League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Annie, the tank (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=57056)

Evilcookiemnstr 02-07-2010 07:42 AM

Annie, the tank

So i play annie alot, and i generally do relatively decent. I have tried many different builds, magic pen, straight ability power, etc but i got bored one day and decided i wanted to try something for fun, tank annie.

My build consists of:
Rod of Ages
Choice of boots dependant on game
Rylais Scepter
Banshees Veil
Innervating Locket
Frozen Heart

Annies ap scaling compared to other champions is, well, lacking in my opinion and one of her number one aspects to a team fight is her aoe stun. Well with this build i can do many things, i can initiate quite well, i can survive quite the im going to target the squishy who keeps raping us, i can still aoe stun, and quite often with frozen heart. When my stun is down i have the capabilities of aoe slows.

I may not do quite the damage of a pure ap annie because i have about half the ability power but i do happen to put out more than enough damage to take people down, and quickly.

Many people ask why on earth would you get innervating locket on annie. The answer is because it is hp and mana making her even more durable, its a mana aura further providing her main role as a supporter in this build, and her cooldowns are crazy short allowing for her to constantly apply the buff, and with the 20 mana every time you cast your spells theoretically cost 20 mana less and every time you place a killing blow with disintegrate you gain 20 mana.

I wanted some feedback on this build, i was curious what people thought

HeyJon 02-07-2010 08:04 AM

first of all that is to many items. game has to last at less 60+ to get that much money. try to reconsider the items you do with your tank build.

Evilcookiemnstr 02-07-2010 08:19 AM

yea i have never gotten all 6 to be honest most i have gotten is 4 or 5 but i dont generally suffer too much from it

Grovel 02-07-2010 09:11 AM

That's pretty much how I've seen good Annie players already build her, RoA > Boots > Mejai's > Ryali's > Game ends.

notDeAdYet 02-07-2010 12:18 PM

makes sense...
but yeah, put some priorities, you're never gonna get all 6.

junster 02-07-2010 11:50 PM

I build mine similar minus locket
It costs too much and really is more of a lane staying item than for tanking or fighting.

TokinPrez 02-08-2010 04:30 AM

Really do not thing there needs to be a Tank Annie guide, I mean I would never set out with this item build as my goal from the get go.

Annie is a fortunate champion in that she is not nearly as item dependent as most, which means you can afford to be very flexible with her.

If your being focused a lot or lack a good team fight initiator then yes, picking up some tanky items is a good idea. If however you are stomping, or they do not focus you, blah blah, then why on earth would I build myself tanky and neglect potential damage increases?

Regardless often times I do pick up a tanky item as my 4th or 5th item unless we are stomping, beyond that I find it rare to need more, but the issue has arised and thankfully Annie can use whatever.

Chutzpahnaught 02-08-2010 05:31 AM

in my opinion, annies 3 core items are-
rod of ages
meija's soulstealer
deathbringer's grasp

after that, you build accordingly.

Either going for rylai's or the ring. Hell, if you are really stomping once you get the soulstealer, then you can skip the grasp.

Usually, i almost always get asap-
sorc/merc boots
catalyst
meija's