League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Malz vs Swain (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=647907)

Solarna 04-11-2011 01:28 AM

Malz vs Swain

Wanting to buy one of them, and don't know who. Opinions please?

Addendum 04-11-2011 04:29 AM

I play Malz, but I always think Swain is scarier.

JohnnyThunder 04-11-2011 04:35 AM

What is your play style? Are you familiar with the moves they have? When I play Malz I prefer to go almost pure AP with a hint of survivability because you can literally drop all four of his spells one after another in a second, and it has a devastating effect. Malz's Q and W are placed anywhere you want, E and R are used to directly target a champ. With Swain Q and E are to directly target a champ, W is a delayed snare placed where you want, and R is a toggle. I personally find Swain to be better when he's built a little beefier, like with RoA, Rylai's, Frozen Heart, Zhonya's, and other items like those. Swain can be scarier because he survives much better, but if it's a 1v1 I would probably still take Malz because Silence, %health ticks, DoT, and Suppress all on one target almost instantly is pretty incredible.

CaptainPl4n8 04-11-2011 04:55 AM

Malz is nuke

Swain is offtank AP

declawd 04-11-2011 05:32 AM

Hello,

I have a game play video I posted awhile back, solo mid as Malzahar vs. a Swain. This may help you decide:

Malz vs Swain Part 1
Malz vs Swain Part 2
Malz vs Swain Part 3
Malz vs Swain Part 4
Malz vs Swain Part 5

The first 2 parts will probably prove most helpful as this shows the laning phase. Hope this helps

Narvuntien 04-11-2011 05:48 AM

Save for both... they are both amazing.

What do you value more amazing farming and great single target firepower (Malz) Or Surviving 4 vs 1 and pinning your opponents down with amazing CC (Swain)

Sandrock7383 04-11-2011 06:54 AM

Both are great, but I like Swain more. His survivability is great.

Artaher 04-11-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by declawd (Hozzászólás 7767293)
Hello,

I have a game play video I posted awhile back, solo mid as Malzahar vs. a Swain. This may help you decide:

Malz vs Swain Part 1
Malz vs Swain Part 2
Malz vs Swain Part 3
Malz vs Swain Part 4
Malz vs Swain Part 5

The first 2 parts will probably prove most helpful as this shows the laning phase. Hope this helps

Ok one do not use this is as a reference, this was one of the most horrible mid fight I've ever seen. If they were going against me neither of them would have done well.

But I will give you this much on the 2 champs and this is the only thing that really matters. An Experience Mid Player, Will always rush a quick silver sash while going against a Malz. It cancel his ultimate out. Sadly it makes his ulty useless in game if a whole team gets it.

Swain ulty makes it where he has to get a bit more closer than a caster normally likes however thanks to Riot update it can no longer be silence. Downside you'll have to pay more attention to what items the enemy team are getting so you may have the proper resistance, to last longer in teamfights

If your use to playing champs that have to get up close and personal I'll say go with swain. If your use to playing the type of caster that is more squishy in the back but a powerful Nuke. Then go with malz

declawd 04-11-2011 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Artaher (Hozzászólás 7770296)
Ok one do not use this is as a reference, this was one of the most horrible mid fight I've ever seen. If they were going against me neither of them would have done well.

I don't want to come off as combative, but I think I know why you commented this way.

What you did not take into account was missing jungler or other laning opponents, hence conservative play. This is ~1650 ELO mid solo play, concentrate on last hitting/zoning, etc. You are looking for 'exciting' mid solo play like your own where everyone stays in their lanes or the mid solo isn't watching out for a gank (cuz in your less than 1k ELO it is much less likely you will be ganked) then watch the lower ELO videos or ARAM, you'll see a lot more reckless pushing and mana-dump 'fighting' each other. :) So, if I or that Swain went against you (which we would not unless you were invited due to your lower ELO) you would be out leveled, out farmed, and probably would have fed our jungler.

My reply here was to give you an idea of decent ELO mid play with both champs, and how they fare vs one another in the laning phase. The videos 3-5 show some more mid to late game play, mostly Malz (due to perspective), including how to set up your abilities to achieve a kill via team assist, solo gank, or lane push, and also how to quickly farm with his abilities.

Havelox 04-11-2011 05:14 PM

Each are countered by a single item.

Swain's ult is countered by Executioner's calling active

While Malz's is countered by Quicksilver sash active.

I would go with Malz just for the fact I see NOBODY get that item, while ignites, and executioner's are everywhere.