League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   So i played pantheon after the recent nerf to HSS (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=521570)

Wolfhyrr 02-17-2011 06:07 AM

So i played pantheon after the recent nerf to HSS

Pantheon

* Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
* Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

---------

Here's my experience, as a mainer of pantheon ever since the time he wasnt even buffed back, then nerfed then nerfed again.

i go against a malzahar on my lane, i stun then immediately HSS, landed 1/5 hits.
then i decide to go against that tf pushing the tower on bot, ult + stun + hss + spear, ult landed right on top of tf, he escapes, HSS landed barely 2/5 hits

Here's my opinion Riot. panth was fine as he was. Why? because people tend to forget something really important about Pantheon. He has no escape mechanism beside Flash. And thats why he has to hit hard.

He's an AD caster... What do u do when an AP caster is getting Fed on the opposing team? You build MR. Heck then why can't you just build armor to counter panth? No, Call him op, nerf him into oblivion, just cause he can autoattack you too. Well he has to, because he can't escape from a teamfight, he HAS to stay. Unless you're stupid enough not to focus him.

EDIT: Something i didnt mention yet, the nerf is kinda buggy, i mean, when you look at the hits landing its like it takes 0.5 seconds longer to land the first hit, then land the rest at the previous speed...

TL : DR: New nerf on pantheon, now HSS can barely land 2 hits with any luck, go test it, its riddiculous. He was fine as he was.

Autocthon 02-17-2011 06:13 AM

So... how did your stun not help you land hits? You land 5 hits in 2.5 seconds right?

So, stun about guarantees 2 hits (1 second stun?) and they have to run... So that should be a third hit since most people run AWAY (idiots?).

and where was your team's backup CC? Were you alone? How did TF get away? You're FASTER than he is. Flash? Did you have Flash to close the gap?

There's a LOT of variables. Pantheon should still be able to take melee in a 1v1 with his damage and defenses. He should still be a pain in the ass with his ult (which now an deal full damage to people who are too stupid to move away).

Minor nerfs REALLY aren't that bad, you just gotta compensate for them.

Wolfhyrr 02-17-2011 06:15 AM

u should read how TF was in the tower as i said, pushing alone. tf didnt really need flash, just walk back, wait for me to chase. stun me then run again.

whos gonna stay in melee to autoattack a pantheon? if u can safely hit him from range and disable him when he runs in for his combo? he has no way to run as i said, he needs to hit hard.

BoJangle 02-17-2011 06:16 AM

I don't play panth but I have to agree only getting 2/5 hits on HSS is kind of stupid now...

Zax Underdark 02-17-2011 06:51 AM

its the HSS nerf coupled with the stun nerf, and the stuns buggedness making it not stun 90% of the time thats ruining Pantheon, just like Sivir he was TOO good bc peopel wont build defense on squishies so they nerf people

ImIndustructible 02-17-2011 07:02 AM

May be because you keep your stun at Rank 1?

Wolfhyrr 02-17-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImIndustructible (Hozzászólás 6290860)
May be because you keep your stun at Rank 1?

no.

Timed Paradox 02-17-2011 07:45 AM

I bought Pantheon 2 days before the nerf and now I can't go a game with less than 5 deaths.

Hell, I was low health and a TF was teleporting in on me to finish me off, I hit him with the stun, the used HSS and I couldn't melt his squishy half bar of health before it ended in a stalemate, even with the turret helping me.

I'm not playing Panth until they undo this. Hell, they can undo Skyfall's buff for all I care, that little buff is nothing compared to the nerf to one of my main skills.

edtehgar 02-17-2011 08:07 AM

as we all know, the poor underpowered pantheon, "the loser among fighters", for wich many QQ and "plx buff" threads were made, like "show some love for Pantheon" and "pantheon, the looser among all fighters" (try googling), received a big buff in late November. but... is it really a buff?

1.0.0.106 ("nerfageddon". AoE/support/ranged carry nerfs, we all remember this. Trundle comes out with the biggest smile in LoL history)
Pantheon
Spear Shot base damage reduced to 20/31/42/53/64 from 30/40/50/60/70
Heartseeker Strike attack damage conversion increased to 28/31/34/37/40% from 18/22/26/30/34%
Grand Skyfall mana cost reduced to 150 from 150/250/350
Aegis Protection now shows a counter as you build up charges
The threshold required to trigger the Aegis Protection now increases with Pantheon's level.

