League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Alistar - Should be reworked (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=536111)

Tenra 02-22-2011 06:28 PM

Alistar - Should be reworked

I have been playing LoL for awhile now and I have noticed something, Alistar is kind of under powered, while he has excellent champion control i.e his push back and his knock up. And has fairly good AP/Damage ratios. It's not enough to help him stand on his own, his niche is filled better by Cho'Gath. I am essentially asking that he be reworked simillar to how Ryze and Heimerdinger have been. I have suggestions.

Collossal Strength: is fine
Pulverize: Considering some other champs have similar abilities i.e Cho'Gath the cool down time is a tad long considering it doesnt add the slow or even have the range of Cho'Gath's, and has lower base damage. My suggestion is a lower cooldown 10 or 9 seconds, as opposed to the current 15. and it should scale with bonus AD instead of AP as it would synergize with his ult beter.
Headbutt: This move has good cooldown and damage, but once again I'd recommend bonus AD scaling and possibly lower base damage instead to better synergize with his ult.
Triumphant Roar: is fine
Unbreakable Will: I think it would be much more useful if the suggestions above were put into affect. Other than that is fine.

I think by making these changes you would have Alistar in a better situation to be more unique, aswell as just working better over all. And would give him his own niche as an AD tank.

Tyhan 02-22-2011 06:29 PM

Alistar is perfectly fine right now and doesn't need a rework or a buff. Though I would really like 305 base movespeed.

JunkRamen 02-22-2011 06:29 PM

He's fine atm.

r0edie 02-22-2011 06:29 PM

NO

Tenra 02-22-2011 06:33 PM

Maybe i am wrong, haha I never have a problem playing Alistar, it was more as a suggestion as I rarely see anyone else do well with him, other than suiciding turrets.

True Bandito 02-22-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Alistar is kind of under powered
LoL, that's what everyone said of Irelia months ago, except for a select few pros who knew she was totally fine. Same story with Alistar.

PatrioticNigra 02-22-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenra (Hozzászólás 6450532)
Maybe i am wrong, haha I never have a problem playing Alistar, it was more as a suggestion as I rarely see anyone else do well with him, other than suiciding turrets.

Alistar is one of the most jokes and fun heroes you can play hahaha

CruelDestiny 02-22-2011 06:38 PM

Alistar really only needs a few tweaks, improved base move speed being one of them. The ONLY time I've ever had major problems with him is when games last 40+ minutes and everyone is getting everything to do anything... Although I'm fairly certain nearly all tanks have trouble if that point is reached, at least the ones that don't have a taunt.

Iron Tyrant 02-22-2011 06:38 PM

Well honestly when I get into a match and see an Alistar on the other team I know I'm going to win, does that mean he's under powered.. maybe, but it likely means few people are playing him right. he is a higher difficulty champ after all.

steamTRAIN1337 02-22-2011 06:49 PM

Alistar seems to be fine to me. His damage to champs isn't as high as a dedicated DPS, but thats expected. He can still tear down a tower and his utility in team fights doesn't decrease at all.