League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Don't show opposing Summoner spells on load... (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=5398)

Veridic Rage 08-19-2009 06:52 AM

Don't show opposing Summoner spells on load...

Gives away too much...

Evelyn with Clairvoyance and Exhaust... On load take note of which doesn't have flash/ghost, then which don't have heal...

I go mid, clairvoyance, see where the poor sap is who doesn't have either- Q spam, exhaust, Q spam- I win.

I repeat the same process throughout the game > >

Not knowing what spells someone has would add another level to the game imo- people who don't choose escape spells shouldn't be auto targets.

Should be Q spam, exhaust, oh **** they healed- ghosted to a turret... now both my spells are down and no kill.

Just a thought.

bountardos 08-19-2009 06:58 AM

Good idea, would also prevent from seeing push strats from the get go and so on. And if you are playing Evelyn or Twitch seeing a team with 3 clairevoyance just wants to make you cry :)

Machina 08-19-2009 03:21 PM

I disagree. I think it's important to be able to see what you're up against so you can plan your strategy accordingly.

In fact, I would suggest that summoner spells be visible past the load screen, either on the score popup or on the target UI so you don't have to worry about committing everyone's summoner spells to memory before the game starts.

Oddiz 08-19-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Machina (Hozzászólás 56699)
I disagree. I think it's important to be able to see what you're up against so you can plan your strategy accordingly.

In fact, I would suggest that summoner spells be visible past the load screen, either on the score popup or on the target UI so you don't have to worry about committing everyone's summoner spells to memory before the game starts.

I agree.

LoL, as a proper moba, should be about REACTIONARY play. I want to win or lose a fight because I made better or worse decisions, NOT because I lacked information about who I was fighting. It just makes it lame for any invis hero if you did NOT know who had clairvoyance.

You might as well you shouldn't be able to see which heroes you are up against until you see them in lane or what items they have.

Undefined 08-24-2009 06:07 PM

I agree with Machina. If you want strategy to evolve at a faster pace it is important to divulge some information. This was the most frustrating thing about DotA. Often, players that are good would not help players that were "noobs". Though i was guilty of this too, i think allowing players to see what's what early on would give them a basis for forming their strategies early without having to rely of veteran players too much. This also has the added bonus of allowing development of gameplay to start at a more advanced, albeit, intermediate level.