crits.

Yeah but for that matter any ranged AD carry could do the same, some possible better like Ashecrit.

I know there are more effective items out there. But for 210g more than a BF sword you get a BF and a mini-philo stone* (the AoE is just a bonus) which isn't that bad at all.

*edit: on mana-starved melee's that's not too shabby. AD and hp/mana regen in a single slot.

ZXPrototype 04-11-2011 12:23 PM

Trundle.

Tiamat passive procs off wriggles means you have fastest farming in entire game after two items (and then even more with tiamat stacking.) The manaregen means you can give golem buff away, when normally he's very mana hungry.

auto-Q-auto thats three procs of aoe right there.