League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Help me beat my metagame (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=607375)

GarnetJewel 03-25-2011 12:06 PM

Help me beat my metagame

Im at low elo in 5v5 and the metagame looks like this

-Communication is at a minimum. There is enough arguement so that the team will actually become MORE coordinated if nobody talks.
-Every champion has ignite. The other common picks are heal, ghost, exhaust.
The other summoner spells do not exist.
-There is a moderate physical/magic damage imbalance, most games will feature
more physical than magic damage
-Ranged dps do not exist with the exception of teemo.
-Garen or Morde is in every game. They will always build only tank items
-Katarina is in every game
-There is no hard cc of any kind except for garen's silence
-Amumu and ramus are perma banned. Shen and Malphite are almost always banned
-Tanks and support characters are never played. If they are they will be extremly bad.
-Each team will only have a 50% chance to get a jungler. Counter-jungling does not exist
-The consumables tab is never touched
-Squishies will never build any defensive items and the ad will rarely build life-steal
-A typical game consists of 2 tanky dps, at least one will go all tank gear,
2 dpsers, and myself. If there is a bursty champion it will be kat

Whats the ideal champion to dominate my crappy elo

mcm00 03-25-2011 12:12 PM

Morde. With 3 warmogs.

Xienwolf 03-25-2011 12:17 PM

Anyone. Everyone.

To get out of that ELO, you just have to do the opposite of each of your bullet points really. Choose for yourself a jungler or a solid ranged champion, preferably with a decent CC. Stack good armor and amazing damage in your build. Use all 3 potions and place frequent wards.

Really, the wards alone should do great for you.

Prometheius 03-25-2011 12:18 PM

Kass, Sion, Annie, Anivia.

Grab Lich Bane on them. Build slightly tanky. Snowball. Proceed to kite and dominate.

Mr Threepwood 03-25-2011 12:26 PM

^^^
This, someone with good CC. Anivia or Annie would be my recomendation, though sion can jungle (not terribly well, but he can) so learn that if you're going to use him if no one else jungles. AP Sion btw, not AD. Anivia punishes melee champs HARD, if you play her well against a mainly melee team, facerolling will ensue. Teemo is practically melee... Just remember to save a frost shot for kat's ulty. Another option would be to take a tank, of course the only good ones are normally banned, but singed and maokai may not be bad, especially against almost all melee.

Edit: Anivia gets eaten by yi and olaf (Yi will alpha through a wall if you try to block yourself, and neither can be chilled during the ult meaning your E is doing half damage, very hard to land flash frost on yi, doesn't work on ulting olaf), so if you're having problems with them...

Zagurim 03-25-2011 12:26 PM

Sion is a great choice in my opinion. When I went back and pub stomped a couple of games with people I got to join LoL the lower level players seem to have extreme problems dealing with CC, in particular stuns. Sion's stun is also a glaring "ATTACK HIM" sign in low elo that will help focus your team's attacks.

Jebbou 03-25-2011 12:42 PM

I have yet to reach level 30, and I face the same problem you face all the time. I tried playing tanks or support characters, and it often does not help the overall game, even if I play well. Tanking does not help much if your fellow teammates do not charge behind you, and junglers do not help much if the player going solo is feeding the opposing 2on1. I realized than I cannot address all issues by myself, and trying to do so often lead me to fall behind and experience a lot of frustration. My advice would be:

1) Befriend the people that do well in your games, with whom you enjoyed laning and had a good synergy. They won't really be your friends, but you can invite them to a premade, improve communication, discuss summoner spell selection, coordinate the team composition, balance the damage a bit, and balance the burden of purchasing wards. Even coordinating with one person could make a huge difference. This is the only way I've seen that I could really change the way games go, without experiencing a lot of frustration.

2) The other alternative is pick a carry and try to carry the game in spite of everything. This is pretty much a poor gamble, but unless you can become a one man army, there is no way to address all those issues at once.

bladeofwill 03-25-2011 12:49 PM

Anyone you are good with, if the teams are really that bad.

If you are good with nothing, go for a tanky dps that ether can jungle or dominate a lane. Tanky dps because, if your decent, allow you to rack up kills on squishies without getting exploded easy against bad teams, especially ones without real tanks.

Gunflame 03-25-2011 01:04 PM

Jungle eve
Nocturne
Twisted Fate.
Renekton
Udyr
Sivir
Swain
Twitch
Shaco
Chogath
Trundle
Nasus

Basically pick a champion that:
- Does some nice damage
- Tanky
- Extremely good at ganking.
- Good pusher

I know TF/Eve/Tw/shaco are not tanky... but their ganking power is beyond amazing so they work well enough.

Another option is to get a sivir or another tower breaker.

I advice against Shen, Soraka, Sona, Janna, Rammus and other low damage champions that depend on team coordination.

kira helion 03-25-2011 01:14 PM

Look at your own gameplay as well. Not every loss is your teammates fault.

Things don't always work out as it seems at first. If you can make good judgements playing carries is the way to go. Remember to be ready to counter whatever the other team has. Your strategy has to change based on the way the game is turning out as well.

At the end of the day though, this is a team game and you will need a better team overall to win. Just take your win/loss in stride and eventually you will get out of ELO hell or at least enjoy the process.