League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   which vlad build works best? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=570319)

Mooreo 03-09-2011 02:42 PM

which vlad build works best?

I see alot of 9 21 0 vlad and 0 9 21 with magic pen health per level ap per level and health.
Seems to me like 21 9 0 with magic pen ap per level ap per level and flat health q is the way to go. Why do people do otherwise? My items are usually ion boots, warmogs, rylais scepter, deathcap every game. What other items do people use with their builds and why?

ZXPrototype 03-09-2011 03:23 PM

Don't bother with a warmogs. Pointless on vlad.

Run hplevel runes so you don't bother with a warmogs, again I repeat vlad should be played AP carry warmogs will provide no benefits to him at all compared to buying a different item.

oh and the defensive masteries are just for even more lane domination.

Mooreo 03-09-2011 03:31 PM

Everyone says you need vlad 4k hp and only way I can get him up that high is warmogs...

Saevok 03-09-2011 04:00 PM

2x deathcap > warmogs

as in: deathcap then another deathcap > warmog then deathcap

JohnnyThrash 03-09-2011 05:10 PM

Stacking AP is much better than HP because of the returns are just much better. 40HP=1AP and 1AP=1.8HP. Three flat AP quints will = approximately 1 whole flat HP quint. If you build nothing but health you will have a huge amount of health but will be no threat to anyone. You will effectively be ignored in most team fights and then picked off at their leisure because you won't be able to take down any champions.Some items every Vlad should want are sorcerer's shoes, spirit visage *cooldown reduction, and increased health gain from regeneration effects are amazing on Vlad* and Rylai's scepter. Offensive tree isn't very good for Vlad you never need more than 9 points there, because the next two masteries increase physical attack and critical strikes which you absolutely do not need. Utility tree and Defensive tree are both very good, defense because you get a free 48 health, and +4% ap. Just make sure you avoid all masteries that have anything to do with mana.

Guxz 03-09-2011 06:07 PM

Start with Amplifying Tome/Boots + 1 hp pot / 3 > Haunting Guise > Ionian Boots > Spirit Visage > Deathcap > Abyssal Scepter (if you need magic resist) / Zhonya's Hourglass (if you need armor).

Masteries 9/0/21. Runes, just get red mpen x9 and the rest is your choice (i would go for ap/more mpen or health with the other runes).

InfernoPhoeniX 03-09-2011 08:17 PM

this build is the best look me up i go +10 atleast every vlad game go amplifying tome off the start then get majais.. get scorceres shoes after that then rebrandons deathcap then rylai's then 2 more deathcaps i get +1000 ap and a ton of hp

Sacull Kinslayer 03-09-2011 11:42 PM

9/21/0 maximizes your damage output and survivability and has no wasted points like utility.

3 builds. All AP based.

Ionion Boots
Hextech -->> Will of Ancients
Haunting Guise (sell and upgrade to Abyssal Scepter later)
Rylais
Rabadons
Zhonyas (or whatever item the game may dictate you get here)

No CDR

Sorc Shoes
Hextech -->> Will of Ancients
Rylais
Rabadons
Abyssal Scepter
Zhonya (or whatever item the game may dictate you need)

Sorc Boots CDR

Sorc Boots
Hextech-->> Will of Ancients
Morello's Evil Tome (yes I know it has mana/5 but it has the highest AP for a CDR item)
Rylais
Rabadons
Abyssal Scepter

Gigarayzor 03-10-2011 12:01 AM

9/21/0 I find to be the best. Utility is nice because of the movement speed, CDR, and summoner spell CDR. Almost every other point is wasted though, and none of those things are really gamebreakingly powerful. the offense tree past 9 points is basically useless to Vlad except for the very last point, which frankly isn't worth the other 12 wasted points. That leaves Defense, where every single point will help you. Especially the bonus HP, AP, and damage reduction.

With Vlad, I always try to max or nearly max CDR. I do this because:
1) Vlad's effectiveness comes from spells. His autoattack isn't exactly hot stuff...
2) Having no mana, the only real limiting factor on how often he uses spells is cooldowns.
3) Therefore, a Vlad with 40% cooldown reduction is going to be about 40% more effective overall.

Spirit Visage is a great item for CDR. Ionian boots will get you another nice chunk of CDR. Add masteries and runes (I do flat CDR glyphs), you're basically there.
The only other really necessary item I feel is Rylais. Every single part of this item is wonderful for Vlad. Health, AP, and a nice slow effect you can spam with transfusion? Yes please.

After that, it's really up to you. Are you getting super fed? Mejais may be a good idea. Are they getting MR? Haunting Guise or a Void Staff if you really need that extra kick. Abyssal Scepter if you want some MR yourself and/or you have a heavy caster team. Will of the Ancients is another great item if you have a heavy caster team. If they've got a lot of physical DPS Zhonyas is good. If you need even more, consider a sunfire cape. A bit unorthodox, but the extra damage helps considering how long Vlad can last in a fight, and the armor and health turn you into an instant tank. And, of course, Rabaddon's Deathcap is always good, in just about every game.

Edit: Oh yeah, I like magic pen marks, HP/level seals, flat CDR glyphs, and flat health quintessences. Reading other peoples' responses though, I think AP quints might be better.

Aiwlhe 03-10-2011 02:48 AM

9/21/0 is what's best I think. For runes, magic pens reds, hp per lvl yellows, cdr blues and flat hp quints.

For my item build, I start off with an amplifying tome and a hp pot. Next is:

- Sorcerers shoes
- Will of the Ancients
- Spirit Visage
- Rylais sceptor
- Rabadons deathcap

Last item depends on the game. If the other team is stacking magic resist, get a Void staff. If you need some defence, get a randuin's omen, sunfire cape or a frozen heart. Banshee's veil and Gaurdian angel are also quite good.