League of Legends Community
12345 ... 10

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   RE: Queue-dodging penalties (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=64870)

Rumination 02-23-2010 09:14 PM

RE: Queue-dodging penalties

I don't usually make too many posts on these forums (or any forums in general really) but when I heard about this latest RIOT scheme, I felt the need to speak up. Yes there are threads on this all over, but I wanted to make my own so my opinion wouldn't just get drowned in a sea of intellectuals and idiots alike.

Frankly, the fact that you're even considering putting in penalties for queue-dodging makes me wonder about the general level of intelligence of your development team. Let me break this down for you RIOT: I can say with almost absolute certainty that the vast majority of people who play LoL have better things to do than to sit down and log on to their accounts for the sole purpose of joining a game and then clicking the "x" and thinking *Hur Hur, ah just dodged a Q Dur Hur Hur.*

People leave champion selects for a REASON, RIOT. They do not join games just to push 9 other people back into the queue system. There is not a grand plot of secret agents creating LoL accounts in order to leave champ-selects so they can prevent people from playing the game. Perhaps instead of punishing people for not wanting to play your game when they feel that one or more circumstances are not conducive to a good time, maybe...JUST MAYBE...you might want to focus on removing the occurrences of said circumstances. MAYBE, you might consider focusing your efforts on balancing out the weaker heroes in the game and bringing them up to par. But hey, that's just me I guess.

EDIT: spelling error

KirbyHero 02-23-2010 09:16 PM

Don't be outright mean. I <3s Riot.

Pendragon 02-23-2010 09:18 PM

• When you join a matchmaking queue, it should be expected that you're not able to choose your teammates.
  • If you want to choose your teammates, make a premade.
  • There are public chat rooms, forums, a ventrilo service, an IRC service, and lots of third party communities where you can find premade games
  • Choosing your teammates is essentially cheating the matchmaking system into giving you better odds.
  • Queue dodging puts a lot of extra load on servers (people matching many times for a single match)
  • Queue dodging inconveniences 9 other players

That being said, we're not removing queue dodging, we're simply making it a tougher decision. If you ACTUALLY see a Mundo with revive/clarity, dodge it, wait the 3 minutes, queue again.

Bolshoi 02-23-2010 09:19 PM

Bad characters isn't the only reason people queue dodge. Bad team makeups, bad summoner spell choices, basically anything that would indicate that your team is made up of poor players. There's nothing RIOT can do about that.

KirbyHero 02-23-2010 09:21 PM

Mundo with revive/clarity is becoming so memetic I hope they don't actually disable clarity for champs without mana.

Solution Nine 02-23-2010 09:22 PM

League of Legends: First game to ever penalize people for dropping from a pregame lobby.

Pendragon 02-23-2010 09:23 PM

Honestly... the number of times revive/clarity mundo actually happens is so miniscule the argument is more or less invalid, but I felt the need to attack it anyway :).

It's very... "WELL WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN IF AN ASTEROID HITS THE EARTH" ?

Also, keep in mind that we do ban people for intentional feeding, harassment/afk stuff, and another abuses.

Quote:

League of Legends: First game to ever penalize people for dropping from a pregame lobby.
Champion selection is not the pre-game lobby.
Practice games have a pre-game lobby that you can leave at any time.

KirbyHero 02-23-2010 09:24 PM

Liek Desperate Powering for the entire game? QQ ugh, that ruined my day..

Nylfir 02-23-2010 09:24 PM

and thus comes the influx of terribly angry people.

Raiden27d 02-23-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pendragon (Hozzászólás 719421)
  • When you join a matchmaking queue, it should be expected that you're not able to choose your teammates.
  • If you want to choose your teammates, make a premade.
  • There are public chat rooms, forums, a ventrilo service, an IRC service, and lots of third party communities where you can find premade games
  • Choosing your teammates is essentially cheating the matchmaking system into giving you better odds.
  • Queue dodging puts a lot of extra load on servers (people matching many times for a single match)
  • Queue dodging inconveniences 9 other players

That being said, we're not removing queue dodging, we're simply making it a tougher decision. If you ACTUALLY see a Mundo with revive/clarity, dodge it, wait the 3 minutes, queue again.

Wha.. what? You can't be serious? Taking a penalty on ourselves that we don't deserve? Not even mentioning the fact that that's what MCR's want. So nothing will be done about Q dodge forcers? To me that's more heinous than Q dodging because they aren't even taking the punishment for themselves but putting it on someone else or ruining games.

And MCR's may be uncommon now because there's no need to force a Q dodge since there's no penalty on it but... uh... there will be a penalty soon so you don't think the amount of people actually MCR'ing will increase? Just to Q dodge and put a punishment on someone else they deserve? Not that I think it's fair, the punishment, dodgers are people too who just want to have fun like everyone else. Certain things prevent said fun from being realistic in certain matches. For me, it's teaming up with heimer.