League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   A little help with my builds... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=619519)

DrScientist 03-30-2011 03:40 PM

A little help with my builds...

Hey guys, I've been experimenting around with several different builds for my champions lately, and am hoping you can lend some advice, especially for some of the champs I haven't been doing so great with.

These are the champs I own (as well as how good I am with them, at least in relation to the other champs, definitely not in relation to other players...)

Ashe (main)
Veigar (main)
Nasus (main)
Mordekaiser (decent)
Ryze (decent)
Master Yi (mostly decent, every now and then I'll fail epically though...)
Annie (fail, and I really couldn't tell you why)
Lux (just bought the other day, still sort of figuring it out)
Sion (same as lux)

So here goes:

Ashe
Start: Dagger, health potion
1) Upgrade dagger to Zeal
2) Boots of Speed, then Boots of Swiftness
3) Upgrade Zeal to Phantom Dancer
4) Last Whisper
5) Infinity Edge
6) Black Cleaver
7) ??? (games don't usually last this long)

I've had pretty good success with this build, but I'm sure it's far from optimal. I find that thing's are usually looking tight until I get phantom dancer, then my enemies just sort of start dying. Though in general I think success with Ashe depends more on your skill with her ult than your build, but she really likes that extra attack speed.

Veigar
Start: Doran's Ring
1) Amplifying Tome
2) Boots of Speed
3) Upgrade Amplifying Tome to Mejai's Soulstealer
4) Upgrade Boots of Speed to Sorcerer's Shoes
5) Deathfire Grasp
6) Rabadon's Deathcap
7) Usually Archangel Staff, maybe Void Staff if my opponents are tanky
8) Sell Doran's Ring and get another Archangel/Void Staff

I haven't had any bad games with Veigar since I started using this build, but I've noticed that it can be difficult to recover from a death since you lose some of your AP from Soulstealer (and once you get to a certain level, all your opponents tend to get all OMG GET VEIGAR!!!). I'm also not confident on the last 2 items, but I haven't really explored all my options there either.

Nasus
Start: Doran's Shield
1) Mercury's Treads
2) Aegis of the Legion
3) Sunfire Cape
4) Trinity Force
5) Guardian Angel

Never quite sure where to go from here, since I can obviously sell Doran's Shield for something better, but I'm not sure what. I've only been in that situation a couple times though, since this is a very expensive build.

Mordekaiser
I actually can't remember what I use with Mordekaiser, since he was never one of my mains and I got him more so I'd have another tank to use if I didn't want to use Nasus. I know I start with Regrowth Pendant and get Mercury's Treads, Warmog's Armor, Sunfire Cape, and Thorn Mail, but other than that I really can't remember, which is weird cause it's not like I never use him, just not as often. Maybe I'd remember if I just went through a game.

Ryze and Annie
Start: Sapphire Crystal, 2 health potions
1) Boots of Speed
2) Upgrade Sapphire Crystal to Catalyst the Protector, then to Rod of Ages
3) Upgrade Boots of Speed to Sorcerer's Shoes (sometimes this is between Catalyst and Rod)
4) Rabadon's Deathcap
5, 6, 7) Archangel Staves until the end of the game

This works pretty well for Ryze, but I've never been as good with him as I have with Veigar (which seems a bit weird). I also have no idea why I fail so epically with Annie. I keep hearing that she's really good, and I believe it cause I've seen people own face with her, but for whatever reason I just can't use her. I'm thinking it's gotta be the build, cause I'm pretty decent at timing her stun, and I've been told that that's the key, so I don't know. Any tips for her in general would be appreciated in addition to the build.

Master Yi
Start: Vampiric Scepter
1) Upgrade Vampiric Scepter to Emblem of Valour
2) Berzerker Greaves
3) Phantom Dancer
4) Upgrade Emblem of Valour to Stark's Fervor
5) Black Cleaver
6) After this I usually go for more attack speed, things like Sword of the Divine, if I'm doing well on gold I'll go for infinity edge.

I'm very hit and miss with Yi, but he's a whole lot of fun to use so that doesn't really bother me. It's just sort of tough to deal with the fact that my team's success generally depends on weather I'm having a good game or not. I've also noticed that I tend to get put on teams who seem unwilling to commit to fights in solo queue when I choose Yi, so I don't know. Maybe my playstyle doesn't suit him, or maybe the build could be better.

As far as Lux and Sion go, I've only played a couple games with either of them, so I don't really have any set builds. Any nudges in the right direction would be awesome though!

Thanks for the help!

