League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Malphite mana woes (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=633753)

Pwnacus Maximus 04-05-2011 11:57 AM

Malphite mana woes

I've been having alot of problems with my mana as malphite. I have mana regen blues, start with a doran's ring, everything, yet I seem to be OOM at the worst times when i really need my mana for a full combo, even with all of those. In lane i want to be able to harass as much as possible with Q but that's it, I can just last hit with autoattacks.

I was thinking of building an early chalice instead of dorans ring, since chalice would still be decent because of the MR it provides, and it would solve my mana problems throughout the entire game. what does everyone think?

Blistful 04-05-2011 12:10 PM

clarity

Prometheius 04-05-2011 12:27 PM

Teleport. Mana Crystal.

Pemmin 04-05-2011 12:44 PM

I'll probably get reamed for this, but I'll start with a Meki Pendant which I will turn into a chalice. Not only can I spam my skills, it gives me some MR which I'm always have to receive on Malphite.

Latnemele 04-05-2011 01:13 PM

I second clarity if you are having mana issues. The other option is stop spamming Q in the early game and just focus on harassment/last hits. You are far better off working on a Catalyst for early game sustainability.

Ez0 Prush 04-05-2011 02:22 PM

Catalyst would be a good option, as well as a Chalice.

I would suggest a Glacial Shroud. Surprised no one mentioned that already. Catalyst (for Banshees), then GS and you should be set.

imhuge 04-05-2011 02:33 PM

delay your harass until level 3 or 5 (level 2/3 Q); this will do more than buying Chalice
level 1 Q is not worth spamming

Catalyst/Shroud is good
when I play Malph as support (Flash/Clairvoyance) I get Philosopher Stone 1st or 2nd

Coltane 04-05-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

delay your harass until level 3 or 5 (level 2/3 Q); this will do more than buying Chalice
level 1 Q is not worth spamming

Catalyst/Shroud is good
when I play Malph as support (Flash/Clairvoyance) I get Philosopher Stone 1st or 2nd
^^ This -- lvl 1 Q is not worth it, save your mana, last hit, and only use Q to save yourself or your lane-mate. Once its lvl 2 then start your harass.

I run 9/21/0 with Malphite and MP5/level Seals, always seems to be enough for early/mid game.

EV4L 04-05-2011 07:48 PM

catalyst! worse comes to worse its there if u need to build the banshes for the mr if not build it later stack ur armor up!

Vainfall 04-05-2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus (Hozzászólás 7588114)
I've been having alot of problems with my mana as malphite. I have mana regen blues, start with a doran's ring, everything, yet I seem to be OOM at the worst times when i really need my mana for a full combo, even with all of those. In lane i want to be able to harass as much as possible with Q but that's it, I can just last hit with autoattacks.

I was thinking of building an early chalice instead of dorans ring, since chalice would still be decent because of the MR it provides, and it would solve my mana problems throughout the entire game. what does everyone think?

I'd ignore the clarity-people. really not worth it, to be honest.

I run mp/5@18 blues/yellows, usually meditation, and grab a chalice. 890 gold for infinite mana and magic resistance..... yes, please.

If not that, catalyst is always amazing on any champ that buys a bveil (everyone)