League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who's the Toughest Initiator? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=52935)

DonkeyBalls 01-28-2010 05:03 PM

Who's the Toughest Initiator?

What champion can best roll into the enemy group in a 5v5 situation and come out alive? What champ can handle a 1v2 situation and occupy both enemies for the longest duration? Who's the baddest man on the planet? That's the champ I want to play next. Damage dealing isn't too much of a consideration. Being able to suck up enemy disruption is. Having a few tricks of my own would be nice too. Thanks for your advice!

Akedomo 01-28-2010 05:08 PM

I don't know about others, but i'm almost always successful with rammus... Half the time they run because they don't wanna get hit by powerball, the other half I end up hitting 2-3 of them immediately taunting the highest threat hero( disables their skills) and then they get owned by tremor's, Thornmail, and his Defensive Ball Curl, Kinda funny when you have the whole team running from you and their carry owns himself on your thornmail.. Not to mention if you're getting beat on you can just powerball away :D lol

Cocoabutter 01-28-2010 05:09 PM

Malphite is the best. No questions asked.

Sparro 01-28-2010 05:11 PM

Malphite is by far the best. Alistar is a VERY close 2ed all he does is uilt walk up flash bash punt and go!. Melphite wins cause he just uses his uilt.

JunkRamen 01-28-2010 05:14 PM

Malphite's not who he's asking for. He's asking for someone who can initiate and survive the focus fire for a long time. That's Alistar, not Malphite.

Malphite is the best initiator in the sense that he's more likely to land it from out of nowhere and the other team will more likely take a couple deaths for it, but he's not nearly as tanky under focused fire as Ali and Rammus are.

EchoRex 01-28-2010 05:14 PM

Alistar and Malphite as a close one and two, with Amumu being a lagging third.

Akedomo 01-28-2010 05:15 PM

With rammus, I don't normally end up running tho, I don't need a stun and I can normally do enough damage, and slow so that my team owns them, My K/D ratio on rammus is always High just because of the fact i can't die, Been in games where i've gotten 15 something kills(45 min game) and had 2 deaths in total, Sure you can run in and stun with Alistar or knock people around with Malphite but can you actually do more than that? such as taking 2 hero's out all by yourself?, I get owned if i try that on anyone but rammus.

I've had so many games that people complain about rammus being OP.. Just because I play him so well, lol

Draykeh 01-28-2010 05:16 PM

Either blitzcrank or malphite.

Blitzcrank can grab bringing one of their guys to you which is amazing all throughout the game. If they're turtling that last tower you can force the other team to initiate with rocket grab. Early game you can rocket grab one of them to your tower for first blood or an easy kill. For disruption blitz has his upper cut which is great just by itself, but combined with rocket grab, you have yourself a kill.

Malphite's ult is on of the best initiators for team battles. If you don't know what it is; he pretty much does a charge into their group and dos and aoe push into the air that does good damage. With this you can almost always count on killing someone with it and it'll be constantly on CD because of how good it is. Also malphite Ground Slam does more damage depending on the armor you have (75% of armor is added as damage). His passive is also very good for a tank.

On a different note check out The MFing Cho guide, it focuses on being aggresive and disrupting. Also happens to be on The most entertaining one. win win

Hope this helps

Akedomo 01-28-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draykeh (Hozzászólás 588292)
Either blitzcrank or malphite.

Blitzcrank can grab bringing one of their guys to you which is amazing all throughout the game. If they're turtling that last tower you can force the other team to initiate with rocket grab. Early game you can rocket grab one of them to your tower for first blood or an easy kill. For disruption blitz has his upper cut which is great just by itself, but combined with rocket grab, you have yourself a kill.

Malphite's ult is on of the best initiators for team battles. If you don't know what it is; he pretty much does a charge into their group and dos and aoe push into the air that does good damage. With this you can almost always count on killing someone with it and it'll be constantly on CD because of how good it is. Also malphite Ground Slam does more damage depending on the armor you have (75% of armor is added as damage). His passive is also very good for a tank.

On a different note check out The MFing Cho guide, it focuses on being aggresive and disrupting. Also happens to be on The most entertaining one. win win

Hope this helps

I think people are reading this post wrong, He's looking for a hero that can run into a battle, Soak up all the stuns nukes and dps, while his team owns them, Not just being able to run in knock everyone in the air and then run out, which is what I ALWAYS see Malphite and Alistar doing, They'll run in blow their CD's and then walk around away from the fight till their CD's are done, I always just ignore them because they don't really bring much to a fight besides that initial hit. If you can play rammus, he is quite possibly a huge dissruptive force in the game, just because he alone is dealing Thousands of dps, Yes thousands as well as soaking up hit after hit after hit, not to mention taunting someone effectively disables their skills, and that means that there's one less person throwing nukes around, or a stun

DonkeyBalls 01-28-2010 05:35 PM

I see that, in my ignorance, I have caused some confusion. The title of the thread asks who is the toughest initiator and then the thread describes the champion as someone who soaks up all the enemy offense. Perhaps then the problem is that the best initiator is not the best at soaking up all the enemy offense? (which is what I meant by toughest)

Perhaps Malphite is the better initiator because of his disruption while Rammus is better at running around with a bullseye painted on his shell yelling, "you momma's teeth so yellow she could butter a whole loaf of bread!"

I think what I would prefer at this point is survivability and the ability to keep two enemies occupied at any stage of the game, so the rest of my team is 4v3 basically. From what I've heard, not dying is a bonus. I'd like to roll into mid, soak up some ultimates for my team, and live to tell the tale.

I'm not certain, but so far it sounds like Rammus is the hardest to kill. I've never played many tanks, always squishy dps. It sounds like fun having opponents kill themselves by attacking me. How about Sion? That guy seems like a mo'fkn beast. Is he more of a dps guy or something?