League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Who has slain who ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=5487)

str82dabnk 08-19-2009 05:57 PM

Who has slain who ?

Who is killing who? With a game this fast pace i dont have time to figure out who just got killed, was that an ally was that an enemy?

Heres the scenario, your playing a random 5v5 a few people pick the same characters.
You hear that annoying voice "owwwned" i look to see who died it says
"jbox125 has slain arjaybingbong"

That means nothing to me! Theres 10 different people playing this game how am i suppose to know there gamer tags and if he was an ally or enemy that has died or killed?

My suggestion: You highlight the gamer tag in dark blue and the enmey in dark red

Oddiz 08-19-2009 08:33 PM

Make the announcement smaller, put them ALL on the screen at once, not one after the other, so I can see when 4 of my allies died to a nunu ult burst or karthus ult.

And then follow my suggestion for player colors here http://beta.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ead.php?t=5539

Narazim da noob 08-19-2009 10:11 PM

The icon of the players in the announcement is colored green for ally and red for ennemy

DeathCrAb 09-05-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Khronos (Hozzászólás 57857)
The icon of the players in the announcement is colored green for ally and red for ennemy

that's not good enough, as str82dabnk already mentioned, the game is fast paced and it has to be obvious who killed who without even looking at the message (by the color idea str82dabnk mentioned) Color the name of the players, the icon doesn't matter

Deshi 09-06-2009 02:41 AM

Tbh this game isn't really that fast paced lol.

You can tell from the icons, which champion killed what (and on what side) and that is the most important thing you need to know.

Also, you should know by now (after staring at the loading screens and champion selection screens and from communicating with your team in-game) who chose what character on both teams. I mean really, it's only 9 names to remember and you should have at least 1 or two of them on your screen right in front of you as you're on the battlefield anyways.

Again, yes, the game get's a bit busy and crowded sometimes, but it's certainly not a "fast-paced" game. There are loads of times when you need to hang back for a bit to regen or wait for a cooldown, or to bp back to base, or while you're respawning. During those times, or even while you're laning, is it really that hard to press tab and take a quick look at who's who?

You should be looking at your minimap all the time anyways, seeing how your team are doing, what their health is like and where the enemy are, so really you have all the info you need right there.

Nmaster64 09-06-2009 02:43 AM

I think the green/red border around the icons should be thicker to make it more visible.

Also, should show any assists. Otherwise I think it's fine...

jerzy 09-06-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nmaster64 (Hozzászólás 98077)
I think the green/red border around the icons should be thicker to make it more visible.

Also, should show any assists. Otherwise I think it's fine...

Yay to the bigger boarders, it would look much clearer.

Nay to the assists, last thing we need is an epic tale being written to us in big bold letters blocking out the entire screen. In other words it's gonna take up more and more space/time, distracting me from doing the important things in life like not dieing.

Nmaster64 09-06-2009 06:38 AM

I'm not talking about a giant banner saying AND THESE GUYS HELPED. I'm talking in small words under the kill line, "Assists: TeammateA, TeammateB, etc."

jokeeeer 09-06-2009 07:02 AM

If you are in a teambattle you should see who slays who without looking at the (sometimes delayed) announcement. If you are not in the battle you should have enough time to see who dies by either looking at the Icons in the announcement or by pressing TAB and seeing who has a death timer at the moment.

If you are in a big team battle and cant see whos dying I pity you.

Also may I suggest to remove all the unnessary "OWNED" that comes out when several heroes dies at ones, sometimes you can hear "OWNED" 5-10 seconds after a hero has died. (Just the voice message not the written message.)

Knifes 09-06-2009 12:42 PM

I think the dota system is actually better than lol's right now. if three people on you're team died in a row, you can clearly who killed who and in what order, and who assisted. it doen't take much room. The only thing that could make it better would be icons and a way to scroll of the list of kills if you missed one.