League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   how do you counter warwick when hes not jungling (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=576103)

illya244God 03-12-2011 05:57 AM

how do you counter warwick when hes not jungling

please please please tell me every time i face warwick i loose.

xxShadowLordxx 03-12-2011 07:22 AM

get to lvl 30, and u wont see a lanning ww, also ignites works very well against him, he dont have lots of hp,

AntiTcb 03-12-2011 07:31 AM

In the event that you have a laning Warwick, there's 2 ways to handle this.

If it's an AD Lanewick, harass, harass, harass. He simply does not have the mana regen to keep a constant Q spam up and you need to harass him out of autoattacking.

If it's an AP Lanewick, keep a healing reduction on him. Take away his healing, and that's about all he can do, since Warwick is essentially made of paper without defensive items. You won't be able to just simply harass him out of the lane. Get a ranged champion to keep a constant poke on him. Miss Fortune works amazingly well, and to a lesser extent, Katarina. Someone who can do consistent damage without getting too close into the fray.

biomorph 03-12-2011 08:05 AM

put any ranged champion in lane, poke him in between last hits and keep out of range for his hungering strike. This way WW will struggle to keep his HP up and is not allowed to farm effectively. There are two ways to "win" a lane if we ignore downing tower and that is number of player kills and/or number of last hits. You can condense those into who exits laning phase with the most gold. You do not have to kill WW just make it harder for him to get last hits. Laning against WW so so easy until he gets lvl 6 and coordinate ganks on you. this is also why very few people lane with WW in the first place.

Your Pal Shifty 03-13-2011 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxShadowLordxx (Hozzászólás 6908560)
get to lvl 30, and u wont see a lanning ww, also ignites works very well against him, he dont have lots of hp,

ha get to high lvl ranked games (1600+) and you will see lanewicks.

Haelstrom 03-13-2011 08:56 AM

Against AP Warwick (from the guy who made Magewick: )

Exhaust/Ignite.
SMART ranged harass. Don't neglect your farm and keep your distance.
Mordekaiser passive.

In a nutshell.

Tank Warwick: Harass, and when he's level 5/getting close to 6, do not over-extend. It's like begging for him to ult you while his jungler shows up.

Warrrrax 03-14-2011 10:41 AM

Laning warwicks are best when they are mid. They are basically like playing short-range Vlads that start with a huge heal/nuke. All you can do is chip away at them from long range, or ignore and lasthit if they arent trying to zone you.

IN 2v2 lanes, they arent nearly as strong since it kind of depends on the lane partner. They can be easily CCed and beat down by a variety of combinations. His short range is great vs melee guys but awful vs range.

SirCumference 03-14-2011 10:54 AM

Play as any hero and roll head on keyboard

mcm00 03-14-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PosidenGod (Hozzászólás 6907762)
please please please tell me every time i face warwick i loose.

Try closing your legs.

Oystersauce 03-14-2011 12:55 PM

what hero are you using?