League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Banshee's Veil-Why bother? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=617244)

Mr Threepwood 03-29-2011 03:30 PM

Banshee's Veil-Why bother?

Long story short, it's great on champs that don't want to be interupted. But the reason your not going FoN is because of the bubble right?

QSS gives more MR at a cheaper price (no health, no mana) and allows you to CHOOSE which spell to ignore every minute. Now, on a kat or nunu, or maybe even fiddle, clearly you're still going BV, but I like being able to clear malz, WW, vlad, morde and so on's ulty, not to mention that pesky ignite. Because of the low cost I'm getting it a fair sight earlier too, which is saving my life from those nasty CCs faster.

Mr Threepwood 03-29-2011 03:31 PM

I'm unsure as to why this isn't posting...

Long story short, it's great on champs that don't want to be interupted. But the reason your not going FoN is because of the bubble right?

QSS gives more MR at a cheaper price (no health, no mana) and allows you to CHOOSE which spell to ignore every minute. Now, on a kat or nunu, or maybe even fiddle, clearly you're still going BV, but I like being able to clear malz, WW, vlad, morde and so on's ulty, not to mention that pesky ignite. Because of the low cost I'm getting it a fair sight earlier too, which is saving my life from those nasty CCs faster.

GarnetJewel 03-29-2011 04:47 PM

This man got dubz!!!!111

Shiroikiri 03-29-2011 04:49 PM

De Ja Vu~ (no really, I just had de ja vu @.@ lol)

I keep forgetting about QSS... I need to get it more! lol

acosn 03-29-2011 04:52 PM

A brief look at MR items:

Banshee's Veil: Taken because the other team has AP characters mostly focused around singular burst damage spells, or sequential casting. Characters like Sion and Veigar hate seeing Bashee's Veil because if their initial spell doesn't land they don't have much to work with. Characters like Karthas don't like it because it can take one critical spell out of the equation.

Force of Nature: Taken because your character can actually make use of all three stats it gives. Characters like Mundo, Mordekaiser and Tryndamere spend health to cast their spells rather than mana so the HP regeneration it grants off-sets that. MR is a given, and they can't not like extra movement speed. Generally you only take this with characters that have no mana, and high HP.

Quicksilver Sash: Taken because you either forgot cleanse or because you're a melee-centric character that really, really can't afford to take that extra stun, snare, or w/e to the face. Unfortunately it doesn't actually block any spell. You still take the full effects of it, but assuming you remember to use the on-use effect can mitigate the CC.

corallein 03-29-2011 04:54 PM

QSS doesn't block spells.
BV also really hurts the burst combos of many AP casters (eg. Kassadin, Annie, Leblanc, Sion) because their damage is all from abilities that have non-negligible cooldowns and are consequently really ****ed by you blocking one of their spells.

That's on top of all the MR and health and mana you get, and the building from Catalyst.

corallein 03-29-2011 05:11 PM

Against burst, sure QSS + Giant's Belt might be better.
But in a poking scenario or an extended team fight, BV is better because it blocks a spell every 45 seconds.
There's been numerous times where I or the enemy has gotten away because their BV came up right before my stun/slow CD came up (or I got in range to use said stun/slow).

Banshee's is just better than QSS in most scenarios, and it also has a far better benefit-per-item-slot than QSS when that becomes an issue during the late-game. Which isn't to say that QSS is bad, but it's more situational than BV.

ComradeHX 03-29-2011 05:19 PM

QSS can do a uber-cleanse, but it DOES NOT block the damage.
QSS + giant's belt is taking up TWO slots.

BV gives mana and hp; both of which a carry will need unless it does not use mana.

SynergyDreamer 03-29-2011 05:34 PM

Sometimes blocking that Ezreal or Ashe ult is better than negating that Warwick or Malzahar ult.
Also, unlike QSS or FoN, BV allows a Katarina or Nunu ult to keep going. :]