League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   5man push. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=54551)

AmyOverlord 02-01-2010 07:15 PM

5man push.

Is this recently some new metagame? Because it's pissing me the **** off. Of course, you almighty High-ELO players know when to spot it. But when me and my partner (or even one of us) make a mistake, we're ganked by their entire team, and then destroy two towers out of sheer numbers.

And honestly, this somehow wins games. I am sick of it. I made this thread to rage and/or ask for advice.

What can you do against a 5man push team? A team fight would be the first option..except for the fact that they have more numbers (until everyone is back) and a level advantage.

November Terra 02-01-2010 07:17 PM

Nothing you can do will stop it unless you counter with a 5 man team.

Sorry.

Peaxh 02-01-2010 07:18 PM

Stack fortify, use Clairvoyance all the time to anticipate pushes and fight at the tower?

GiggleGrass 02-01-2010 07:20 PM

Easy, this works for me, our team would allow the highest hp champ to go front so they would target him and then we would own the enemies one at a time while they are targeting the high hp person because in LOL you have a habit of finishing your work that's why most people get owned by turrets.

BangWow 02-01-2010 07:21 PM

Get both top towers while they fail gank bot.

Razzle Dazzle 02-01-2010 07:24 PM

Why not use 5 man push/gank squad yourself?

Naaaaah thats stupid.

You should cry about it on the forums instead

Droog 02-01-2010 07:25 PM

yep. thats the only way - to counter with your own 5 man team ganks. this has been a huge issue for awhile, people are sick of the game boiling down to 5 man roaming squads once you hit level 8. the benefits of doing it just outweigh the cons of not doing so much that the game literally turns into hiding in the bushes waiting for the other team to make a mistake. the only advice that i can offer is try to get your team forming up before the other team - that way you get a few more kills before them and theoretically become the stronger squad. kinda ****ty huh?

the only other semi-option is to go 4v5 and keep them occupied while you have one person pushing a different lane. its pretty risky though since if that one person gets ganked then you are stuck with a 4v5, and are therefore weaker.

Intrepidus 02-01-2010 07:37 PM

Since I play with my friend, we usually try to coordinate a skirmish to try and pull 1-3 of their team. If they're good, they either won't bite or all bite. Most of the times, this is not the case. He rolls Udyr, I am an AP Kayle. Since I can heal/ms buff then throw my high dps nuke + slow on them and ult my friend when he's low this works well. Being Udyr w/ phoenix form my friend can generally spread out a fair amount of DPS on their squishies (who are almost always the ones who actually try to engage).

Other than that, I'm not sure what else you can do 2v5. Even tower hugging, most teams can easily just tower dive it and kill you, then take the tower.

SlyGoat 02-01-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyOverlord (Hozzászólás 605855)
Is this recently some new metagame?

lol, are you serious?

AmyOverlord 02-01-2010 08:01 PM

@Razzle Dazzle - No need to be a complete ******* about it. It was just a question as how to counter it. Mind getting that 2-foot stick out of your ass and be helpful last time?

@SlyGoat - I didn't see it happen until 2 months into LoL. So..yeah.

It's just ridiculous how easy towers are taken down. They should have liek, moar armor, health, and damage. Make them a threat. >3>

As for countering it, this will seem stupid, whiny, and complete..moronic to say the least, but I see a 5man push/squad as a lowly tactic to use. I like to have some sort of self righteousness and dignity when playing a game. If that even exists. Heh. I'm just one of those people who attempt to win or succeed at something by doing something that isn't the most overpowered component out.

AKA, doing minor pushes with one or two people gradually, rather than 5man push to a ****ing inhibitor before surrender time.