*hotfix*
Heartseeker Spear scaling damage reduced at earlier ranks to 24/28/32/36/40% from 28/31/34/37/40%

1.0.0.107 ("leaverbuster", sololane nerfs and URGOT)
Pantheon
Spear Toss base damage reduced at earlier ranks to 16/28/40/52/64 from 20/31/42/53/64
Heartseeker Spear scaling damage reduced at earlier ranks to 20/25/30/35/40% from 24/28/32/36/40%

1.0.0.108 ("buff patch" who did not buff much, except the jungle creeps)
Pantheon
Grand Skyfall is now more visible to allies. The green circle that allies see now appears when Pantheon starts channeling. The red circle that enemies see still draws when he leaps into the air

1.0.0.109 ("eve nerf finally" so that she cannot lane, RNG rework)
Pantheon
Aegis of Zeonia stun duration reduced to 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds

1.0.0.111 (upcoming)
Pantheon
Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

sum up:
- Spear Shot base damage reduced to 16/28/40/52/64 from 30/40/50/60/70
- Aegis of Zeonia stun duration reduced to 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds
- Heartseeker Strike attack damage conversion increased to 20/25/30/35/40% from 18/22/26/30/34%
- Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
- Grand Skyfall mana cost reduced to 150 from 150/250/350
- Aegis Protection now shows a counter as you build up charges
- The threshold required to trigger the Aegis Protection now increases with Pantheon's level.
- Grand Skyfall is now more visible to allies. The green circle that allies see now appears when Pantheon starts channeling. The red circle that enemies see still draws when he leaps into the air
- Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

apart from the nice bugfix and the manacost of the ultimate (usually used in funtain, but hey, it's a buff anyway), i don't really see any buffs. actually, his main harassing tool (spear) has been nerfed, his only CC has been nerfed, his main damage ability has been... well, slightly buffed, but it's slower and he has no more the ability to keep people in it (needs a second more of stupidity)... so nerfed...

your opinions? sure, he's a viable champ now as he was before - simply, i think he was way better in patch 1.0.0.105 and before.

Wolfhyrr 02-17-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edtehgar (Hozzászólás 6292614)
as we all know, the poor underpowered pantheon, "the loser among fighters", for wich many QQ and "plx buff" threads were made, like "show some love for Pantheon" and "pantheon, the looser among all fighters" (try googling), received a big buff in late November. but... is it really a buff?

1.0.0.106 ("nerfageddon". AoE/support/ranged carry nerfs, we all remember this. Trundle comes out with the biggest smile in LoL history)
Pantheon
Spear Shot base damage reduced to 20/31/42/53/64 from 30/40/50/60/70
Heartseeker Strike attack damage conversion increased to 28/31/34/37/40% from 18/22/26/30/34%
Grand Skyfall mana cost reduced to 150 from 150/250/350
Aegis Protection now shows a counter as you build up charges
The threshold required to trigger the Aegis Protection now increases with Pantheon's level.

*hotfix*
Heartseeker Spear scaling damage reduced at earlier ranks to 24/28/32/36/40% from 28/31/34/37/40%

1.0.0.107 ("leaverbuster", sololane nerfs and URGOT)
Pantheon
Spear Toss base damage reduced at earlier ranks to 16/28/40/52/64 from 20/31/42/53/64
Heartseeker Spear scaling damage reduced at earlier ranks to 20/25/30/35/40% from 24/28/32/36/40%

1.0.0.108 ("buff patch" who did not buff much, except the jungle creeps)
Pantheon
Grand Skyfall is now more visible to allies. The green circle that allies see now appears when Pantheon starts channeling. The red circle that enemies see still draws when he leaps into the air

1.0.0.109 ("eve nerf finally" so that she cannot lane, RNG rework)
Pantheon
Aegis of Zeonia stun duration reduced to 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds

1.0.0.111 (upcoming)
Pantheon
Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

sum up:
- Spear Shot base damage reduced to 16/28/40/52/64 from 30/40/50/60/70
- Aegis of Zeonia stun duration reduced to 0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5 from 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 seconds
- Heartseeker Strike attack damage conversion increased to 20/25/30/35/40% from 18/22/26/30/34%
- Heartseeker Strike now deals damage slower - it takes 0.5 seconds longer to deal full damage
- Grand Skyfall mana cost reduced to 150 from 150/250/350
- Aegis Protection now shows a counter as you build up charges
- The threshold required to trigger the Aegis Protection now increases with Pantheon's level.
- Grand Skyfall is now more visible to allies. The green circle that allies see now appears when Pantheon starts channeling. The red circle that enemies see still draws when he leaps into the air
- Grand Skyfall now has a small area near the center that deals full damage (previously it was impossible to deal full damage to any target)

apart from the nice bugfix and the manacost of the ultimate (usually used in funtain, but hey, it's a buff anyway), i don't really see any buffs. actually, his main harassing tool (spear) has been nerfed, his only CC has been nerfed, his main damage ability has been... well, slightly buffed, but it's slower and he has no more the ability to keep people in it (needs a second more of stupidity)... so nerfed...

your opinions? sure, he's a viable champ now as he was before - simply, i think he was way better in patch 1.0.0.105 and before.

this.

plus u should test it ingame, now HSS can barely land 2 hits, 1 while stunned, 1 while moving out. end of HSS