League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   *cough* Hybrid Panth? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=527703)

Sarvanaasha 02-19-2011 05:30 AM

*cough* Hybrid Panth?

Well first of all, this is a thread in which someone utterly corrects me as to why this is a bad idea. Ive never actually played Panth, but just from his abilities it seemed viable.
For the first matter of business, i will buy Force of Nature to reduce incoming flaming.
Second Matter: Theory...so, he has a total of 2.6 Extra damage per AD from abilities. 160% + 200%. and has a 1 extra damage per AP if ur not ulting. If u ult, he has 2 Extra damage per AP. Now, Focusing solely on AP, he would have a decent burst similar to sions stun, and also have an AoE ult which can either save ur teammates or land u a few kills, scare them off a tower, etc. But with this his AD Abilities arnt useful, and we can very much fix that. Panth doesnt do costant AD damage, like most of AD champs do, and thus has utterly no need for ASPD, or crit. So, a pure AD/AP item would be more beneficial than an AD item with crit or ASPD.
Items: Bloodthirster VS Gunblade (High Level): So, 100 more damage (260 more in ur burst) VS 60 damage (156more) and 75 (75 more damage) 231. U lose 29 damage, is that what u were about to say? well, i just healed up 46 of that, and i have this nifty little thing which does 300 and may prevent an escape. Id say thats a trade.
After Gunblade: There are for more defencive items in the AP group than the AD, so dipping into there a little may help you. U could also stack Gunblades, and get more LS/Vamp. U could go into penetration, Whisper and Void. U could even go into AD, since at this point it will be doing more damage than gunblade, since GB is now missing its active. U could go purely defencive, u could go purely AP...tho i dont think going AP> AD is a good choice.
did i just accidentally sell my force of nature?....

Sarvanaasha 02-19-2011 07:44 AM

50 views /golfclap

Carados 02-19-2011 07:48 AM

Well, a simple answer is hybrid anything doesn't work in a game where hybrid scaling doesn't exist.

Sarvanaasha 02-19-2011 07:52 AM

By "Hybrid Scaling" do u mean somethign like Kats Q and R, or something like Kayles passive?

PS: IMO, both very much encourage Hybrid. So saying it doesnt exist is kinda...

Carados 02-19-2011 07:54 AM

More like Kayle's passive, but Kayle's only good build is straight AP after you grab your Nashor's and Rageblade.

Basically, if you go straight AP, for example, you can grab a Deathcap. That makes any other AP you build 30%~ more effective (terrible math), you can buy a Lich Bane, which makes you AP more effective, you can buy a Void Staff, which makes your AP more effective, and so on.

If you build hybrid, you kinda get the worst of both worlds.

Sarvanaasha 02-19-2011 08:02 AM

Well, u really dont much worse AD wise, concidering all things like lichbane are "base" and there is no +X% AD item. And even with deathcap, which is 200 AP altogether, It still is only worth (goldwise) double what an AD is worth. My personal fav of all hybrids in gunblade, simply because:
3600g = ~200 AP or ~100 AD.
and the 60 AD is pretty much worth the same as 120 AP gold wise. so, 195 AP for 3.6kg, and add on its LS/Vamp and Active. Of course, u wont want it for every champ, but i still think it is extremely useful on any champ that even has the possibility of a viable hybrid.
Of course, this wont make up for lich banes effect, but because of an AP Panths utter reliance on one ability, i suggest u never go full AP. Play AP sion for a stun which is better lol. I tend to do better when i use hybrid builds, and it just seemed a little odd that every panth is extremely against Hybrid.

Carados 02-19-2011 08:04 AM

Attack damage scales even better then AP does, because you have attack damage, attack speed, crit chance, crit damage, on-hit effects, armor penetration, and so on.

eX Ahmbien 02-19-2011 08:07 AM

No, just no. Either pure AD panth or give him a little hp/magic resis and that is all.

Sarvanaasha 02-19-2011 08:11 AM

But AD has the huge weakness of being constant damage, rather than burst. Even if it scales better, if the can simply root u or flash ur AD is wasted. It also leaves u in the front line to die if u cant escape quickly. Magic Pen scales just as well as Armor pen. And Lichbane often utterly makes up for any of those Crit chance and things, since it hits harder than any AD champ could, once every 2 secs. If u couldnt tell, im not a big fan of AD champs, other than the somewhat odd ones.

Sarvanaasha 02-19-2011 08:13 AM

^ i really wish u would give a reason, my lord. Even some effort into one is better than "No."

Also, rather than turn this into a fight of AD and AP, lets just try and focus on Panth lol. Even as AD he doesnt use most of the AD scaling mechanics.