League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why is Twitch so useless? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=618110)

Calamity Gundam 03-29-2011 09:31 PM

Why is Twitch so useless?

Hey guys,

Just started playing Twitch. Played two games, did horribad in both (positive k/d but was useless whole game).

I would let the team initiate, and then would sneak in and try to ult. Unfortunately I would get in two shots of the ult if lucky before being wasted.

Also, when at mid vs Heimerdinger I could do nothing but sit at the tower and get creep kills. I mean really that's all I could do. As soon as I killed a turret up would pop a new one. He basically was regenning mana faster than I could make him use it. His turrets beat my arse and my creep waves back more times than I care to count. He could have went to another lane and his turrets could still hold me off. What is the deal? I was the same level as Heimer with attack masteries armor pen runes and some hp/mag res runes.

I am not playing completely blindly, I was using this guide: http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...back.xhtml#top

I understand Twitch is a player killer. Great, fantastic. But why play him when any nuke champion in the game can waste champs AND creeps faster? Anivia comes to mind. Heck even Caitlyn can at least hold her own in mid.

Any tips appreciated.

Epsilon2012 03-29-2011 09:45 PM

Twitch in Mid?

-Your a small person trying to run through a hallway filled with large things...

-Some things are possible with skill...but just not practical in use...

kwjnfkjsdg 03-29-2011 10:09 PM

Twitch is definitely NOT useless...as with any carry, twitch needs a good tank and team to protect him. i could take your post, and replace the words 'twitch' with 'ashe' or 'miss fortune' and it would still hold truth.

you also generally don't want to take mid lane with twitch, at least in my experience. he's not the strongest mid, and it's much more obvious when you're mia. the ideal situation is when you're laning with a tank or support, so you can get your farm on, and still go mia and not have to worry about your lane. also, fyi, caitlyn's forte is early game, of course she's an amazing mid. caitlyn's job early game is to deny the enemy mid beyond reparation. heimerdinger is also another very very powerful mid; if you don't play safe you'll find yourself, and your tower, dead in under 10 min.

you also need to build survivability. just because hes stealth doesnt mean hes any different from any other carry. you need your banshee's. you need your health, you need that mitigation. having 800 damage crits at 2.5 attack speed is nothing when you can barely live past 2 shots, as you clearly admitted.

Chingmeister 03-29-2011 10:10 PM

Twitch is not a laner. This is my understanding of Twitch:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=519129

I often build dorans, boots, wriggles, and then go from there...

Twitch wins or loses most games in under 5 minutes.

mojib 03-30-2011 12:22 AM

first off, you didn't pick a very good twitch guide to follow.

Some major flaws in the guide are:
maxing expunge first--you definitely will not get the opportunity to hit someone 6 times in a row unless your teammates are chain cc'ing for you. (this should actually be maxed second)
debilitating poison is maxed last--this is twitch's best ability imo. it effectively slows the WHOLE team for 30% at zero poison stacks. this ability is AMAZING in a team fight. (this should be maxed first)
he recommends starks--gee, way to make the enemy team's job easier, the armor reduction aura is a dead giveaway that a twitch is nearby

secondly, twitch is wasted in middle. he only had 500 range on his autoattack. most ranged champs who take mid have around 600 range. also, he doesn't have any hard escape abilities or burst. he works best on a side lane, where an ally can take advantage of your slow.

Twitch is not useless, he has one of the best slows in the game. Think of him like Ashe, more of a utility dps champ who can spam a slow on the enemy team. He's not really meant to be a full on hard carry.

Zizheng 03-30-2011 01:55 AM

Twitch just requires a bit of skill to play, like Eve or most Junglers/Gankers. Its hard to pick up, but hes fun as **** when u get the hang of him =D.

acosn 03-30-2011 02:19 AM

He's "useless" in the sense that if you can't stock some player kills early game he looses a lot of his punch late game. Then again you can say that about many characters. Generally your goal should be to either net enough kills early game that you yourself can carry your team, or just merely beat the **** out of the other team's champions so much that they have to retreat anyways, thus netting you tower kills.

Don't fall into the mindset that his ult is everything late game- I've seen Twitches implode when they try to ult a team that's perfectly positioned for it, but remembered what a thornmail is.

Warrrax 03-30-2011 04:51 AM

You have to remember that a lot of his power is contained in his stealth.

If you are mid, stealth really doesn't do much for you. Actually when laning in general, stealth is weak and thus so are you.

Fortunately, the stealth ability also has the tasty Attack Speed boost so it is still usable when laning. You will stealth, then move to the side of your target and let loose. Get in about 2 or 3 shots and whether they run or move to attack, you scoot so you don't eat Minion damage. Then Expunge em for some bonus damage. Repeat.

I like maxing expunge early (or at least take 3 points) because this is the ONLY time it is useful! It scales poorly so either use it early or skip it.
Assuming you can get in 3 attacks (which is doable due to AS boost and stealth), it hits for 90, 150, 210, 270, 330 which is pretty strong for such a long range autohit nuke.

1 rank in slow is good enough and gives you 2 seconds duration. More ranks ups the duration ONLY and nothing else.

Your innate poison is pretty good too. It basically adds 15 damage over time every shot, and increases every 5th level or so.

So, as long as you position yourself to not take undue creep damage, you can outshoot Ashe and the like. +30% AS, +15 dmg poison, and a large nuke ensure you will win. Creeps are your worst enemy since their damage adds up fast.

Since you will trade damage, I like the Regrowth Pendant -> Philo Stone. Lots of health regen and plenty of mana for the whole game. Extra gold is nice too.

Gunflame 03-30-2011 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acosn (Hozzászólás 7408575)
He's "useless" in the sense that if you can't stock some player kills early game he looses a lot of his punch late game. Then again you can say that about many characters. Generally your goal should be to either net enough kills early game that you yourself can carry your team, or just merely beat the **** out of the other team's champions so much that they have to retreat anyways, thus netting you tower kills.

Don't fall into the mindset that his ult is everything late game- I've seen Twitches implode when they try to ult a team that's perfectly positioned for it, but remembered what a thornmail is.

Twitch lategame is sick with or without champion kills.

You need to learn how to play

SPF40 03-30-2011 05:31 AM

I think you should also keep in mind twitch has been nerfed hard in the few last patches. Mainly the way his ult works and the dmg output.