Seelyon 03-30-2011 07:17 PM

Ill comment on who i can, and i will include links where possible:

Ashe: Basically you either want to rush a Brutaliser or an Infinty Edge (taking the B.F. Sword first), this will depend on how well you are going. Dont have Last Whisper locked into your item build its situational (although you'll probably get it more games then not, but the timing of getting this item will change each game). See this Ashe Guide

Nasus: Cant really go wrong with him, his builds are pretty standard and you've got it down. You seem to lack magic resistance though, Banshee's Veil + Force of Nature are needed against AP heavy teams (and just a Banshee against balanced teams), See this Nasus Guide

Ryze: Horrible Build, you only want 1 archangels and you want it at the start of the game to you can fill it up quickly. Deathcap is useless on him as he has basically no AP scaling, you get more benefit from defensive items that have mana attached to them. See this Ryze Guide

Annie: Horrible build again, i main Annie in ranked and she is a complete early-mid game beast.You've got the early Rod of Ages right but Annie really does not need an Archangel's, you want to grab a Deathfire Grasp or Morello's for mana regeneration (& cooldown reduction), if you cant use the DFG active in your combo is when you get Morello's. Also Deathcap is meh on Annie, poor ratios again, if you are carrying hard then yeh, otherwise go more utility items like Rylais, DFG (as mentioned before) and abyssal scepter for the magic resistance debuff.)Annie Guide

Lux: My 2nd ranked main, very strong and fun. Sorc Shoes > Mejais > Morello's > Deathcap is the standard, obviously you dont want mejais every game though. See Lux Guide

SionAssuming AP then you want Dorans Ring > DeathCap > LichBane with a mix of DFG/abyssal/zhonya for defenses + harder nuke, id recommend colbycheeze's AP sion tutorial and montage video: http://www.colbycheeze.com/ap-sion-t...gue-of-legends

Hope that helps.

DrScientist 03-31-2011 04:01 PM

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm curious about th eidea that attack speed isn't that great on Ashe, since I've found once I get phantom dancer I'm attacking fast enough to keep slowing an enemy champ so they can't get away. Just curious though, cause I started doing that because I wasn't getting enough money to effectively rush Infinity Edge. I could probably try it again though, I'm level 18 now and have not tried that since maybe level 10.

I guess with Ryze and Annie I was just sort of thinking Wizard = Ability Power. I knew my general failure with Annie had tp be related to my build. Those guides look pretty helpful too, I'll have to read them in more detail when I get the chance.

Addicts 03-31-2011 04:09 PM

with ashe i like to start with dorans blade then buy boots and 2 more blades while u save moeny for ut bf sword, then rush zeal or finish infinity edge then defensive item like banshees

DrScientist 03-31-2011 06:32 PM

Never thought of buying more Doran's Blades, though I have started with it a couple times. My only thought with doran's items is that you don't have enough for any health potions, and that makes me nervous (though I do exactly that with Nasus and Veigar, and Vampiric Scepter on Yi soesn't let me take any health potions either, so I guess it doesn't make me that nervous). Everything about the Infinity Edge is expensive though, I guess that's why I don't like rushing it. It must work though , cause I keep getting told to do that.

Anyone have any thoughts on my builds for Veigar and Yi? I like my Veigar build, but I still think it has some kinks to work out (I can't decide if it's worth getting soulstealer, since he's squishy, but you can get a lot of AP that way if you can keep yourself alive). Yi, as I have said, is hit and miss. I just don't know how much of that is me, how much is build, and how much is dependent on my team.

I appreciate all the help so far. In fact, I haven't used Ryze or Annie in a while, so I might just go do that for a bit...

Seelyon 03-31-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrScientist (Hozzászólás 7454233)
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm curious about th eidea that attack speed isn't that great on Ashe, since I've found once I get phantom dancer I'm attacking fast enough to keep slowing an enemy champ so they can't get away. Just curious though, cause I started doing that because I wasn't getting enough money to effectively rush Infinity Edge. I could probably try it again though, I'm level 18 now and have not tried that since maybe level 10.

I guess with Ryze and Annie I was just sort of thinking Wizard = Ability Power. I knew my general failure with Annie had tp be related to my build. Those guides look pretty helpful too, I'll have to read them in more detail when I get the chance.

Attack Speed is good on Ashe just not first, it does allow you to constantly slow, but you dont have enough damage to back it up to be worthwhile (Volley scales nicely with AD remember). If your having trouble getting the money you really need to work on last hitting minions for the gold, this will get easier as play more often.

What you did for Ryze and Annie is a common mistake, Ryze gets damage from mana and if check how much extra damage he gets from ability power its basically nothing. The same goes for Annie, she has amazing base skill damage but poor AP scaling so magic penetration is more effective for her as a stat.