League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Professional Master Yi Strategy Guide (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=5178)

flankd 08-17-2009 10:21 AM

[Work in Progress] Master Yi Strategy Guide
 
k

LeGeR 08-17-2009 11:11 AM

Such a short guide, you may want to extend it. It's not bad... but it starts with 3 screenshots, these doesn't teach your way to play. It looks like you're trying to brag.

Showing a screenshot of your mastery trees is smart. I like that part.

flankd 08-17-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeGeR (Hozzászólás 53361)
Such a short guide, you may want to extend it. It's not bad... but it starts with 3 screenshots, these doesn't teach your way to play. It looks like you're trying to brag.

Showing a screenshot of your mastery trees is smart. I like that part.

Well, I guess I wanted to brag maybe just a tiny bit... but it's mainly to prove that my build order works to be honest. I don't really know what to go in depth on, that's why it's so short...

765Immortal 08-17-2009 11:17 AM

What's your play style like? In what scenarios do you get most of your kills -- in team battles or chasing wandering enemy champions?

LeGeR 08-17-2009 11:23 AM

I tried to give feedback, but i feel bad for not encouraging you. Thanks for writing a guide on master yi. Instead of showing screenshots of stats in random games ( I didn't recognize any nickname) you may want to show screenshots of you playing with recognized players)

I checked you win/loss ratio, it's not bad, your elo rating is probably slightly above average. That means you're usually matched with slightly above average players. Thus it's a bit pretentious to title your guide as "professionnal" but then, it doesn't really matter. Your guide could be great and informative to newcomers even if you were below average in skill, it just needs more sections.

Keep the good work, I haven't played master yi much and I can't wait to read more.

flankd 08-17-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 765Immortal (Hozzászólás 53368)
What's your play style like? In what scenarios do you get most of your kills -- in team battles or chasing wandering enemy champions?

Uhm... a little of both, I admit I try my best not to go in first because sometimes I literally just fall over... especially when i'm in a suiciding tower diving over confidence mode.

Yipperpants 08-17-2009 11:57 AM

I've started experimenting with Master Yi recently, namely because all Yi's I've encountered absolutely failed at being "decent" with him. After three games, I've just realized that inexperienced players just don't realize how fragile he is. They basically just look at awesome endgame stats (like those in your screenshots) and jump in for kills.

Something I would definitely want in a Master Yi guide is a "Why You Would Feed" (aka what not to do) section. You should also really invest in skill builds and builds/examples of "professional" (or anything not pubbie) play. It's called "Professional Master Yi Strategy Guidfe", after all. I would also recommend Frozen Mallet for players who aren't farming lvl10s at lvl18s. ;)

Ponies Gonna Pwn 08-17-2009 12:04 PM

What about general strategies (IE Jungling, Ganking, When to Farm) and skill builds? The guide seems pretty bare-bones as it is. That said, I look forward to when you finish it.

flankd 08-17-2009 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeGeR (Hozzászólás 53377)
I tried to give feedback, but i feel bad for not encouraging you. Thanks for writing a guide on master yi. Instead of showing screenshots of stats in random games ( I didn't recognize any nickname) you may want to show screenshots of you playing with recognized players)

I checked you win/loss ratio, it's not bad, your elo rating is probably slightly above average. That means you're usually matched with slightly above average players. Thus it's a bit pretentious to title your guide as "professionnal" but then, it doesn't really matter. Your guide could be great and informative to newcomers even if you were below average in skill, it just needs more sections.

Keep the good work, I haven't played master yi much and I can't wait to read more.

My bad on the "Professional" ... it's habit, I say everything is professional... anyways... I havn't been playing LoL for too long, not even a month... when I first started playing, like my first 30 games was like me on a lvl 10 or under team, versus 3-4+ level 30's... I had a negative ratio for quite a while. You can't really look at my ratio and judge because I didn't start beta from the very beginning like most of the "well named" players, so it was a handicapped learning experience. Either way, i've drastically improved and Yi is one of my favorite heroes, and i've gotten several comments and requests for tips and how to play Yi.

Either way, I guess I didn't explain too much about actual combat because that's something you learn about the more you play, no matter what champion you pick. I mean, during Yi's ultimate I always choose other relatively low HP champions Ashe, Teemo, Lich, Ryze, Other Yi's, Jax etc.

flankd 08-17-2009 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aratrok the Merciless (Hozzászólás 53434)
What about general strategies (IE Jungling, Ganking, When to Farm) and skill builds? The guide seems pretty bare-bones as it is. That said, I look forward to when you finish it.

Yeah I'll finish it up later, I work graveyard shift and I need to go to bed... I didn't think i'd get so much criticism on how unfinished the guide is, sorry about that.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:24 AM.
12345 ... 6


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc