League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Most (high elo) viable melee dps? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=61864)

xSJx 02-17-2010 03:45 AM

Most (high elo) viable melee dps?

Just curious to see who people think are the best melee dps champs for higher elo games. I'm assuming shaco :). Seems like a lot of melee carry types are considered terrible (jax, warwick, etc...). How many of them are actually viable?

Rezoh 02-17-2010 03:57 AM

My vote goes to Shaco

Vidal 02-17-2010 04:08 AM

Yi is also good but you have to go tanky because you will be the first to die in teamfights also poppy and udyr are good poppy can go tank or triforce dps either way we will own.

Soookayyy 02-17-2010 04:31 AM

How is jax a terrible melee dps hero? He packs incredible damage. can easily have 30% dodge. In a 1on1 fight vs any other melee dps he is incredible. Not to mention he has an AOE stun and a really good chasing ability. I use jax all the time in lvl 30 games and i always come out with a positive record 2:1 at bare minimum.

Shaco is very good too nothing wrong with him. alot of shaco players are terrible and die entirely way too much trying and failling at ganks, but its not the hero its them and theres alot of them

xSJx 02-17-2010 05:05 AM

I love using jax, and I think he kicks ass too. But it seems like lots of people rag on him, and consider him no good in high level games. I like pantheon also, good early game harass with spears. Not sure if he's considered a good champ :P.

Kritara 02-17-2010 06:17 AM

I would still say it's trydamere, by value of his ulti alone. melee dps has a habit of getting focused down first, Tyrd's ulti let's him take the dmg and ignore death for 6 seconds, He's got the highest chance of surviving a team battle if it goes wrong. Shaco with deceive and flash, is also good at getting away, but he can't spend as much time in the mix.

That being said, Shaco is still very good cause he can go from behind and knock out their ranged carries.

So it's up to your personal play style. Yi is decent, but any team worth their salt will focus him, and now since they seperated blind into miss change and movement debuff, his OPness of highlander is reduced a bit. I'd vote shaco and tryd as top viable high elo melee dps.

Oh yeah, Jax is pretty good at well, but he's got a glarying weakness of being squishy, so casters can destroy him fast. His dodge is also easily negated by divine sword. So being squishy, and having his defense totally negated by an item = not so good. Viable, but not the better choice.

Haplo 02-17-2010 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kritara (Hozzászólás 685030)
I would still say it's trydamere, by value of his ulti alone. melee dps has a habit of getting focused down first, Tyrd's ulti let's him take the dmg and ignore death for 6 seconds, He's got the highest chance of surviving a team battle if it goes wrong. Shaco with deceive and flash, is also good at getting away, but he can't spend as much time in the mix.

That being said, Shaco is still very good cause he can go from behind and knock out their ranged carries.

So it's up to your personal play style. Yi is decent, but any team worth their salt will focus him, and now since they seperated blind into miss change and movement debuff, his OPness of highlander is reduced a bit. I'd vote shaco and tryd as top viable high elo melee dps.

Oh yeah, Jax is pretty good at well, but he's got a glarying weakness of being squishy, so casters can destroy him fast. His dodge is also easily negated by divine sword. So being squishy, and having his defense totally negated by an item = not so good. Viable, but not the better choice.

Trynd seems pretty poop as of late simply because of the change to ignite giving healing reduction.

Slide 02-17-2010 06:32 AM

Id have to vote for Pantheon.

He has a ranged nuke for harassment.

He has a leap stun for chasing/initiating

He has great AoE damage from heartseeker.

His passive gives him great laning presence as well as better defense then most melee dps.

Supreme map prescence through his ult. As well as phenominal tower defense.

The passive of heartseeker gives him an advantage in 1V1 as once they are low enough, he one shots people.

Thats an awful lot of utility for a melee DPS champ and hence why he gets my vote.

xahhfink6 02-17-2010 09:53 AM

Uhhh.. i don't play him but I think the obvious answer is Nasus

Benoit 02-17-2010 12:22 PM

The only viable option in high elo games is Nidalee.