League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   How to control low elo baddies in ranked (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=561776)

Durugon 03-05-2011 10:54 AM

How to control low elo baddies in ranked

Something I'm quite frustrated win in 1200 ranked games, is trying to control teammates who run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Twisted Fate runs into our jungle with all enemies mia, us on defense, our towers down, and gets dominated instantly "That could've been you."

No, it couldn't have, i was telling you to stay with group and return to base.

As you get late into game, it seems no matter how fed you are, you cannot possibly win when 1+ of your teammates roams to feed and make it 4v5 constantly.

Also struggling with getting people to stay behind tank; IE not get stunned then toss'd by Singed to make us start out 4v5.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to control these tiny-brained allies,

I'm really trying to figure it out

Flying936V 03-05-2011 11:16 AM

Try and take control early in the game. If you don't have them listening to you in the laning phase they won't listen for the rest of the match.

The best thing you can do is prove to them you're a power player by handling your lane well or providing some good ganks and people will usually fall behind you when the time comes for it.

Sol Invictus 03-05-2011 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flying936V (Hozzászólás 6736482)
Try and take control early in the game. If you don't have them listening to you in the laning phase they won't listen for the rest of the match.

The best thing you can do is prove to them you're a power player by handling your lane well or providing some good ganks and people will usually fall behind you when the time comes for it.

^ This
Otherwise they are probably 13 year old kids trolling...

LazerChalice 03-05-2011 05:48 PM

How to control low elo baddies in ranked

I have found one of the most effective ways in dealing with my teammates so far...

My current record is 5-0 in ranked i find that there are two ways to deal with this problem

1.) arranged match with your friends and vent so you don't have any misunderstanding....

2.) positive attitude every time your teammate gets a kill its just a matter of typing the words
gj so they feel good about them selves. And if they die don;t call them bad words say something like awww lets try again next time. Next is if they call for help do not leave them alone. And last but not least when you think its your fault you lost the team fight say something like sorry guys my bad..

These are 2 very effective ways to deal with the team you must never ever ever assert your self as the leader just as an equal... you'll end up being the leader in no time.

Call Mee Maybee 04-12-2011 05:37 AM

Play 15 more games, and when you are 10-10 we will see if your "lets-all-be-friends-guys" attitude has changed.

Grodek 04-12-2011 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutsack (Hozzászólás 7804307)
Play 15 more games, and when you are 10-10 we will see if your "lets-all-be-friends-guys" attitude has changed.

It's frustrating sometimes, but any other attitude is losing you games. I instantly stop listening to anyone raging at anyone on his own team even if that guy really sucks just because it helps noone, demotivates the team and he's being an ass.

Shhh Daddys Home 04-12-2011 12:47 PM

Its really tough to remain positive when every noob and his brother thinks he is "on that pro status", its like really? Explain why you're 0-10.....I've found the only way to control them is carry hard or support them often early game, and even then when I'm jungling amumu and place wards in every lane when I go to gank, they don't realize how big a difference wards make and could care less....

Snosauce 04-12-2011 02:07 PM

stop being a noob duru! trollolol

srsizzy 04-12-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MPHLEET (Hozzászólás 7816344)
Its really tough to remain positive when every noob and his brother thinks he is "on that pro status", its like really? Explain why you're 0-10.....I've found the only way to control them is carry hard or support them often early game, and even then when I'm jungling amumu and place wards in every lane when I go to gank, they don't realize how big a difference wards make and could care less....

Vorentan is right -- the only things you can do are be a positive teammate, not say anything, or be a troll.

Trolling people who go 0-10 is stupid. My K/D ratio is usually positive and around 2:1, but sometimes you have a bad game, sometimes the enemy team out skills you or has a better team composition, and sometimes your AP/AD carry or lane partner takes every kill so you only get assists.

Yes, sometimes people suck at this game and don't really know how to play. Either way, being a troll makes the game terrible for everyone and makes 4 to 9 people think you're an immature idiot who needs to calm down and stop crying about a game. I hate it when I lose because someone on my team is being stupid, but being a little baby about it is a waste of time.

However, a huge portion of players in this game are under 20 years old, or still act like it, so I'm not surprised that people act like they do. I'm so tired of the "shut up little kid" line when I have a bad game and try to defend myself. "Abloo bloo, you're 0-6, you're terrible at this game, you're a little kid, you're a ****** that should die and you're worthless." I'm 20 years old, I don't play every game perfect -- trollers gonna troll, make the game no fun, and get reported.

sefy98 04-12-2011 02:32 PM

What I like to do (when the opportunity presents itself) is jungle and gank really early and help them out. This usually commands a lot of respect. the other thing i like to do is save my teammates, when others leave them for dead. I'm skilled at running over to a teammate, baiting 2 or 3 champs off of him and slowing them, then making it out. (jarv is amazing for that.) I find that after you've saved them or proven you're skill you get less people raging and not listening. In a lot of games I tell people what to do or take charge, and I usually do this after someone else has already tried too.