League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   ! Katarina and Master Yi Help (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=551144)

NiceSPDR 03-01-2011 04:41 AM

! Katarina and Master Yi Help

Katarina is one of the more difficult players to play, Although if you know how to use her she is one of the best.

Master Yi is a cheap champion to buy, but don't let the prices fool you he is one of the fastest ,and in my opinion, one of the best

This Thread is to help people who have difficulty playing these two great characters as i did.

NiceSPDR 03-01-2011 04:45 AM

Both of these characters are similar yet very different at the same time. They both can have a powerful AP and/or AD builds. Master Yi is easier to play but easy does'nt mean you know how to use him. Katarina is a harder character to play, first you want to learn he basics and move up to her builds.

Master Yi i say you can start in pvp with, Katarina is more difficult so start against bots

ispankedurmom 03-01-2011 05:02 AM

master yi the way to go is armour penetration ftw.
rush a brutalizer get your lvl 2 boots, finish yomuus ghostblade- get a starks fevor then a black cleaver (this build destroys everyone one on one), after this i usually build a phantom dancer then a ie and end game i crit about 1k + and have max attack speed with ulti you also have best chasing skills in game this build never fails.

Kat start with dorans shield rush a soulstealer (if u know how to play her you will be able to get kills easy and build your stacks) magic pen boots then a ryalies and a deathcap, get a hextech gunblade for spell vamp and a lil bit of ad if u dont kill the enemy u can auto attack (which is not reccomended cuz they shouldnt survive your skill rotation) thats pretty much it but i agree that kat takes more skill then yi but i have to say yi takes skill i have seen so many people fail ass at him

Kill3rchick3n 03-06-2011 01:27 AM

I buy a completely other build as ispankeddurmom.
I buy shoes and pots . then go on to berserkers greaves. then buy phantom dancer and bloodthirster. then infinity edge and bloodthirster again. if the game isnt won then berserkers to phatnom dancer...
if u have everything then u get with every hit of yi over 400 health back

ldfhndfjkndh 03-06-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSV Brutal1ty (Hozzászólás 6622499)
Katarina is one of the more difficult players to play

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

No.

But seriously.

Both champs are incredibly powerful, but are also easilly countered, thus, timing is important, and knowing when to enter a team fight.

For Kat, wait until someone initiates and a little after than, then jump in with your combo. Preferably at a squishy, so your cooldowns can refresh quicker. She's very much like Yi in that she needs to be able to kill stuff to be effective. She does a crapton of damage, but again, like Yi, it's over a long amount of time, andwithin that time she's very vulnerable.

For Yi, you'll have to wait a little while into a team fight, when enemies have all used their hard CC moves. A Yi's only form of surivivability is basically just killing stuff before it can kill him, and one snare spells death for him and his 1900 meager health points.

Kat and Yi both have rather low skill caps, but the trick is all about timing.

Shatterlight 03-06-2011 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ldfhndfjkndh (Hozzászólás 6753366)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

No.

But seriously.

Both champs are incredibly powerful, but are also easilly countered, thus, timing is important, and knowing when to enter a team fight.

For Kat, wait until someone initiates and a little after than, then jump in with your combo. Preferably at a squishy, so your cooldowns can refresh quicker. She's very much like Yi in that she needs to be able to kill stuff to be effective. She does a crapton of damage, but again, like Yi, it's over a long amount of time, andwithin that time she's very vulnerable.

For Yi, you'll have to wait a little while into a team fight, when enemies have all used their hard CC moves. A Yi's only form of surivivability is basically just killing stuff before it can kill him, and one snare spells death for him and his 1900 meager health points.

Kat and Yi both have rather low skill caps, but the trick is all about timing.

Glad you got this in as one of the first posts :D Timing your entry to the fight is probably the entire game for Yi, Kat, and similar champions. It is more important than your build or anything else, as long as your build isn't crucially, horribly wrong.

omgwtflolbbl 03-06-2011 02:16 AM

The problem with all your builds is that a competent team will blow you up in two seconds.

Shatterlight 03-06-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl (Hozzászólás 6753732)
The problem with all your builds is that a competent team will blow you up in two seconds.

Neither of them got Banshees Veil. That shows you the 550 ELO stompers right away, eh?

Also, he said Mejai's.