League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   I soloed against Udyr and he ignored me (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=48312)

Ernesto Guevara 01-17-2010 11:39 PM

I soloed against Udyr and he ignored me

So my pre-made (of the randoms I won with the game before) just got trounced by a pre-made of very good players. They outplayed us in pretty much every aspect, but there's one thing that bothers me.

How do you damage udyr early-game?

I was TF solo mid against him, and for 3 levels he just ignored me. Between the lifesteal he bought, turtle stance that he leveled, and the hp runes he stacked, I just couldn't drop him below 80% life, even though he'd stand there and take every gold card, wild card, and regular attack I could throw at him. At level 4 I called for help, between twitch and I he got backed off some, but it left another lane with a bad matchup and we still didn't really keep him down. He got rich, leveled, fed, and finally ended the game taking out 4 of us and 2 turrets in a span of ~20 seconds.

What's the play there? Do I just let him go about his business and focus on getting gold myself? Do I call for backup right away to try to back him off the creeps? All the options seem bad / he seems op now. I guess I'll buy udyr and see how people respond against me.

Omega Therion 01-18-2010 12:00 AM

Harass him harder and make him spend his mana. His early mana pool is dismal and it takes what? 75 every time he has to put his shield up to block your first card.

Charmicarmicarmicat 01-18-2010 12:05 AM

Udyr is very hard to harass in a solo lane, and honestly you're probably better off lasthitting. As CM you should be able to keep up np.

Avilis19 01-18-2010 12:13 AM

Happened to me too......but i was playing Mundo. He totally ignore me.......and my cleaver didn't do nothing......even if i had 2 levels on him......he nailed me 1vs1. I had used my ult+maso+agony......
he killed me in 2 secs.
Basically my question is, how do u counter him. Let's say he has no mana issues.

Genghis Khan 01-18-2010 12:19 AM

u qq like u did for twitch till riot nerfs him back to garbage/warwick tier

Samurro 01-18-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genghis Khan (Hozzászólás 533645)
u qq like u did for twitch till riot nerfs him back to garbage/warwick tier

Nice Joke!

@Topic
I would suggest to wait for 3 seconds until his Turtle shield fades and harass him again.

GENERAL NUTBAKED 01-18-2010 12:56 AM

you're not going to kill a competant udyr 1v1. at lv6 though, the udyr typically will go gank assist. you must just farm and at lv6 go gank yourself :)

Isomalt 01-18-2010 01:02 AM

If you are playing TF you could attempt to bait him to tower dive and gold card him. Just harass as much as possible and take some hits from creeps until you are low, there's a good chance most players would fall for it.

It's risky, and it's just an idea, but it might work out for ya.

GL in solo mid!

II Zer0 II 01-18-2010 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samurro (Hozzászólás 533662)
Nice Joke!

@Topic
I would suggest to wait for 3 seconds until his Turtle shield fades and harass him again.

This won't work. Said Udyr will put up the shield only for heavier hit from skills and will rely on turtle + lifesteal to regain life from autoattack. If he stacked enough hp regen runes, there is absolutely nothing u can do. Pretty much like in one game I solo against Alistar that stacked mana regen runes, he's virtually invincible. That being said, I was a Nasus and I could nail a 400 crit to him once in a while. I think you get the picture now how tough he was.

AmyOverlord 01-18-2010 06:29 AM

The problem with Udyr is that his Turtle Stance Damage Bubble is just too ****ing high.

He shouldn't even have a damage bubble. But in short, you won't beat a Udyr in a solo lane because of his damage bubble. If a Udyr intends to solo, you've got one of two choices.

1. Get two people in that lane against him. 2v1 against Udyr will make him tower hug, regardless of his damage bubble. He can't get fed or farm. Making him useless. Udyr HAS to get fed AND farm in order to be useful.

2. /surrender -- Seriously. If you only have one character on your entire team that is a good solo character, then you're ****ed.