League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Karma Think-Tank (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=486022)

Shiroikiri 01-31-2011 10:16 PM

Karma Think-Tank

Well, one was make a couple weeks ago for Renekton, and since we're getting Karma really soon, I thought we'd might as well make a thread to get some viable strats for Karma.

I myself am really excited for the support aspect of Karma, looks like a different way to play around with support.

What do you guys think of how she's going to do in the AP / Support roles, and strategies. As well as after she's released, viable builds & stuff from experience?

Edit: All right, Here's the stats for her various abilities, thanks to the LoL wikia, and Nightdancer ND for the link.

Cost: 3150 IP or 975 RP

Inner Flame
(Innate): Karma gains up to 30 / 50 / 70 / 90 / 110 / 130 increased ability power corresponding to her percentage of missing health.
Quote:

Each 1% missing health will give her .3/.5./.7/.9/1.1/1.3 AP. This value increases at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15.
Heavenly Wave (Active, Q): Karma sends forth a wave of hidden blades from her fans, dealing magic damage to units in a cone in front of her.
Mantra Bonus: In addition to dealing damage to enemies, Heavenly Wave will also heal herself and allies in the cone. The amount healed is amplified by 5% (+0.02% per ability power) of the amount of life Karma or her allies are missing.
Cost: 70 / 75 / 80 / 85 / 90 / 95 Mana
Cooldown: 6 seconds
Magic Damage: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 / 270 (+0.6 per ability power)
Base Heal: 30 / 45 / 60 / 75 / 90 / 105

Spirit Bond (Active, W): Karma bonds an ally or enemy creating a beam between them for up to 5 seconds. Bonded allies have increased movement speed and bonded enemies have reduced movement speed. Enemy units that come in contact with the beam take magic damage, and champions who pass through the beam receive the same movement speed modifier as bonded champions.
Mantra Bonus: Karma strengthens the bond to double the effect of the movement speed modifier.
Cost: 65 / 75 / 85 / 95 / 105 / 115 Mana
Cooldown: 20 / 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 / 10 seconds
Magic Damage: 80 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 250 / 295 (+0.7 per ability power)
Movement Speed Modifier: 10 / 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 / 20 %

Soul Shield (Active, E): Karma summons a protective shield on an ally or herself that absorbs incoming damage.
Mantra Bonus: In addition to the shield, energy bursts out from the shield, dealing the same amount of damage as it shields to enemy units around the recipient.
Cost: 70 / 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120 Mana
Cooldown: 10 seconds.
Magic Damage & Damage Shielded: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 / 270 (+0.8 per ability power)

Mantra (Active, R): Karma empowers her next ability to do an additional effect. Karma gains a charge every 30 seconds and stores up to two charges. The refresh rate is reduced by Cooldown Reduction and does not progress when having max charges. Mantra is available from level 1 and does not cost skill points.

Doriantv 02-01-2011 01:47 AM

I'm actually interested in buying her, and will once I've got 3150 IP to spare (at 1000 now...).

The Support build will be the safe, reliable one, while the AP build will be the gamble, the all-or-nothing snowball build.

OhTenGeneral 02-01-2011 02:04 AM

From the Summoner Spotlight it seems to me that she could dominate on the field. I hope they haven't made her too strong... a speed/slow with shield and powerful cone attack that appears to have very little CD seems like a nasty combo. Combine that with the 6 ranks of each ability makes me a little nervous. I would love to buy her given the chance, but I'm sure there's going to be some tinkering done soon after her release.

Ŕzza 02-01-2011 02:10 AM

Shes only 3150?

Shields Up 02-01-2011 02:32 AM

I smell incoming qq and nerfs after release, which makes me very sad, because I think she actually looks decently balanced. I see CDR being very effective with Mantra and her abilities, other than that, time will tell.

Shiroikiri 02-01-2011 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ricklessabandon (Hozzászólás 5868561)
-trundle will be fotm.

Dah, I knew I should have bought him already. ;p lol

But seriously, yeah, I can definitely foresee the incoming QQ as well, there's Always QQ, OP/UP threads (both on the same page) about the new champions. I really hope riot doesn't do anything til at least the next patch so we can see how well she does Before changing anything.

The way that Phreak built Karma as support, he did it more as an aura support. Well, kinda following that, what do you guys think of using Frozen Heart / Abyssal Scepter?

I think FH is a very viable item, because it not only provides lots of def/mana, the CDR and enemy AS reduction seem to work well. The way the range works on some of her abilities (According to the video & I don't recall how it looked on the shield) she looks as if she's going to have to be up close and personal in team fights if she wants to heal/ get her tether around much of the enemies.

Abyssal Scepter I'm just kinda throwing out there for similar reasons. This would probably be a lot more viable the more AP heroes there are on your team, and it provides a good boost to both AP & MR.

That being said, I think my first few tries for itemization will be starting with Mana Manipulator to be eventually built into soul shroud, along with a couple health pots.

Course the great thing about items is it changes according to your play style. ^^ lol

Tokinatoor 02-01-2011 11:58 AM

Trundle will never be FotM.....

He's just too ******ed....

1 attack move... 0 defense moves.... he just exists for his pile of fiflth or w/e its called

Shiroikiri 02-01-2011 12:21 PM

Dah, it stinks not knowing her cooldowns & other stats yet. Makes it hard to get a good build idea ready, lol. Yeah, probably most of her build would be based upon which sets of shoes she's going to wear. Does she need early CDR, or is CC reduction better? Well, we'll hopefully know really soon here.

larkhill 02-01-2011 03:08 PM

after a game or 2, build her like u did pre-nerf sona. either pure ap or pure support. going hybrid just makes u bad at both...

Sophyne 02-01-2011 04:32 PM

I think of balance of everything would be best on her. She'll be by the front lines so you need good survivability via armor,MR, and HP to stay up there with 3/4 to 1/2 HP. So your passive gives a nice bonus. Good damage so you aren't ignored, so as much AP as you can get. Definitely max CDR...

Aura's help, but I think I'd rather the AP build so long as it has some HP/Armor/MR in it.