League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How does the league.......well nerf? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=531828)

z00kab1rd 02-20-2011 09:22 PM

How does the league.......well nerf?
 
So when a champion is decided to get less powerful in the league do they just go up to the champion and say:

Look Rammus you've got to move slower when in your ball and Pantheon you've got to stun for less.

NecroticBinder 02-20-2011 09:43 PM

I believe the champions are already limited in their power, although jax's lore may invalidate that, so its just a matter of simply restraining them even more. Or the champions may have their abilities augmented by a summoner.

Captain Astora 02-20-2011 09:59 PM

I know in Kayle's (or Morgana's) It said Morgana made a pact with the Summoners and Returned with NEW powers so.

101bottles 02-21-2011 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryllau Ellemayne (Hozzászólás 6399264)
I know in Kayle's (or Morgana's) It said Morgana made a pact with the Summoners and Returned with NEW powers so.

It could just be referring to a change in the power she possesed when she lived in her home world and not necessarily an augmentation of exeisting powers.



As for 'nerfing', it is quite possible that magical limiters are placed on a champion's powers. I mean, if the summoners can prevent Demacians and Noxians on the same team from destroying each other, then perhaps they can create magically imposed limitations on a champion's power.

I, personally, don't think that summoners would normally augment champions' powers as they do wish to try to maintain the objectivity of League battles.

Cidem1324 02-21-2011 03:20 PM

While I personally think there is a power cap while fighting on the Field of Justice (Level 18), I don't think there is a lore explanation for nerfs and buffs.

Shurelia 02-21-2011 03:22 PM

Champions train to become more powerful as well and are always investigating new techniques to use. Sometimes they fall behind due to lack of training, and sometimes they discover something that causes them to jump ahead.

For example Katarina learned how to magically enhance her daggers, which made them stronger.

Sylph 02-21-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurelia (Hozzászólás 6418028)
Champions train to become more powerful as well and are always investigating new techniques to use. Sometimes they fall behind due to lack of training, and sometimes they discover something that causes them to jump ahead.

For example Katarina learned how to magically enhance her daggers, which made them stronger.

Added to the our mini Lore Tracker.

Durrok 02-21-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z00kab1rd (Hozzászólás 6398442)
So when a champion is decided to get less powerful in the league do they just go up to the champion and say:

Look Rammus you've got to move slower when in your ball and Pantheon you've got to stun for less.

You can always explain this stuff away. Maybe Rammus realized going that fast was hurting him and that he was going to have a very short life span if he didn't slow down some.

Pantheon keeps his opponents stunned for less because someone made a crack about how he could only kill disabled opponents or maybe he just likes the chase.

It's best to leave stats & powers out of RP though, just stick to the basics. It's more about the characters then it is their actual abilities (to a point, anyway).

petrognome 02-21-2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shurelia (Hozzászólás 6418028)
Champions train to become more powerful as well and are always investigating new techniques to use. Sometimes they fall behind due to lack of training, and sometimes they discover something that causes them to jump ahead.

For example Katarina learned how to magically enhance her daggers, which made them stronger.

How about a single champion on each team? Ashe against Ashe.

Lux Deluxe 02-21-2011 03:57 PM

They have a grumpy little gnome that works for the league. Whenever the higher powers decide that X is too powerful, they send Mr. Gnome out to whack that character a couple times with his nerfbat.

... but really, this is an example of an acceptable break from reality


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:36 PM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc