League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Galio at low summoner levels (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=619931)

Hiicantpk 03-30-2011 07:58 PM

Galio at low summoner levels

After playing Galio (and shen but thats another story) for the past free week, I really took a liking to his tanky-ness while still being able to lane effectively and stuff.

Anyways, I have looked up a bunch of guides on Galio, but they all suit to players already at level 30. I am currently only at level 8, so I am not sure which of the 9/21/0 i should be getting at my level, what skills i should be leveling up at what times, how i should buy certain items and how to act in teamfights.

Are there any guides out there that adress Galio at lower summoning levels (10-15 should be good for me, I plan on leveling up to 10 very soon)?

Seelyon 03-30-2011 08:27 PM

Most guides can be applied to lower levels, just ignore runes and masteries. Here is a Galio guide that should help.

As for masteries, I would use your 9 points to go down the offensive tree for the spell penetration, your extra points can either go into utility or defensive (its not going to matter since its only going to be a few points).

I cant rememeber what summoner spells are available to you at level 10, but the guide does suggest a total of 6 possible summoner spells.

Eph289 03-30-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hiicantpk (Hozzászólás 7428512)
After playing Galio (and shen but thats another story) for the past free week, I really took a liking to his tanky-ness while still being able to lane effectively and stuff.

Anyways, I have looked up a bunch of guides on Galio, but they all suit to players already at level 30. I am currently only at level 8, so I am not sure which of the 9/21/0 i should be getting at my level, what skills i should be leveling up at what times, how i should buy certain items and how to act in teamfights.

Are there any guides out there that adress Galio at lower summoning levels (10-15 should be good for me, I plan on leveling up to 10 very soon)?

It's going to be very hard to play Galio to his full potential without Flash. Flashing into a group of people to use his ultimate is almost essential if you're trying to get most of the enemy team.

You should put your first seven points into defense. Take 3 in added magic resist, 1 in armor, and all 3 in Strength of Spirit. Your next point should go into Utility. If you don't have Flash, take Ghost and improve it. Your other spell should probably be Exhaust (take the improved version if you do) or Teleport. Clarity is good if you want more mana and Clairvoyance just becomes more and more awesome the better you get at the game.

If (when) you have Flash and get more mastery points, put your remaining points into meditation for mana regen and the experience mastery. It won't matter whether you take Good Hands or Perseverance, they're both meh at best, just put 4 points into that first row and go from there.

Items? If you can survive early, get a Meki Pendant and two health potions. Build it into a Chalice of Harmony. Your boots should be Mercury Treads. Then get an Aegis of the Legion and a Banshee's Veil. After that, it'll depend on what type of the damage your enemies are using more of--Abyssal Scepter for more MR or Thornmail/Randuin's/Frozen Heart for more armor.

If you can't survive early and have trouble farming, start with a Doran's Ring and then aim for a Catalyst the Protector. Turn Catalyst into a Banshee's Veil, get your Aegis and Treads as well.

Here's my Galio guide for a reference. It is aimed at level 30s, but you can get a lot of general gameplay advice there.

Warrrax 03-31-2011 10:28 AM

I highly recommend taking CLARITY. Without the mana regen runes he is a beast of a mana hog.

Take Meki +2pots and upgrade to Chalice. Normally this is plenty (well, almost). HOWEVER, this assumes you have 3MP/5 from Meditation Mastery and up to 8MP/5 from runes, all of which get multipled by Chalice. YOU DONT HAVE THIS. Soo, you will need mana throughout the game.

Clarity will ensure that you can at least keep spamming Gust during laning until you can get your Chalice....then it will ease the mana demands for most of the game.

Hiicantpk 03-31-2011 01:17 PM

Thanks, this should help me out greatly when i get the IP to buy Galio fully (or when he is free the next time). I would go make these changes now, but my internet died out at the perfect time to get my suspended for 3 days.

Warrrax 04-01-2011 06:38 AM

I recommend making multiple accounts if you have that problem. When you do buy champs, spread em out over your various accounts. That way when 1 gets suspended, you just play on your secondary accounts.

In any case, Galio is not very strong at all but is extremely expensive.

On the other hand, NUNU is 450 IP and is very similar to Galio. They both are tanky/AP/support. Their Ults are similar... Galio has shutdown and relability, Nunu has massive damage and slow.

Galio has a bad shield. nunu has an awesome AS and movespeed buff that lasts 15 seconds (!) that also affects him for free.

Galio has weak damage low AP ratio, high cooldown AoE spells that eat mana. This gives him more assists and fantastic poking ability, but is difficult to manage the mana issues.
Nunu has a spammable 1.0AP ratio iceblast that also slows enemy movespeed and attack speed.

Nunu is tougher overall and can also jungle and has an exceptional self-heal. He has a passive that gives him free spells and has much less mana issues. He also is not forced to go heavy magic resist and is more of a generalist. He also has a better early game.

Give him a shot instead of Galio.

Jiggybuns 04-01-2011 06:46 AM

I've played some low-level galio (levels 6-10ish) and a LOT of high level Galio (level 30 ranked on another account) and found the playstyle to often differ greatly. Best bet with low-level Galio I've found is this:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...-0-0-0-0-0-0-0

TP mastery is invaluable as a tank at low levels, as it lets you "reset" very quickly. Meditation (even one point) can help you stay in the game.

Galio without flash is an interesting beast, because what you should actually build is more of an ap/support role than a pure tanking role.

I'd recommend Mana Crystal/2hp pots to start, get a catalyst asap. After that I'd build to maximize MR and grab ap or support items whenever you can. Morello's tome is absurdly good for this role at low levels, before runes and deep masteries make the mp/5 essentially a moot point.

You should be insanely good at farming with q/e combo, so money should not be an issue. Get your items asap and save your ult until the enemy engages your team. At low levels, they will often not react quickly enough to survive if you save it for after a teamfight has begun. Remember that at low levels Galio makes a poor initiator, but he is AWESOME at finishing fights that have already been started. He is very hard to escape from, puts out amazing harass, and is beefy enough to chase down stragglers well after a fight.